**** Skyline!

WOW. First I've heard of this. Excellent trailer. Looks to be very watchable and entertaining even if the movie turns out to be kind of shitty.

Looks really good. Probably one of the first movies I'd like to see in theaters in a long time.

Good, I was waiting for another "independance Day" style movie. Hopefully this one will be more serious, and not so corny/campy. But even if it is, I'll probably still enjoy it.

looks awesome and reminds me of the novel I'm writing, but more down to earth

I've heard rumours that the aliens are large bipedal cyborgs.

Two things I love about this trailer:

1. The Alien weaponry depicted: NO PLASMA SHIT. At least from what I just saw. Looks like the aliens have almost near Earth tech (minus the spacecraft). It almost seems like they even have comparable missiles and flak weapons. By the way, their anti-aircraft flack weapon that explodes midair in a halo looks so awesome.

2. Screams District 9 to me and I loved that movie.

Looks like the aliens have almost near Earth tech (minus the spacecraft).

Yeah see now that's cool and all, but not realistic at all. It's virtually impossible that another civilisation out there happens to be at about the same tech level (with the exception of space travel), hoppens to be in our galaxy, and just so happens to pick a fight with us. Yeah... extremely realistic.

However if the "aliens" are explained as being from a parallel Universe, then it's more plausible...

As for your plasma weapons coment... you know what was a realistic advanced alien weapon? The nanite swarm cloud from the remake of "the Day the Earth Stood Still".

I don't think their on the same tech level as us, there in a higher tier than us, further down the evolutionary path of technology that is similar to ours.

Yeah see now that's cool and all, but not realistic at all. It's virtually impossible that another civilisation out there happens to be at about the same tech level (with the exception of space travel), hoppens to be in our galaxy, and just so happens to pick a fight with us. Yeah... extremely realistic.

However if the "aliens" are explained as being from a parallel Universe, then it's more plausible...

As for your plasma weapons coment... you know what was a realistic advanced alien weapon? The nanite swarm cloud from the remake of "the Day the Earth Stood Still".

How are kinetic and chemical-kinetic weapons not practical for aliens? I'd like to see a laser beat out even a .22 for doing damage. Missiles don't even need explanation: it's a missile.

How are kinetic and chemical-kinetic weapons not practical for aliens? I'd like to see a laser beat out even a .22 for doing damage. Missiles don't even need explanation: it's a missile.

This tbh.

Bullets put holes in people.
Lasers....burn?

I didn't say kinetic/balistic weapons aren't practical. Of course they are, that's why we use them. What I'm saying is they are extremely primitive and ineficient. Taking the nanobot swarm idea, in a hypotetical war with us all they would have to do is dump a miniscule payload containing nanobots, into our atmosphere, then just wait. The preprogramed nanobots would multiply, and consume only human life forms, leaving everything else intact. WAR OVER. Who needs lasers?

Yeah, I know, that wouldn't make an interesting movie, but it would be realistic.

Who gives a crap what kind of weapons or technology they have?
The key word is "fiction". As long as the movie is entertaining, they could use flying dildos with plasma casters attached to them for all i care. Quit over analyzing movies, ffs.

resources on a completely different planet and technological advancements would be vastly different regardless of evolutionary rate. either way this movies will probably be the best thing to come out since Inception I'm hoping and sci-fi is my newest favorite genre in Hollywood but its just finally getting the right recognition

I didn't say kinetic/balistic weapons aren't practical. Of course they are, that's why we use them. What I'm saying is they are extremely primitive and ineficient. Taking the nanobot swarm idea, in a hypotetical war with us all they would have to do is dump a miniscule payload containing nanobots, into our atmosphere, then just wait. The preprogramed nanobots would multiply, and consume only human life forms, leaving everything else intact. WAR OVER. Who needs lasers?

Yeah, I know, that wouldn't make an interesting movie, but it would be realistic.

Hmmm. I had never heard of that, but come to think of it that would be incredibly efficient at denuding a planet of life. Sort of like War of the Worlds in reverse.

Haha, okay.

Looks alright. I guarantee you the characters will be annoying dipshits, but it should be fun.

Haha, okay.

PROBLEM BADHAT?

slidersy.jpg

Looks alright. I guarantee you the characters will be annoying dipshits, but it should be fun.

That's already guaranteed, just by seeing Michelle Rodriguez in the trailer.

No, I just found it amusing that you thought it more 'plausible' to invoke multiple realities and the capability for trans-dimensional travel as an explanation for the alien's limited technology. :p

No, I just found it amusing that you thought it more 'plausible' to invoke multiple realities and the capability for trans-dimensional travel as an explanation for the alien's limited technology. :p

OK you got me on that one. If these hypotetical aliens from a parallel universe were at about the same tech level as us, they wouldn't be able to travel between universes in the first place.

Anyway... so when is this movie supposed to be released?

This film has the dumb alien intelligence from M. Night's "Signs" aswell as the over-the-top-3D-effects-with-no-character-development-whatsoever from Roland Emmerichs "2012". Now, add some cringeworthy, irritating characters in the blender, mix it, and you pretty much get Skyline out of it. In other words, this movie sucked. 2012 and Signs were bad enough separately. Unbelievably bad. But this time around, I can't seem to put any words for this cruel film. After the credits, you'll wish that the aliens would invade planet earth and exterminate every single life form as a punishment for what American Film Industry has brought us. That is all.

It looks pretty good.

The whole thing about kinetic weapons vs plasma or whatever comes down to a matter of application. Energy weapons like lasers are going to be your fastest weapons and require the most energy to equal other weapons in overall damage, however different armor types will be less effective vs them since whatever surface they hit will have an explosive increase in temperature. Plasma weapons have the same general effects and energy requirements (probably less) except they travel slower. Kinetic weapons require low amounts of energy (even in a rail gun format) and generate a lot of damage, however they are susceptible to various hardened armors and deflection.

The best weapons/energy resource would probably be radiation (gamma rays through anything = biological death) or chemical/biological. Howeveer, if they want to inhabit a location, they'd probably not want to irradiate or chemically compromise the ladnscape.

Anyways yeah, movie looks prettty good.

Why is the chick from Lost everywhere these days? She's a shitty actress.

This film has the dumb alien intelligence from M. Night's "Signs" aswell as the over-the-top-3D-effects-with-no-character-development-whatsoever from Roland Emmerichs "2012". Now, add some cringeworthy, irritating characters in the blender, mix it, and you pretty much get Skyline out of it. In other words, this movie sucked. 2012 and Signs were bad enough separately. Unbelievably bad. But this time around, I can't seem to put any words for this cruel film. After the credits, you'll wish that the aliens would invade planet earth and exterminate every single life form as a punishment for what American Film Industry has brought us. That is all.

This is a thread about Battle: Los Angeles, not Shitstreakline.

Why is the chick from Lost everywhere these days? She's a shitty actress.

You do know Michelle Rodriguez has been doing more movies than most aged under 35 actors in Lost.

Although saying that, not very good movies. But more movies none the less.

it still looks amazing and I'm a sucker for sci fi CGI when done right

This is the first time I've been legitimately excited for a movie in years.

Back