Running HL2 with max details at 70fps...

Jagermeister

Reaction score
The game runs with 70 fps with maximum details turned on with a machine such as this: 1700Mhz cpu, 256 mb ram, GeForce4ti4000.

I found that here.

Does anyone know if that info is official? Where'd they get that from?

could very well be.. valve already said that they wont do anything FPS intensive.. you will loose details.. but you wont loose fps.

don´t think so

valve only presented it to the folks and hasn´t given away test versions, so the guys from that site couldn´t test it. and if valve had said it at the presentations, you should have been able to read this information in other previews, too.

Re: Re: Running HL2 with max details at 70fps...

Originally posted by THU9EN5TE1N
isnt that ironic. I got me a 1.7ghz 256mb Geforce4 ti4400 lol.

Thought you said you nicked a ti4600?

Originally posted by Jager
The game runs with 70 fps with maximum details turned on with a machine such as this: 1700Mhz cpu, 256 mb ram, GeForce4ti4000.

heh, well I belive that when someone from valve confirmes it.. now way you can play the game at full detail with those specs and get 70fps..

and what is a geforce4ti4000? never heard of that before

Re: Re: Running HL2 with max details at 70fps...

Originally posted by Mackan
and what is a geforce4ti4000? never heard of that before

A Graphics Card :D

perhaps..
but it doesnt really help their credability..
and only 256 ram?..
no way.. that cant be true :|

lol |MaTT|, i was thinking the same, and in the post in off-topic about what card you use THU9EN5TE1N posts this......

GeforceFO ti 4400

Maybe 70 FPS with your face against a wall. As soon as you turn around.., *SHABAM*, 20 FPS.

"It is good to hear that for real maniacs, it will be possible to cut monsters into pieces and look what is inside them, so basically you can cut a monster's skin and look at his... erm... organs."

I don't buy this one at all, HL2 is not SoF2 and I hope it never will be. I don't believe Valve would do something like that.

it be nice....so i can play HL2 on my old computer great untill i get my new one.

Actually, wether or not the above article is true I believe that HL2 will run on your own system far better than most people think it will. Looking at the screenshots the game looks to me as if it features far less complex Geometry than even the Unreal Warfare engine used in Unreal 2! The biggest thing that kills FPS in a 3d engine is the amount of polygons it has to push around the screen. The water in HL2 is 1 perfectly flat polygon which looks complex because of the Refracted bump mapping effect that has been applied to it.

I will probably post a short essay tomorrow fully explaining why i believe HL2 wont need a high end machine to run on high detail as I have not got the time right now...

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
"It is good to hear that for real maniacs, it will be possible to cut monsters into pieces and look what is inside them, so basically you can cut a monster's skin and look at his... erm... organs."

I don't buy this one at all, HL2 is not SoF2 and I hope it never will be. I don't believe Valve would do something like that.

Well.. some dude said in some other thread that valve wanted to have something like this in hl1, so i think we will see it in hl2 also. and i believe i heard something about it in some magazine interviews

Originally posted by EVIL
Well.. some dude said in some other thread that valve wanted to have something like this in hl1, so i think we will see it in hl2 also. and i believe i heard something about it in some magazine interviews
Call me crazy (well, I am...), but I believe I did, too. Perhaps PCGamer...or maybe I heard it on one of the many news sites...(Gamespy, IGN, PHL (not forums)...one of those). That'd be a cool idea, but I'm not sure how well it'd work.

-Vert

I figure as it gets closer and closer to the release date, more and more rumors will seep out..some true and others not. Just don't always trust what you read. It seemed too good to be true in any case.

-Vert

the site creator has the nick name "Hoaxer" you people are too easy if you for 1 sec. believed it...

btw the muscle bit...lol!

I'm just very curious, do you think I can run HL2 with maximum graphics at a machine with 2,2ghz, 1024 RAM and GeForce 3Ti500 (it's the GeForce I'm woried about=)

Nope, I'm not. I know it's a super computer, but I'm not very experienced, will I have to limit the graphics?

i think the graphicscard will be the bottleneck
remember what gabe said in one of those vids?.. he showed of some of the things possible with cards like the radeon 9800..
so i dont think you will be able to put all graphicoptions on max with a gf3..

I just hope the game will run descently on a radeon 9700. But speculation about that is a whole other thread isn't it? :cool:

Hmm, I wonder if the system I'm getting will be able to run HL2 at full details....

Athlon XP 2500
Crucial XMS 512mb DDRAM (2x 256mb) PC3200
Radeon 9800 256mb
A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
3x Zalman CNPS6000-Cu cooling fans (extremely quiet)

What do you think?

My: 1.1ghz, 256mb ram, gf2 MX <-----haha :p

Will it run? no i don't think so, but i hope it dose. I'll buy a new anyway;)

Swartz: YES!! no doubt.

"Oh man Im really worried now

Ive got a Dual Xeon 3ghz with 4GB RAM and 2 Radeon 9800 pros

Do you think Ill have any problems running Half-life 2???????? I really feel the need to post my specs and ask silly questions"

That is made up of course.

Originally posted by Dux
"Oh man Im really worried now

Ive got a Dual Xeon 3ghz with 4GB RAM and 2 Radeon 9800 pros

Do you think Ill have any problems running Half-life 2???????? I really feel the need to post my specs and ask silly questions"

That is made up of course.

Well i dont think it'll run on NT, Not sure if XP supports duel procs though.

I tried to resist, but the urge got the better of me.

Lemme post my pc specs :cheese:

P4 2.6
Radeon 9700 (pro-less:LOL:)
512 DDR
7200 rpm harddrive
(guess al thats matters)

So... this SHOULD run HL2 at least descently right?

Haha, mines better! :LOL:

Though if you upgraded your card yours would be better...

But once I get even more money I'm going to upgrade that XP 2500 to a XP 3000 and get 2gb PC3200 DDRAM.

Note I don't have my dream comp yet though, my current comp is a piece of shit:

FIC SD11 motherboard (to give you an idea of the shittiness, most places dont carry it any more and its the cheapest motherboard out there)
AMD Athlon 750mhz
128mb SDRAM PC133
20gb hard drive
Radeon 7500 64mb PCI card

I can't wait until I get my new comp in September so I can destroy this comp.

2gb ram is unnecessary, you will run fine on 512. I mean , you can run about ( if you have a good cpu) 3 games without lag.

why.. got no money for a upgrade?

edit: and 2gb memory is way over the top. 1 gig is what I am going to get because I use alot of heavy graphical programs like photoshop 7, illustrator, 3dmax etc.

2gb memory is only usefull in servers

No you smartass, because it gets annoying looking at a different thread with the same thing all the time.

Originally posted by |MaTT|
The water in HL2 is 1 perfectly flat polygon which looks complex because of the Refracted bump mapping effect that has been applied to it.
This picture from the game illustrates this point perfectly. Look carefully where the water meets the sand. The line is perfectly straight, it doesn't curve onto the sand like real life. This will also keep the mapping of water extremely easy.

Half-Life 2 at E3 was running on a P4 2.4Ghz with 512Mb RAM and an ATi Radeon 9800.

I myself have an Athlon XP 2100+, 256Mb RAM and a GF4 Ti4200.

HL2 should run :D

Back