Slave drive issue, EVGA Nforce 790i PCI-e/SLI board

McGooTheWise

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 500 gb hard drive from Best Buy. It's a Western Digital, and it's a Sata. I have it hooked up perfectly, and Device manager has found it, but I cannot write anything to it, or see the disk its self. I have recognized the problem, as I am running a Windows 7 XP upgrade, and my motherboard doesn't seem to be compatible with Windows 7, so I cannot install the hard-disk drives from the drivers disk. What I'm wondering is if any of you know where I can find the drivers and download them, if that will work, or if I should revert back to windows XP, install the drivers, and come back to windows 7. The only problem with the latter option is that I am aware that not all of the available space on my original hard-drive is available to me after the upgrade to windows 7. Some 27 gb or so don't show up as part of the disk, and the entire reason I got this extra drive was to compensate for that.

Also, if there is an alternative motherboard I can get that is compatible with Windows 7, and is not a downgrade from my current board, that would be fine. I've just spent the last week or so trying to get our new family entertainment center together with troubleshooting errors, a faulty LCD T.V. that turned pink every other time it turned on, and 3 junky Stereo systems that cost an arm and a leg that we took back, and I'm really just not in the mood to deal with this hard drive issue. So any advice, or help would be appreciated.

Start.
Type "Comp"
Select Computer Management.
Click Disk Management from the list on the left.
Find disk in list in main window.
Partition/set active etc as required.

When I get to the menu after typing in COMP all I see is an option for windows 7, and Windows Memory Diagnostic. There is nothing about a disk.

Right click computer then click Manage and then go to "Disk Management".

Ah... Well that was stupidly simple. Thank you. lol

Had no idea that was there.

Back