Scrinny

Evo

Tank
Reaction score
normal_Thirdfaction_logomessage2.jpg

That confirms that the Third Faction are actually called the Scrin, took EA too damn long to finally confirm what they were called but yea :D

Well a pretty big C&C3 update, several competitions etc.

Check it here

I am wholeheartedly against this decision, infact I've been against almost everything EA have done with the game. It'll still probably be really fun though.

The C&C games have nothing to do with aliens...WHAT HAVE THEY DONE??!

Oh well, I'll still buy it.

They actually introduced the aliens in Tiberian Sun, so it's really not that surprising. It seemed like Westwood was setting them up as the next faction even back then. I just hope they make them unique enough and that they fit in with the GDI/Nod dynamic.

They actually introduced the aliens in Tiberian Sun, so it's really not that surprising. It seemed like Westwood was setting them up as the next faction even back then. I just hope they make them unique enough and that they fit in with the GDI/Nod dynamic.

Correct.

Well, according to my PCZone they've been orbiting Jupitar just waiting to strike. Kane calls them the "visitors" while the otehr dude (can't remember his name for the life of me) calls them "invaders". Creative.
*sighs* I just hope it's balanced.

I tried playing that one, but I couldn't...I don't know why, but I stopped playing it, forgot it existed, and here we are today!

Now the CD is broken..and I have no idea.

I am pretty sure they will be pretty unique. Have you seen any of the coverage about them? They look pretty darn unique if you ask me

Though that is only compared to the other factions, many peeps like Rim say they are Starcraft theives!

:p

Well, according to my PCZone they've been orbiting Jupitar just waiting to strike. Kane calls them the "visitors" while the otehr dude (can't remember his name for the life of me) calls them "invaders". Creative.
*sighs* I just hope it's balanced.

It should be balanced when released, they have finished the core gameplay and everything as far as i am aware and they are spending these last few weeks just tidying everything up and balancing it.

Check out this Dev BLog for balancing info

Oh check out this thread for some new info :)

They actually introduced the aliens in Tiberian Sun
No, they introduced a ship, a ship that, according to Vega (who was flying it BTW), Kane built. This ship was refered to as a Scrin ship via CABAL's battlefield interface. GDI forced labeld it as an alien craft with no real evidence. On board was a device known as the Tacitus, or most of it anyway. The other piece was located in a (completly Earth-bound, and ancient) temple (with 'Temple of the Tacitus' written on it)in Africa. It also introduced the idea the Tiberium may have been caried to Earth via a meteor, but this is never proven. No one but GDI (Who are completly ignorant of the technology involved) labled things as extra-terestrial.

Edit: Evo, I have never, ever said anything about them being starcraft thieves. But then again, not all of the units are very original; "Annihilator Tripods"? Well, you can hardly blame them, it's a great book and Valve stole the design too.

Edit: Evo, I have never, ever said anything about them being starcraft thieves. But then again, not all of the units are very original; "Annihilator Tripods"? Well, you can hardly blame them, it's a great book and Valve stole the design too.

Good point, meant Atomic_Piggy i think :O

:p

<3

Nothing official, not an EA reg'd domain

Mmmmm...skinny

New cncnation.net site design blah blah blah

Just check it out would ya guys

Big update on the new look cncnation webby :)

- 50+ minute EA C&C3 Podcast
- New Designer Diary from Mike Verdu
- New Scrin video

:)

Back