Singularity

I dunno, lots of interesting weird shit going on, but something about it looks bad. I'll have to see more on the plot and gameplay; hoping it's not just a bunch of random shit and monsters for the sake of random shit and monsters.

There's supposed to be a scene in the game where you are inside of wrecked cargo ship and you have to reverse time to restore it to a functioning state and once yo urestore it some Tyrannosaurus Rex mutant monster time creature hybrid appears inside of it and starts wrecking shit again.

GAME OF THE BUTT

Looks awesome, il keep an eye out for this one.

Looks pretty browny grey to me, always get bored of the environments when it's browny grey.

Looks like it could be good, but it would have to be pretty ****ing outstanding if I'm going to even consider spending money on anything associated with Activision.

Looks like a good game. Not great though. I'll keep an eye out for reviews when it comes out.

I don't hold much hope for it. Raven have been shite lately.

There's supposed to be a scene in the game where you are inside of wrecked cargo ship and you have to reverse time to restore it to a functioning state and once yo urestore it some Tyrannosaurus Rex mutant monster time creature hybrid appears inside of it and starts wrecking shit again.

GAME OF THE BUTT

This is the only thing making me even slightly optimistic.

It looks to have those guns that don't "feel" like they are doing any damage. You know what I mean?

Not meaty.

It looks to have those guns that don't "feel" like they are doing any damage. You know what I mean?

Not meaty.

I know what you mean, and Raven are "experts" at this.

why do activision do this? If it doesn't have tony ahwk, guitar hero or CoD on the box they ignore it.

Prototype had this problem last yera now this and also transformers. Activision are you really that stupid a company? Actually dont answer we know the answer is yes >_>

I can't wait until they say to the developer "Contract extension" and the developer goes "Actually no, **** off."

Why does Activision continue to publish a few creative games like this and then treat them like shit? Even EA is pretty good at marketing their more inventive IP's. I've seen more Mass Effect and Dead Space commercials than I have of FIFA and Madden.

yes! thankyou for reminding us of this
definitely gotta play this at some point
hopefully it'll be apart of Steam's summer sale . . .

It looks like another mediocre game from Raven Software.

Wait?! This is already out?!

JESUS activision are terrible!! As a publisher you should promote your own damn games and they can't do that properly anymore unless it is ****ing call of bloody duty! :flame:

AND GOD DAMNIT I WANT PROTOTYPE 2! The one time i want a sequel from activision is the one time they won't do it -_-

Wait?! This is already out?!

JESUS activision are terrible!! As a publisher you should promote your own damn games and they can't do that properly anymore unless it is ****ing call of bloody duty! :flame:

AND GOD DAMNIT I WANT PROTOTYPE 2! The one time i want a sequel from activision is the one time they won't do it -_-

I checked Newegg's site and it looks like the console versions are available, but the PC version isn't 'out' until the 29th. Pirated versions are available online. I found it odd that Singularity isn't being promoted at all. And so far, not even one ad. I checked out a gameplay walkthrough for most of the game, and while some of it's story seems super silly (Russians are bad guys trying to take over the world, again?! And how can E99 manipulate time itself? In real life, it's only a heavy radioactive element), it seems to have interesting gameplay. The TMD seems a bit more gimmicky than practical from what I have seen. I don't know, I'm unsure about singularity to be honest. If any of you have your hands on this game, let me know how it is.

It's a shame how Activision has made little effort in promoting both Wolfenstein and now Singularity. It's like Activision doesn't care much for Raven games anymore. If I was Raven, I'd go to someone else for publishing if possible.

Interesting that Games Radar are praising Singularity for borrowing the best aspects of others games for their own title. Nothing wrong with that, IMHO, as long as it isn't being overdone and you implement your own ideas. Unfortunately, PC Gamer may accuse this title of being a "Mummification" of different FPS titles. That's what they said about Quake 4 when they reviewed it.

Played it last night some... about 45 minutes into the game.

So far.... nothing outrageously interesting, but a fun FPS. No bugs and controls/visuals are smooth.

If I was Raven, I'd go to someone else for publishing if possible.

Unfortunately though raven are owned by actvision and have spent the last few months working on call of duty black ops dlc :|

I am ****ing tired of this pseudo realistic military shooter bull**** (and by the way unlike most people here i was not a cod hater) so i'll definitely at least give this a rental even if only because it seems like something different for a change!

Unfortunately though raven are owned by actvision and have spent the last few months working on call of duty black ops dlc :|

I am ****ing tired of this pseudo realistic military shooter bull**** (and by the way unlike most people here i was not a cod hater) so i'll definitely at least give this a rental even if only because it seems like something different for a change!

Activision owns Raven Games? I though Activision just publishes their titles. That's just great. I'd like to hope that Activision doesn't run Raven to the ground, but I'm also not one to keep my hopes up.

Knowing the industry these days there'll be a new developer under EA soon enough.

That article makes it sound interesting however after watching a few gameplay videos I see the same things that have bothered me with almost every FPS in the last 5 years.
-Player moving too slow, even when he's supposed to be running.
-Wrong FOV, making you feel as if you're walking around with a pair of binoculars on.
-Weak sounds and bad particle effects on the weapons. Almost all Raven FPS games have this flaw.

The multiplayer looks like it could actually be fun as far as the Creatures vs Soldiers goes. Being able to possess enemies as a mutant tick could be interesting.

While unpolished and suffering some texture streaming problems on the PC I'm having fun with this.

-Wrong FOV, making you feel as if you're walking around with a pair of binoculars on.

Yeah, this "feature" has annoyed me to hell and back. What the **** are they thinking with when doing this? They seriously think it looks normal when the player character walks around with his ****ING EYEBALLS BULGING OUT FROM HIS SOCKETS!?

http://bigspace.celerity.co.uk/moviedeaths/grabs/total_recall-cohaagen-4.jpg

Probably the worst contender for this annoying arbitrary "feature" is Halo 2 on the PC. I seriously couldn't play for more than 30 minutes before getting a serious meltdown inside my ****ing brain.

/rant

Back