SinE Blog Update

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
It's that time again when Shawn Ketcherside, lead game designer on Sin Episodes, updates his blog. Today he describes the process of designing one of the game's principal enemies, and on the evolution of the gameplay itself. It's all quite fascinating, so click here to read the full text.[br]</br>

I have a newfound love for Ritual with their blogsy goodness! Mmmm!

I'm gonna have to read back over the whole thing when I get a chance, and I'm especially looking forward to what they say about the story-writing process...

Two updates in one week surely means they are getting close doesn't it? Anyway it was a good read, must have read the whole headshot-helmet sentence about 10 times now.

Yes, it is? But since Sineps is being developed using Source as well as being released through Steam as well as being, alongside Valve, the first episodic release its logical that we do so.

Its not just Half-life 2. Christ.

Looks cool... is it just me, or do the first to models look a little rough, though?

Yeah, because they aren't in the game. If you'd read the article you'd have learnt that those are the older models.

JNightshade said:
Looks cool... is it just me, or do the first to models look a little rough, though?

They do look a lot rougher than the third (and samon explains why), but I think ritual should consider using the second one (mebbe with a little polish) as a ninja-type enemy for dark areas. Ofcourse, that would mean coding it to have ninja-ish behaviour, which would probably not be a small task.

Ahwell.
Love the updates they do, and love the final model. It looks great.

.bog. can't wait to cap those pwetty little knees

I did read the article... I guess I missed it. It's good to know those aren't the final versions. Still, next time, no need to be presumptuous about it.

Back