Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dougy

Reaction score
Should Head crabs be allowed to make threads?

after seeing yet another "valve owe you nothing!, you owe them your LIFE" threads and being labeled a "moron" for not liking valve, ive come to agree with the guy who said Junior patrons sutch as headcrabs should not be allowed to post topics.

not only will this stop the "you owe valve" threads but also the

"i have hl2 and my uncle is gabe"
"will half life run on my nintendo?"
"i hate the HAXOR"
"i hope the beta DL's die of ball cancer"
"a question for gabe"
"valve sucks"
"valve rules"
"spam in here"

threads.

Now i know Discriminating against junior members can be bad cos not all are idiots but the majority are, One forum i regularly visit is TotalWar.org and when you first register you can only post in the basic 1st forum only, and after the moderators see that you arent a knob they give you access to other parts of the forums.

right now any tom dick or harry can sign up in 2 minutes and talk a lot of crap, but by making it so headcrabs cannot post threads i reckon the forum will dramatically improve in all asspects, the flamers and "noobs" will be put off by the "trial" membership and go elsewhere.

of course thats just my opinion.

Any comments?

*please note i used the "valve owe etc." as an example of the threads that i hate and shouldnt be considered as the sole reason i posted*

edit: the grammar bug strikes again.

or maybe like, you can't make a thread untill you've replied so many times, or you been a user for so long perhapes?

3 headcrabs made what people even above your own status deemed some of the best posts around.

Stop being a stereotype, it only makes you look like an ass.

he does have a point, there are those people who make another account then sign in and make instant flame threads

Originally posted by Dougy
Now i know Discriminating against junior members can be bad cos not all are idiots but the majority are,

Now i know Discriminating against Jews can be bad cos not all are idiots but the majority are,

Now i know Discriminating against blacks can be bad cos not all are idiots but the majority are,

Now i know Discriminating against gays can be bad cos not all are idiots but the majority are,

Now i know Discriminating against Doom 3 fans can be bad cos not all are idiots but the majority are,

;( ;( ;(

I say let them. It's their fault if they get flamed or banned for not reading the rules. If you're sick of a certain type of thread, just ignore them.

again, because of a few bad people who happened to be headcrabs u summarise us all as morons? nice conclusion

Originally posted by nnyexoeight000
3 headcrabs made what people even above your own status deemed some of the best posts around.

Stop being a stereotype, it only makes you look like an ass.

and suprise suprise the first flame is from a Headcrab.

if you read my post you would see this

"Now i know Discriminating against junior members can be bad cos not all are idiots but the majority are, One forum i regularly visit is TotalWar.org and when you first register you can only post in the basic 1st forum only, and after the moderators see that you arent a knob they give you access to other parts of the forums."

thats merely seperating the good mebers who have just started from the flamers and noobs.

How about people who registered after june shouldnt be allowed. I think thats fair dont you?

Just because i person has only recently joined doesnt mean they dont have the same right as you to make threads.

If the system is working correctly, then so called anoying headcrabs will be told they are doing wrong and they will stop.

Should Head crabs be allowed to make threads?

No way. In fact, headcrabs shouldn't be allowed to post at all. Then the moderators can simply ban anyone who posts something stupid (this thread for instance) and soon we'll have a flame/spam-free board. True, there will be almost 0 posters but it's a small price to pay for quality posts.

I said...
I’m not trying to make some fluffy support valve thread “cuzz itz de rite thang 2 du” thread. I’m not even going to ask you to delete your ILLEGAL beta, but I’m trying to present some common sense. Valve is making a great game (the best in my opinion), and the least you can do is show appreciation. You don’t owe valve anything or spend time protecting the source code, but this screw valve attitude is not right. If you want all of the awesome modifications for Half Life 2, I would suggest you make it an enjoyable process for valve to communicate with their customer base.

Dougy
  • Try making some sense.
  • Get your facts straight…
  • …then shut your mouth about people who have better things to do than spend 24/7 on HL2.net forums.

STFU with your whining. You got PWNED by my thread (http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12627), so your little jealous self, rather than presenting intelligent arguments tries to avoid the issue and eliminate the subject. I’ve got better things to do than increase my post count, so why don’t you go SPAM-OFF in private where no one can see you!

thats just silly, I would rather "ignorant" people are deprived the power to post new threads.
people will just spam other threads to reach a higher status so that they can post threads.

look I lurked here long before I registered, and I registered back in may.. and Im only an ant lion...
you registered in September and are the same status as I.
not that it means anything Im just pointing out people will spam and become combine overnight.

I think people should shut-up with this elitest "stfu headcrab" BS. I have seen some of the best threads on this forum started by headcrabs.

Saying threads can only be posted by people with more posts is like saying "hey everybody spam the hell out of these forums to get your post count up... then you can make NEW THREADS... w00t!"

Plus, this forum promotes freedom of (sensible) speech. Why put restrictions on someone if they have something important to say, just because they are a headcrab?

Re: Re: Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

Originally posted by Ahnteis
No way. In fact, headcrabs shouldn't be allowed to post at all.

So basically. You are saying no one can join this forum going forward because anyone who signs up is automatically a headcrab, and since they can't even POST they will always be a headcrab.

That is not even worth an LOL

Frankly stupid posts originate from headcrabs and senior members alike. Not allowing them to post threads is unfair and not really a good idea.

The board needs to be moderated better, thats all. Mods shouldn't be afraid to close stupid topics. They also shouldn't be afraid to IP ban spammers and harrasers. We need a mod with an iron grip to clean up these boards.

Re: Re: Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

Originally posted by alehm
;( ;( ;(

thats wierd since when did i equate head crabs to "gays" or Doom3 fans?

trust me i can see your point that stereotyping is bad but cumon the vast majority of flamers are headcrabs as we can already tell from this very thread.

With this the "good" junior patrons can get through the neash and start threads relativley quikly, for example the other forum i stated it only takes 2-4 days max for a person to be elevated from "junior patron" to "senior patron" where they get acces to all the different discussions, and from senior patron you become a "junior member" and "senior member" etc.

all this does is stop the flamers etc.

PS, I joined the forums 5 days after you Dougy, so why am I more of a noob? I suggest you bite you hypocritical BS before we remove your privelage to make threads and ban you for spamming.

why dont you just single out jews until they convert to ... catholic.

Why dont you just single out males until they chop off their ballz.

Head crabs annoying... thats an ignorant stereotype.

you suck, down with you~ you bad person, dooooom!!!

Re: Re: Re: Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

So basically. You are saying no one can join this forum going forward because anyone who signs up is automatically a headcrab, and since they can't even POST they will always be a headcrab.

Silly me, I thought the blatant sarcasm was clear enough that ANYONE would catch it. Obviously not.

Re: Re: Re: Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

he said start a thread not post replies. Also it's made where they could only post for so long then after a few dozen replies and there's no Flaming or Spamming then they should be allowed to make threads. And to prove I'm not just saying this becuase I am a Zombie now, if they did something like that I would sign up again and start all over as a headcrab to prove my point.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

Originally posted by Ahnteis
Silly me, I thought the blatant sarcasm was clear enough that ANYONE would catch it. Obviously not.

LOL ok that is my bad. You were laying the sarcasm down thick too! Good job. :cheers:

Hell Make it strider. That way only me and a few select others that dont post here no more can post :D

I have an idea, lets defy the entire purpose of a forum, and just not let anyone start threads again!!!

that way, we will never have anything new to read, and no opinons to freak out about.

....bah!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Should headcrabs be allowed to make threads?

Originally posted by rndhotdog
he said start a thread not post replies. Also it's made where they could only post for so long then after a few dozen replies and there's no Flaming or Spamming then they should be allowed to make threads. And to prove I'm not just saying this becuase I am a Zombie now, if they did something like that I would sign up again and start all over as a headcrab to prove my point.

MODS don't have time for than and al the other BS on these forums.

While were on the subject

What exactly is the highest thing you can get. In fact can we have a list of all the different stages ?

There really isnt a way to work this out so thats it makes everyone happy, at least I cant see one.

I agree with headcrabs not being able to start threads, but i believe they should be able to reply to any thread they want as a right.

-Even if i was a headcrab still i would understand not being able to start the discussion but to be able to ADD to it. when you show your capable of adding to the community you have the right to start your OWN CIVIL topics.

You posting this thread is a very good argument to ban 'Ant Lions' posting threads.

Originally posted by Mr. Redundant
thats just silly, I would rather "ignorant" people are deprived the power to post new threads.
people will just spam other threads to reach a higher status so that they can post threads.

look I lurked here long before I registered, and I registered back in may.. and Im only an ant lion...
you registered in September and are the same status as I.
not that it means anything Im just pointing out people will spam and become combine overnight.

yes thats one problem with it.

no solution is perfect.

maybe a time based sytem that would stop the spamming to gain higher levels.

and just a note

Im not saying that ALL headcrabs are idiots flamers etc. im just saying that the majority of ppl who plague these forums are Head crabs like it or not.

Hell maybe a "trial" membership where you are limited like on the other forum i stated would be better than my original idea but i took into consideration the sheer ammount of ppl who join these forums per day etc.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
While were on the subject

What exactly is the highest thing you can get. In fact can we have a list of all the different stages ?

nw90- er, Combine is the highest you can get.

I think only moderators should get to post and the forums are password protected too so no one can even read what they write.

Originally posted by genocide604
I agree with headcrabs not being able to start threads, but i believe they should be able to reply to any thread they want as a right.

-Even if i was a headcrab still i would understand not being able to start the discussion but to be able to ADD to it. when you show your capable of adding to the community you have the right to start your OWN CIVIL topics.

exactly my point.

i might have made it seem like headcrabs should limited to 1 part of the forum, but trust me i dont. all im suggesting is Headcrabs shouldnt be able to make threads but can reply to any thread they want.

all i want is to be able to go to the general discussion page and not have to look at the 6th page of that to find the reasonable disscussions because all the dumb ones have drove it way back there.

------------------------------------------

See this is what i wanted from this thread a discussion not a flame war.

Ok, after reading three pages of community opinions and so forth I think it's time to reply. First of all similar ideas have been mentioned before, just not on public boards.

I've had someone PM me with a bunch of ideas like allowing known mature members to access a new hidden board so they can discuss things without idiots ruining the thread. I couldn't find this persons PM so apologies for lack of credit.

We are discussing things like this but we're trying to think of a way to do it without annoying people, if that is we do it at-all.

I seriously doubt we'll stop headcrabs from creating threads, there's too many problems involved with the idea.

Btw, phantomdesign - stop with the insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back