Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milo, Farrowlesparrow was just kidding about not have people who registered after June not being able to create threads to show how ridiculous it is to stop Headcrabs from creating them also.(But it would be to bad of an idea if it would stop threads like this.)

I have been here longer than most people and am still a Headcrab. I mostly read threads and replies and post something when I feel that I can contribute something worthwhile. I never post insults of useless stuff, and alot of the others do not either.

This was so good I just had to quote it.
Originally posted by Javert
" A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step."
Give the headcrabs a chance, there are diamonds in the rough.

Hey guys let me tell you why i dont agree on this from previous experience in another forum.

As mentioned before people will spam up to the required level to create posts and once there they will then start creating stupid posts because they have just recieved a brand new toy to play with on the forums that they didn't have before.

Also alot of these people post this stuff because really they dont know any better once there past this short period majority of them (if they hang around) prove to become valuable members to a forum.

This problem is no different no matter which forums you post in. How many times have u been in other forums and had the good old intel vs amd thread show up or whats your favorite game even where did u get your nick from? All it takes is a moment of your time not long to say "Hey this has been done before try the search button but just for you this time the answer is this..." man its not hard to give part of your time to help someone out who might not know as much about something as yourself in certain topic.

Well, considering an Ant Lion started a thread of this astounding calibur...

I read a large portion of this thread , but it got monotonous with the arguments swing between "I agree" and "I disagree".

Obviously as my current status is also headcrab my opinion on the thread will not be considered legitimate, however I do hope you consider this:

- Quantity does not equate to quality
- Forums are meant for discussion, free forums are meant for free discussion
- Moderation is the key to successfull forums - create more mods and have a clearly define Code of Conduct and enforce it strictly.

I would like to point you to forums.relicnews.com as a example of a reasonably controlled forum, generally the posts are of above standard.

Additionally as was stated numerous time in this thread: discriminating by post count is begging for a heap of bad quality posts merely designed to increase post count.

man one day you were a headcrap. Me too, all the mods were Headcrap. so give them the chance to discuss only the relevent info.

That would be pointless, yeah some people are stupid and come here just to **** around but others come to post and find HL2 stuff out. Don't stereotype people who are new here based on the fact a few morons choose to be just that... morons here.

Only allow people over the age of 30 to make posts ...... that would keep the silly 18 year olds with daft ideas in check.

If an 18 year old asks yah to start a thread for him .... just say NO !

:)

I'm a headcrab and I've been here longer than most people in this thread, just because I have a social life and don't spend all my spare time on here(like it's going to make the game come out quicker, do you guys like watching paint dry?)I shouldn't be punished for it.

I just noticed the thread starter only registered in September and he thinks he owns the place, bad suggestion anyway.

Doesn't the occasional headcrab join this forum to give us some important information, and then remain?

Take the guy who made the alcatraz video, a headcrab... who had just joined. If you look on fileshack his video that he told us about is one of the most downloaded files.

By banning headcrabs would you want to miss out on such things?

I thought not...

Ive not read what everyone else has written ... but ive just realised that this thread was started by someone who has been here 1 month .. tbh I am ashamed to have posted in here twice now cos its just too silly for words.

There are three kinds of people in this forum arn't there...

1)Those who think that people with alot of posts are spammers, and get all elitest about when they joined.
2)Those who think that those with a few posts are n00bs and shouldn't be allowed.
3)Those who think that the stupidness is spread throughtout, but are willing to give everyone a chance.

Why can't people take a word out of the book of poor old person 3), who seems to be in the minority.

A selection of the intelligent posts made by Dougy:

Dirty harry.

quit moaning and get a life.

"mommy a guy doesnt say what i want him to say!!!!"

f*** me
wow.

i realy need this beta.

like realy need it.

should be funny as f*** watching my fx5200 catch fire and die
i buy strategies with little MP possibilities on pirated CD's.

but i buy MP games legitimately.
pwnage 11!!111%&$)_"£ !! -**** sef dsdgs!""£rt3t*TY&£*%&)£Q

7 hrs !!"$£(%$*)£*)_£*)£*)

spamm spamedy spam spam
ha ha ha.

seriosuly jesus loves you, but your still a ****.
If you can post such an amount of intelligent replies as Dougy you also deserve to be more than a headcrab.

what sort of headcrab would put this in half life 2 discussions? Sorry, I usually try to only post relevant things, hence the status. The only reasonable suggestion that seems to have been put forward is the one week "cooling off" period, but that would only stop people who create logins just to flame, and there don't seem to be many of those.
Besides, what's so bad about being a head crab? It's the pubic variety that you should worry about :cheese:

just because someone is a headcrab on this forum doesn't mean they know nothing!

All the head crabs on here have a social life.

all of us combines spend too much time on the net! LOL.

also they are headcrabs on this forum, because they just joined this forum!

they could of been checking this site for so long but didn't want to join, because of all the rumours!

also they could be very high on other forums.

so in conclusion................this thread is dumb and should be closed ;)

Re: Re: Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

Originally posted by Ahnteis
No way. In fact, headcrabs shouldn't be allowed to post at all. Then the moderators can simply ban anyone who posts something stupid (this thread for instance) and soon we'll have a flame/spam-free board. True, there will be almost 0 posters but it's a small price to pay for quality posts.

wow....

Originally posted by pHATE1982
Why can't people take a word out of the book of poor old person 3), who seems to be in the minority.
Soon enough we'll be extinct! Help us!

hi! i'm from the HPC (Headcrab protection community) and i'me here to protest about the bad treatment you give to your headcrabs!
they are living being you know! they are nice and they must be treated as equal, and they are cute too! look at this small cute jumping fella! aaaaaaww come see daddy!
"SQUIIIIIIIIICHHH!!"
mmmfff!!!! mffffffffmmmfffffffffff!!!!
*drop on the floor and begin to transform*

stupid idea saying you have to post 100 replys before you can post a topic, it will only increase spam

Originally posted by WARLORD
hi! i'm from the HPC (Headcrab protection community) and i'me here to protest about the bad treatment you give to your headcrabs!

Dougy is about to be to be zombied by a headcrab.

UNLEASH THE HEADCRABS!!!

Hi. I actually just joined the forum today to respond to this thread. I find it is rather close minded to base somebody's maturity level based on their forum ranking. That simply has nothing to do with it.

I admit I only found out about this board due to the source code theft, and I have seen a few examples of what you older members are refering to. At the same time several older members have reduced topics to a flame match. So which is worse? In fact, read this very topic to see several pointless posts by older members.

I can understand the point of "Well, he is new, let him get used to how the forum functions" to a point, but that really won't mean much anyways. If somebody wants to become a higher rank, then they will find a way to do it. And some of us "headcrabs" are experiance posters elsewhere. I've been posting on the metal rules board for over two years, so I can't imagine there being too much of a difference.

And as for asking the same question over and over again, why is that a bad thing? If a question can only be asked once, then fairly soon there will be no more things to discuss as Valve isn't going to give us much to talk about. In fact, I have several questions about HL2, but I just haven't asked.

Please forgive the ramble, it's been a long day at work. Nice to meet you by the way.

What kind of bullshit is this? Of course they're allowed to start threads, since when is your intelligence determined by how many posts you've made? We all have been headcrabs, we have all gotten the right to make threads, and the new headcrabs should have this right too.

Really guys, posting 24/7 doesn't make your dick longer or your brains bigger. I've seen Combine's posting the biggest crap here, and headcrabs with the best argumented posts.
And when a headcrab behaves badly, do you think when he finally has zombie status he will be a changed person and will make decent threads?

They should absolutely be allowed to start threads.

I attempted to start a thread yesterday and it seems to have been deleted. Was it worthy of a Nobel prize? nope. Was I complaining about the beta? nope. I was just commenting on how it seems that Valve was extra quiet all of the sudden. I made an observation and the "powers that be" determined that I shouldn't have made that post. If the Mods want to make this place clean of all BS then by all means start deleting posts and don't allow headcrabs to post. If, on the other hand, you want to give newcomers a chance to contribute then let everyone post.

And Mods...you might want to be careful who you give godlike powers to, someone in your crew is heavy-handed.

Snewo

I used to be a headcrap before four months, and I started many threads bak there. Headcraps are welcome.

Originally posted by SlipperyNipple
G0rgon, seriously, stop calling us Headcraps!! :p

LOL only misstyped the word sory.:cheese:

ATTENTION: THE ANT LION WHO STARTED THIS THREAD IS A RETARD!
WE CAN NOT TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY! HEADCRABS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. THE THREAD STARTER HAS MADE IT OBVIOUS THAT YOU CAN BE AN IDIOT NO MATTER WHAT IT SAYS UNDER YOUR NICKNAME. SAME AS I AM RIGHT NOW! WE SHOULD CHANGE THE USER LEVELS TO HEADCRAB, JACKASS, RETARD, IDIOT AND HOLY **** I JUST WASTED SEVERAL WEEKS OF MY LIFE ON THE INTERNET!

well d33's not going to impliment such a 'feature' anyhow, so we can all stop worrying :)

Actually, I don't know why I moved this, as it's going nowhere anyway. We have no plans to make it so that Headcrabs cannot make threads, it's just unfair to the people that may have something perfectly normal to say.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back