SiN + episodic content

DuB

Reaction score
So... what happened to SiN and it's episodes?
It was released mid 2006 and one of it's main "features" and point of attraction was that it was meant to have regular updates in the form of episodes... what happened to that? Were any episodes ever released? I can only seem to find the main release and nothing past that.

In general is episodic content maybe something that sounded good on paper, but is just something that is not really feasible in practice?

They left it alone for now. They said they would go back to it (To SiN, that is) after some time.

Seems weird to me that they are ditching one of the main selling points of their game.

Episodic Delivery
Buy as little or as much of the game as you want, with each installment offering 3 - 6 hours of action-packed gameplay. But tread lightly, as the choices you make may influence future episodes in unforeseen ways.

So at the moment they aren't actually keeping to what they promise on their site.

Emergence sold 5 copies, SiN is on hold for the time being.

So... what happened to SiN and it's episodes?
It was released mid 2006 and one of it's main "features" and point of attraction was that it was meant to have regular updates in the form of episodes... what happened to that? Were any episodes ever released? I can only seem to find the main release and nothing past that.

In general is episodic content maybe something that sounded good on paper, but is just something that is not really feasible in practice?

SinE1 sold less than expected. In addition another project Ritual were working on got canned, which hampered cashflow. This lead to the aqusition of Ritual by Mumbo-Jumbo and the focus has been diverted from SinE to other projects (casual games).

According to former Ritual staff (now Mumbo-Jumbo staff) they want to continue the Sin Episodes, but timeframe is in the blue.

I kinda liked SinE1 so I'm a bit bummed by this.

.bog.

Yes, also, the world is flat and America is the centre of the universe.

You mean the United States of America (North America includes Canada)

Back