Satchel charge bug

Reaction score
I'm playing through Half-Life and expansions right now, and although I didn't have any problems in Half-Life itself, in both Opposing Force and Blue Shift I've encountered a bug with the satchel charges. I equip a charge, and it does not appear, only the detonator does (even though I haven't thrown any charges yet). Neither primary or alternate fire does anything, so I've got a detonator, but can't throw any charges at all. I ended up going through most of Opposing Force without being able to use any of the satchels I picked up. Loading the game again doesn't help, and restarting the game doesn't help, the bug seems to be preserved within the savegame somehow. Starting a new game is the only thing that seems to fix it.

So satchels work as intended in Half-Life, but in both expansions I use them once or twice and then they're bugged for the rest of the game, and are unusable.

Is anyone familiar with this bug, and/or have any idea how to fix it? It's getting on my nerves.

What happens if you press the number to bring up the charges again (Can't remember the number off the top of my head)

HOW do you equip any of your weapons? do you scroll with the mouse through your weapons, do you use the number row on the keyboard or do you have keys bind to certain weapons. My theory is if you use the scroll or a binded key to equip the weapons it might glitch on the satchel charges and whip out the detonator first before the charge. I always used the number row near the top of the keyboard

Back