scout update

Faster cap Taunt is a good idea.

I disagree. It'll make lame caps even worse. Like scout rushes to E on steel, or a scout capping C on granary before anyone can react.

Nope i did not.

It is a swiss army knife is it not? I could also go with a stapler...

Speaking of which, what'd be the Demoman's taunt kill? It would be rather hilarious to have someone die after the Demoman thrusts his crotch.
That KABOOM! taunt should make enemies explode. Definitely.

The Nerf Gun

Replaces: Scout Pistol

The Nerf Gun fires projectiles that do no damage whatsoever. However, each round sticks to your foe and increases your entire team's chance of getting critical hits on that person by 15% making it a perfect weapon for those scouting ahead before their offensive teammates. The rounds however, disappear after 25 seconds of inactivity or if the tagged foe is submerged in water for 5 seconds.

That Dirty Water-

Replaces: Scout pistol

An energy drink That Dirty Water when drunk ups the scout's speed by 50% for 5 seconds, making it handy for fleeing with the intel or retreating. There are some downsides though: 1) As soon as the effect wears off the scout's movement is reduced by 50% for 15 seconds. 2) There is a 4 second window while the scout is drinking where he could be attacked by an enemy

The Nerf Gun

Replaces: Scout Pistol

The Nerf Gun fires projectiles that do no damage whatsoever. However, each round sticks to your foe and increases your entire team's chance of getting critical hits on that person by 15% making it a perfect weapon for those scouting ahead before their offensive teammates. The rounds however, disappear after 25 seconds of inactivity or if the tagged foe is submerged in water for 5 seconds.

That Dirty Water-

Replaces: Scout pistol

An energy drink That Dirty Water when drunk ups the scout's speed by 50% for 5 seconds, making it handy for fleeing with the intel or retreating. There are some downsides though: 1) As soon as the effect wears off the scout's movement is reduced by 50% for 15 seconds. 2) There is a 4 second window while the scout is drinking where he could be attacked by an enemy

One of the better suggestions, though I must point out energy drinks and Nerf guns didn't exist in 1930's America and also Nerf is a copyrighted trademark.

TF2 is set during the Cold War.

Also, a 4 second vulnerability on the energy drink would make it completely pointless for escaping. A scout standing still for more than a second is a dead scout.

TF2 is set during the Cold War.

Also, a 4 second vulnerability on the energy drink would make it completely pointless for escaping. A scout standing still for more than a second is a dead scout.

The art style has been based on the style of posters for products and what-not of the 1930's or perhaps 40's, there is no cold war involved.

Also Nerf guns and energy drinks still didn't exist then or solves the copyright issue with the gun.

I still like the suggestion though.

Make it a suction cup crossbow or something.

And make the drink some sort of ye olde health tonic or whatever.

One of the better suggestions, though I must point out energy drinks and Nerf guns didn't exist in 1930's America and also Nerf is a copyrighted trademark.
Most of the weapons in TF2 don't exist, and probably will never exist at all.

Acctully hes completely right, in the 20s and 30s teleporters were common place, but we ran out of antique Dodo eggs to power them.

The Bambino-

Replaces Scattergun

A portable Basepall Pitching Machine the Bambino's rounds cause tremendous knockback, but limited damage to the target. The Major benefit of the gun is that when fired near enemy sentries the baseballs temporally distract the gun for 3 seconds allowing for the scout and fellow teammates time to sneak by.

SMG - Replaces scatter gun - Provides better long range damage but not so good up close.

Iron bat - Replaces baseball bat - Does more damage but reduces speed 20%

Baseball - Replaces pistol - Can be thrown at enemies or batted at them with the baseball bat or iron bat

"GTFOtimizer"

* Replaces pistol

- When fired at a demoman player, the player is automatically kicked and banned for 5 minutes with a message that reads: "Your prefered class is easy-mode noob crutchery, you can do better, next time you play chose a class thats a tad less weaksauce pathetic."

I like this idea, but that's just me, a ****ing cant stand demomen, I can get annoyed by a sneaky ass spy that keep ruining my sentries, I can get frustrated with a seemingly unstoppable soldier, but only the demoman can be so lame, so stupid. Only the demoman is auto-pilot for lazy players who want the kills but without any real risk or effort.

Burn in hell demomen.....burn. in. Hell.

[/rant]

I don't want to start another new thread, so I have to ask... why didn't the character updates come to the xbox 360?!? They were supposed to come before the end of the year but they're still not here.;( I'm starting to think Valve has let me down;( (unless it was Microsoft's fault again:frown:). Does anyone know what happened?

I don't want to start another new thread, so I have to ask... why didn't the character updates come to the xbox 360?!? They were supposed to come before the end of the year but they're still not here.;( I'm starting to think Valve has let me down;( (unless it was Microsoft's fault again:frown:). Does anyone know what happened?

Its just valve time dude, they are still coming.

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2096

The flaregun is rather funsies.

^I know, I want to use it so bad!!:eek:!!

Flaregun.png

The art style has been based on the style of posters for products and what-not of the 1930's or perhaps 40's, there is no cold war involved.
Read the Soldier's backstory.

...It's beautiful.

If the scout's sprint in place taunt captured cap points faster, the downside would be a few seconds they were defenseless. Not to mention that capturing a point is cancelled when people from both teams are on the point, so it would become useless once the enemy arrived.

1) Scouts aren't like heavys where taunting makes them vulnerable where otherwise they're a threat. Scouts are always vulnerable. Which is why they are so fast and can double jump so they can avoid being hit. But on the point, that's virtually worthless on such a small space. He'd be better off taunting no matter what (mostly).

2) You definitely don't need to be on the point to stop him. Soldiers, snipers, demos, even medics can be a threat from a pretty far distance.

^Corp. Sheepo, reading your post, I'm not really sure if you are for or against the cap taunt.

Originally Posted by Corp. Sheepo
1) Scouts aren't like heavys where taunting makes them vulnerable where otherwise they're a threat. Scouts are always vulnerable. Which is why they are so fast and can double jump so they can avoid being hit. But on the point, that's virtually worthless on such a small space. He'd be better off taunting no matter what (mostly).

I'm not sure what you meant by always vulnerable, but I think you're talking about the scout's low health. If so, it doesn't really matter. If any class taunts and someone starts shooting at them early enough, they're basically dead.

Originally Posted by Corp. Sheepo
2) You definitely don't need to be on the point to stop him. Soldiers, snipers, demos, even medics can be a threat from a pretty far distance.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant that if someone on the blue team is capturing a cap point and someone from the red team gets near enough to the point, the bar that shows the progress for capturing the point will stop. So it would become completely useless for scouts to use the taunt when the defending team is on the point.

cork bat for the melee weapon?

perhaps it could do 50% less damage but have huge knock-back

Back