Sins of a Solar Empire!

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
...is almost here!
I almost expected it to get delayed just like every other game out there, but hey, it's the only one that likely didn't! Only 3 more days!
SHIT
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
:bounce:

Meh, I was dissappointed with the betas, I was hoping it'd be a bit more 4x, to me it really just feels like an RTS with a TINY icing of 4x-elements thrown ontop..

I'll just stick to Space Empires IV and V.

I got frustrated with the beta due to not having anyone to play multiplayer with, and with the tech trees being so overwhelming and complex.

Looking forward to the final release though :D

played some of the beta with a friend.. quite enjoyed the long drawn out empire building rts

Meh, I was dissappointed with the betas, I was hoping it'd be a bit more 4x, to me it really just feels like an RTS with a TINY icing of 4x-elements thrown ontop..

I'll just stick to Space Empires IV and V.

I liked SoaSE but what version of Space Empires is best 4 or 5? I don't fancy getting both.

back on SoSE, I'm excited by the modding potential. For example, this has been done just in the beta without the mod tools they're going to release with the game:

http://warlords.swrebellion.com/g2/main.php/v/Sins/beta/SSD-red.jpg.html
http://warlords.swrebellion.com/g2/main.php/v/Sins/beta/Scale.jpg.html

When did the happen? I swear I saw nothing about that on the official forums. That is impressive. Can't wait for a Star Trek/Wars mod.

I really want to play this game now. Still 2 more days left :(

Maybe this will be better than Supreme Commander. Not that hard, but still...

I liked SoaSE but what version of Space Empires is best 4 or 5? I don't fancy getting both.
I'd say you should buy IV Deluxe(Off Steam perhaps) if you only want one, IV Deluxe is the best, then I suggest you look up the following mods, "Fyron's Quadrant Mod", "TDM-Modpack" and "Carrier Battles"!

Be prepared though, the Space Empires games are quite a bit more detailed than GalCiv 1 and 2, lots of micromanagement etc.

Shit, forgot about this game.

An even more epic version of Homeworld. :D

Any word on a demo?!

I havent played the beta in ages, but I will definatly play it when it comes out Considerng I have preordered it a long time ago :D

We need to get a multiplayer game going on Tuesday or something.

Is the combat going to be properly 4d like Homeworld?

the game itself is 3d and ships move in the 3d space but you don't actually control them in 3d. I think this is a wise decision on their part since you're managing so much it's too much overhead to have to worry about your camera much.

That sucks. :|

Homeworld was simple enough to control, I don't see how a few political and economical additions can hinder the 3D control?

The game is ridiculously enormous. You're controlling hundreds or even thousands of ships across maps that can consist of a dozen stars and more than fifty planets, with each planet having its own individual civil and military infrastructure, and an over-arching empire to manage. As much as I loved the Z-axis in Homeworld, 3D controls would honestly be too much in a game this big.

I was considering checking this game out... now I'm just terrified of it.

Don't be, I believe that most of the micromanagement is taken care of. You just build things and order fleets around on a massive scale.

It comes out Tuesday.

I was considering checking this game out... now I'm just terrified of it.

Don't be. I was just giving an example of how big some games can be. If you want you can play a game with only two players and four or five planets, and then the game is even easier to manage. It's lots of fun.

I suppose it will just take practice.

The game is ridiculously enormous. You're controlling hundreds or even thousands of ships across maps that can consist of a dozen stars and more than fifty planets, with each planet having its own individual civil and military infrastructure, and an over-arching empire to manage. As much as I loved the Z-axis in Homeworld, 3D controls would honestly be too much in a game this big.

Oh, well in that case I guess it's a good thing.

I'll definitely grab the demo when it comes out.

Can you set up AI vs AI games in the Gold version of SOASE I wonder?:p

Sins of a Solar Empire. I remember reading about this and thinking it was cool recently... it's going to be on Steam, isn't it?

Sins of a Solar Empire. I remember reading about this and thinking it was cool recently... it's going to be on Steam, isn't it?

Unlikely, they have there own version of online distribution. Plus I don't think Gal Civ is on steam so I doubt SoaSE will be.

It will not appear on Steam for the obvious reason that Stardock runs their own distribution system. Then there's the less obvious reason that putting the game on Steam would add DRM to a DRM free game.

I'm really wondering if I should even bother trying to get this game. It sounds like one of those RTS games I get psyched about but never end up playing.

After talking with Stigmata, I might go ahead and buy this. I have 40 bucks I can spend... and GTA IV is still a ways off, so I can sell my body for sex to gain money when that nears release.

Back