Should Valve recreate all the fav maps, or make new ones

Should Valve remaster the old maps or make new ones

• Bring back the oldies, Militia, inferno, assault, etc...

Votes: 65 65.7%
  • They should make new maps first, like they are doing with compound

Votes: 34 34.3%

• Total voters

Drizzt

Reaction score
Do you think that valve should spend time making new maps, or should they first remaster the old maps and then make new ones.

I see that i don't know how to use the poll option, ignore my other post.

I want a mixture of both. I liked most of the original maps. Wouldn't mind seeing more original maps though. The next map due to be released looks awesome.

Mixture, I like the old maps but I also feel its time for change... I was very happy the other day when I played Nuke :D :D :D I didnt think it would come back not for a while at least

I just want 3 maps, (that i can think of right now) Militia, nuke, and inferno.

I don't know why they made havana CS:S, i can only remember playing that map about 3 times prior to CS:S, no server i was on ever played that map, it suck IMO.

I'd rather have the old ones back before they come out with new ones myself. I mean they'll look so beautiful on source, I can't wait to see the differences. I hope in militia when you kill the lights in the garage it's pitch black, forcing you to implement your flashlight!

CS_compound looks interesting. :bounce:

maybe there should be new "fav" maps :) but ppl usually thing that all change is bad

Ya beam ,good point about militia. The flashlight in CS kicks ass, it would be good for there to be a map where you have to use it.

I don't know TrippyG. I don't think change is bad, but why would you mess with a good thing. I'm all for new maps, but i would rather see the old ones come back first.

first the competitve maps then all the really wanted cs_*blah blaah blah* like Militia and Assault then make new ones

i Like to see the poer of the source engine, therfore new levels are in need... a couple remakes is ok.. but i dont want a whole bunch of em.. plus i hate these "dirty" levels such as compound, id like to see some fresh ideas come into play..

ill play them regardles though :p

bit of both would be nice but of course....fans will TRY to re-create the maps...Will they succeed??

why don't they make new maps with new gameplay? I want the physics used as a strategy. Like break something, make something fall, create a bridge, whatever! - as long as it's not just shoot the other guy.

i dunno, If they changed some of the mehanics of the maps, i don't think the game would feel like counter-strike.

I don't know, they would have to do it first, it might kick ass.

I'd like to see a mixture of both...
I'm all for new maps, I'd love ot see how they'd take it, but I would also liek to see some of my favorites to make a return; they should like, hold a poll on the steam site where it gives ya several choices of old maps to remake and a choice for NEw map, and go from there

ya, I'm not a fan of tides either. Hoping cs_compund will be better

im sure in time that all the maps will be rereleced how many months has it been 3-4 and they have made us 2 maps and are working on 2 more train and compound this is an extrodinary task and if valve didnt have steam you wouldnt get all these maps seperatly they probobly would wait till they had the skins and like 4-5 maps complete before they released a patch

I want new maps, with moving lights like prodigy and other stuff because it all looks so sweet in source. You would think all the skilled players would want new maps because of how old the others are.

There should be a train level similar to the old "007 Goldeneye" one.
A meat factory, thats a good excuse to have lots of stuff hanging from the walls ;0)

Yeah, I'd say both. There are a lot of levels, like Militia, that I'd like to see redone/brought back...and maps like inferno and chateau that I'd like to see redone. At the same time, I'd like to see new levels. Like a HS or mall or somethin'...

I want - no, I need militia. Inferno and assault would be awesome too.

I'd really want to see remastered versions of Militia and Assault. But they should definately put more effort into making entirely new maps.

As_oilrig please. I also remember the es maps being fun, but they removed them. Oh, es_jail...

Drizzt said:
I just want 3 maps, (that i can think of right now) Militia, nuke, and inferno.

I don't know why they made havana CS:S, i can only remember playing that map about 3 times prior to CS:S, no server i was on ever played that map, it suck IMO.
You can download inferno and militia for CS:S not offical but there are some pretty cool ports. Guys I have like 7 versions of assault for CS:S if they want to port a map they should do that one and anyone who says de_tides sucks is a noob it was the best CZ map and it is very strategic.

Atomi said:
As_oilrig please. I also remember the es maps being fun, but they removed them. Oh, es_jail...
What were es_ maps? Do they still work on 1.6? Did they work in 1.5? I never played one (Well I might've in the beta cs versions which I only played a couple times)

I never played 1.6 so I am new to Source. So any map is new to me. However, new maps are, in theory better because I start on an equal footing with people on layout and good camping spots.

i think they bring back the old classic maps that everyone loves, then make some good new maps. i can't wait until the de_train remake is released. (will probably take a lot of time though.)

disruptioN_ said:
i think they bring back the old classic maps that everyone loves, then make some good new maps. i can't wait until the de_train remake is released. (will probably take a lot of time though.)
I thought it was already released? My friend plays it all the time.

Back