Scout Troubles

Afnopo

Reaction score
(Main Question)

Hi, my name is Silvain, and my parents forced me into boy scouts. I hate it there, its such a waste of my time and I hate camping, but it meens so much to my dad since he became a eagle scout with gold palm at age 13. My brother quit scouts, and my little brother can't join scouts because he is disabled, so I am my dad's only chance of one of his sons to be a eagle scout.

It's pretty much like that one Family Guy episode (even though I hate this show) where Chris was in the scouts and all he really wanted to do was draw...Basically, the same thing with me, I just want to make games and draw anime..My parents would never in a million light years understand.

My question is that we are having a week long camping trip and I am in 3 modding groups, one including my own, I really don't have the time to waste in that prison camp, so could someone please share some advice on how I could tell my dad that I don't want to be in scouts anymore?

(Second Question)

Why did this post get banned on FacePunch for "Not a fast threads question thread" when I was posting it as a question? Perhaps the one who banned me was a boyscout himself and felt offended maybe?

Light your camp's tents on fire and be all like "It seems that I can't even make a campfire correctly. Looks like i'm just not cut out for this. I shall make the ultimate sacrifice and withdraw myself from the scouts to prevent further harm!"

Then throw down a flash bang and dash off into the night woods.

Also I wanted this to be about the TF2 Scout.

Looks like that is two forums that is un-able to answer a simple problem or show support, admin please ban me for two days and this will be the same exact site as Face Punch.

go camping and give your eyes a rest. your dad could have pulled before cumming but he didn't, cuz he wanted an eagle scout!

now go, be the best god damn scout you can be.

Its not a simple question. We don't know the intricacies of your dad's personality and therefore have no way of knowing what the best way to tell him would be.

Just talk to him. Its like your "need to know my moms password" thread. Just ****ing talk to your parents, stop being lazy.

Its not a simple question. We don't know the intricacies of your dad's personality and therefore have no way of knowing what the best way to tell him would be.

Just talk to him. Its like your "need to know my moms password" thread. Just ****ing talk to your parents, stop being lazy.

Haha, that thread was made before I got my new computer after my old one broke, so I needed to hack into her computer to play Team Fortress 2.

Thanks you, you are the first person to post a real answer after 3 forum tries.

*snarls*

Shut up zt I do what I want. Ain't no leash gunna hold me back.

mine was an answer too, and a better answer. it's 1 week of your life, you can't survive 7 days without a computer? just think of it this way. years from now when your father is laying in a hospital bed, his hand in yours, dying slowly...and he looks up at you...wouldn't you want him to die knowing his son made eagle scout?

mine was an answer too, and a better answer. it's 1 week of your life, you can't survive 7 days without a computer? just think of it this way. years from now when your father is laying in a hospital bed, his hand in yours, dying slowly...and he looks up at you...wouldn't you want him to die knowing his son made eagle scout?

I don't like scouts, nothing there is apealing to me, I WANT to draw, IT IS MY DREAM to make video games, not go in the forest and wait to die for 7 days. Plus, all I ever do when I go to scouts is tell the younger scouts what "NecroPhellia" is. THEY JERK IT OFF IN THE TENTS!!!!!! I'VE HEARD THEM DO IT!!!!

how long would it take to reach the rank of eagle scout?

fine, you want a good excuse..."i don't feel well". you could sell it great by pretending to puke then flushing the toilet. do this after you smoke pot or rub your eyes for a while so your face and eyes are all read.

second option.

"dad, i know you really want me to be in the scouts, but I do not desire it anymore. It has lost its fun and gotten to be more of an annoyance than a hobby. what I really like to do is program and draw. this is my dream. i would expect you to respect this as a supportive father"

3rd

"dad, the scouts SUCK...i hate every minute of it. i like what i like"

4th

"dad, one of the scouts keeps trying to take my pants off"

how long would it take to reach the rank of eagle scout?

fine, you want a good excuse..."i don't feel well". you could sell it great by pretending to puke then flushing the toilet. do this after you smoke pot or rub your eyes for a while so your face and eyes are all read.

second option.

"dad, i know you really want me to be in the scouts, but I do not desire it anymore. It has lost its fun and gotten to be more of an annoyance than a hobby. what I really like to do is program and draw. this is my dream. i would expect you to respect this as a supportive father"

3rd

"dad, the scouts SUCK...i hate every minute of it. i like what i like"

4th

"dad, one of the scouts keeps trying to take my pants off"

I can't read that second option without crying.

if you cried when you said it that would be perfect

IT IS MY DREAM to make video games, not go in the forest and wait to die for 7 days. Plus, all I ever do when I go to scouts is tell the younger scouts what "NecroPhellia" is. THEY JERK IT OFF IN THE TENTS!!!!!! I'VE HEARD THEM DO IT!!!!

Looks like you're childish and immature! Stay in Scouts, it'll do you good.

Failing that, explain to your father that you don't want to be in scouts.

Also 'Need a dispensah here'.

Looks like you're childish and immature! Stay in Scouts, it'll do you good.

Failing that, explain to your father that you don't want to be in scouts.

Also 'Need a dispensah here'.

I don't think anybody but me can comprehend.

I don't think anybody but me can comprehend.

Everyone can. Everyone has done something in their childhood that they didnt really want to. I played the god damn trombone for 3 years before I ballsed up and told them I wasnt going to continue the next year. Eventually I came to understand that my parents don't believe in quitting something you've already started, so I saw it through to the end of the year and simply didnt join up again the next. Worked for me. Wont necessarily work for you.

Oh jeeze, I lost it on this sentence.

Same here.

In all seriousness, you're asking the ****ing internet for help on this issue? That in itself shows you're going the wrong direction. NEVER take serious issues to the internet. Man up and tell your dad you're not interested directly, if he says you're going to do it anyway then not much else anyone but you can help with it. Maybe show him that what you're doing is productive?

Also, it sounds like you have a shitty troop. See about different ones in your area because, frankly, I've dealt with asshat troops before and I'd quit scouts if I was involved in one of them.

The fact that it's this big of an issue is a problem. If you don't want to be in, tell your dad and quit.

So, become a scout. Pull out your trusty bat, and bludgeon all the other scouts, pyros, snipers and demomen. Then capture their control point. That'll show your dear ole' dad who's the best scout.

What's so hard about saying "Dad, I don't like the scouts. Stop trying to live vicariously through me."

I was also coming in here to expect a TF2 thread.
Shame.

hey guys
I WANNA DRAW ANIMUS AND MAEK VIDYA GAEMZ BUT MY DAD IS MAKING ME GO TO A CAMP FOR THREE WEEKS BECAUSE HE THINKS ITLL MAKE ME A BETTER PERSON BUT I KNOW BETTER THAN THAT WHICH GAVE ME LIFE THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND ANGST ANGST ANGST

This was just painful to read... either quit the scouts ("I don't want to go" should do the trick) or quit bitching and try to enjoy it.

hey guys
I WANNA DRAW ANIMUS AND MAEK VIDYA GAEMZ BUT MY DAD IS MAKING ME GO TO A CAMP FOR THREE WEEKS BECAUSE HE THINKS ITLL MAKE ME A BETTER PERSON BUT I KNOW BETTER THAN THAT WHICH GAVE ME LIFE THEY JUST DONT UNDERSTAND ANGST ANGST ANGST
making you a better person
parents automatically knowing what's best for you since they gave you life
34z0io4.jpg

Looks like that is two forums that is un-able to answer a simple problem or show support, admin please ban me for two days and this will be the same exact site as Face Punch.

1) Stop being so dramatic.

2) We can't speak on behalf of Facepunch and why they're a bunch of douchefags

3) Scouts will teach you valuable skills for life, such as hitting stun-balls at Australians.

4) Draw your anime or whatever, and show your parents, like, a portfolio. Then they'll probably understand.

5) Gooooolden Riiiiiiiiiiiiings.

Tell you what pussy, I draw too. I get paid for it. I've been doing it all my life, and I don't waste my talent drawing anime shit, I tell you what. I also used to want to design video games; that ship has sailed years ago. I also am a boy scout, or was. I think I'm registered in the venture crew now. I've been scouting for ten goddamn years. There's nothing wrong at all with being in the woods for seven days, even if you want to draw. **** I drew all the time at camp, but I still did shit, got badges, whatever. I didn't get eagle because **** that rank and **** the people that get it, especially at thirteen. But boy scouts is alright because it's one step towards being a man, and I think it's a step that you need to take.
Go swimming, go learn how to tie knots, use an axe, be socially acceptable. If it's a good camp they'll have some kind of shooting. Granted they won't be guns-****ing-swords like you're used to but that shit is empowering. Go to camp, maybe your balls will drop.

Lol Lefty is the scout defense force.

Also let the kid draw baby's first art style if he wants to. He's thirteen.

Meh, I wouldn't have done any of that shit otherwise, I'm lazy *lights up*

I've never been in the scouts myself.
:3

Shit I never figured you for a Boy Scout lefty. Oh, and it's not possible to get Eagle at 13, much less gold palm.

I didn't do scouts.

I did drama lessons instead!

So now I persuade people into giving me money, instead of being a man and getting it myself.

THINK ABOUT THIS, MR. ORIGINAL POSTER ('Cause he probably won't get OP(He'll probably think it's Over-Powered(omfg he draws anime)))

Back