Shell Caseings.!

G

GOoch

This i know is realy Desperate.
Just some thing i noticed while watching the Tech demo for like the 3215..Time.
when the character fires rounds off at the wood and water mellon, If you look down at the floor you see 1 or 2 shell caseings, Then like the old HL the dissapear.? Maby im a bit to pickey, I dont know but that sort of detail i like, Im begining to wonder if bullet holes/Scorch marks will dissapear after an alloted time as well :(
Is it September yet.?

;(

that is one thing i would love to see, a game where all the bullet holes, corpses and shell casings stay forever so you can come back and find old battles you have fought...

Originally posted by Cleric
that is one thing i would love to see, a game where all the bullet holes, corpses and shell casings stay forever so you can come back and find old battles you have fought...

Ohh you took the words right out of my mouth !!!

Not sure if thats been mentioned acctualy (corpses staying put).
would be nice though if ValVe have thought about it, Im sure they have, I mean come on its ValVe for Gods Sake..

Wouldnt that take up more ram or something to keep that one your screen?

TrueWeltall

Bloody hell your going to need one hell of a system to run the game in the first place m8 dont think thats really an issue.:)

Maybe you could costemize (or how U spell it) what U prefer...

Maybe you could costemize (or how U spell it) what U prefer...

Yea thats true i suppose but not like HL/Cs were it was like just an ammout of Caseings/Decals(bullet holes) you could set then once it reached that number they dissapeared.

That is another possebility... We just cant know ^_^

I think i noticed some antlion corpses disapperaring in the part where hes in jail throwing around those scent bombs. At the end just before the large one comes out you see a corpse and when he backs down from it, its gone

Yeah. I noticed that too. Also in the sequence with gordon smashing the wood plank barrier with a crowbar (the third sequece)

You can clearly see the wooden pieces starting to fade out. I usually don't care much about these things, but somehow I am for HL2... Maybe my expectations are too high :(

Originally posted by TrueWeltall
obvioously... and the game will be postponed for who knows?

youd think it would be possible to have the corpses stay in singleplayer because unlike multiplayer there arnt an infinite number of enemies

haha.. immagine playing multilpayer and the corpses would stay... @ the end of the game you walk on corpses :)

spawn -> dead (corpse)
spawn -> dead (another corpse)

and so on!

looks like bullet holes stay forever, just like in HL1. Look at the first City 17 clip, with barney. They approach that alien wall thing, with the combines defending it, and they shoot at it a lot. Then, they go through the wrecked building, and attack it from the rear. If you look at the wall behind the alien thing, it's still riddled with hundreds of bullet holes from the battle.

looks like bullet holes stay forever, just like in HL1.

Hmm refresh my mind m8 because i think your wrong there HL Bullet holes definatley dissapeared after a given time no question about it.!

I think they dissapear.. but I am not sure

i think its just to make the e3 demo run as smooth as possible, when the work out all the kinks(sept. 30th) im sure we'll have an option.

I bet we will, remember, CS has an option to keep bodies in a game-round, and on a 32 player server, there can end up being alot of bodies.

I am pretty sure Valve will have the option to keep a ridiculous amount of dead bodies and decals on screen without dissapearing.

Plus, what fun would the Gravity gun(s) be without any dead bodies!? :E :E

Back