Scariest game ever?

monkeyclass

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I been searching the net, looking for articles about scarry games. But none which seems to be up to date. So what do you think? which are the scariest game ever? and which new games are also scarry as hell (dont say L4D please)

I've never played a game that has ever scared me personally, but the most disturbing/interesting is definately silent hill 2.
EDIT: check out the trailer I posted in the trailer thread if your interested..

Condemned was pretty intense
System Shock 2

Dead Space and Doom 3 only when played in the dark, with headphones and when your extremely tired. for some reason those 3 circumstances make a scary game even scarier. you can play a scary game during the day but when your playing at 3 or 4 am it makes it really intense. Also headphones and wearing no shirt will make it even scarier.

Hi everyone. I been searching the net, looking for articles about scarry games.
http://www.freakinghugeurl.com/refer.php?count=8&url=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
Most scarry game I know.

System Shock 2

The first two X-COM games were pretty scary at times.

Dead Space. After my initial claims of it not being remotely scary, I am now playing it with no frame rate troubles and am papping myself at it.

Boy do I feel stupid.

System Shock 2

The first two X-COM games were pretty scary at times.
The Op is probably well aware of those since he's complaining about reading lists with nothing up to date on them.

Whilst I think low-fi games are actually generally more scary anyway (like, if you heard a scary piece of organ music, couldn't it be scarier if it was being played through the world's largest gameboy synth?), if you must have new titles, I nominate the first bit of Bioshock. Sure, the disaster > medical deck motif is the first bit of major System Shock 2 deja vu (but it comes from Shock 1 anyway), but it's definitely one area that far outshines its Shock 2 counterpart. The Plastic Surgery gone mad stuff is properly horrible.

System Shock 2 was the only game to scare me, but that was years ago. Not sure if it's scary now. Either way, playing this late at night was brown trouser time :)

The graveyard in Ocarina of Time scared me shit-less when I was 8. And I'd literally poop myself if I was left outside Hyrule Castle past sunset.

I was such a ****ing wimp.

Yeah FEAR 1. Just bought FEAR 2 yesterday and waiting for my new system tomorrow before I play it. Hoping to not be disappointed with this.

The graveyard in Ocarina of Time scared me shit-less when I was 8. And I'd literally poop myself if I was left outside Hyrule Castle past sunset.

I was such a ****ing wimp.

I was the very same. Thinking back on it, it's amazing that no matter how many times you had been to the graveyard, I would still ALWAYS feel on edge when going back and fourth for various errands. I would enter, get to where I needed to as fast as possible and leave without hesitation. Felt like I was being watched or stalked, man.

I'm still quite afriad of Re-Dead's, actually.

Condemned I actually didn't finish this because it creeped me out so much.
On the level with the mannequins i nearly had a ****in heart attack

Silent Hill 2.

/Thread over

But Silent Hill 3 too, and Shalebridge Cradle level from Thief 3.

System Shock 2 in the early levels, not so much later on.

The original Silent Hill is, in my opinion, the scariest game of all time.

I second System Shock 2 and Dead Space. FEAR to an extent too, but it didn't really have the kind of the scares that work on me the best.

If you didn't guess already, eerie half-dead spaceships make me ****ing mental.

Shadow of Destiny was genuinely pretty eerie

also Sanitarium, play Sanitarium now.

After you beat the game, you die in real life. So just don't finish.

Silent hill's 1,2,3,5 and Resident Evil REMAKE are all pretty scary.

Dead Space and Doom 3 only when played in the dark, with headphones and when your extremely tired. for some reason those 3 circumstances make a scary game even scarier. you can play a scary game during the day but when your playing at 3 or 4 am it makes it really intense. Also headphones and wearing no shirt will make it even scarier.

Agreed. Doom 3 had me jumping 1st time i played it, same effect with F.E.A.R.

Needs more Crimson Butterfly. Yeah Fatal Frame bitches.

FEAR (Chickened out after the dude walked passed the door at the start, and now i can't get it running on Vista :( )
Doom 3 first time around scared me
STALKER:SoC scared me SHITLESS first time i played
I nearly pissed myself at the first Bloodsucker

blahblahblah

stimpys_pregnant_12a.jpg

Also this. I hope they don't **** the reimagination.

Wait..what? A reimagine?? You may be able to redeem yourself before me if you provide a link.

Silent Hill 2. The only thing that scared me in Dead Space was the hype, after its hype wore off the game bored me.

Back