smashmyxbox.com

"opens at 12am on the launch date. We will purchase the Xbox 360, and destroy it in front of the other Xbox fanboys who are already waiting in line"

:LOL:

Heh, gave me a bit of a giggle, but I couldn't help feeling that it was a little bit pathetic of them.

Sounded like fun. The vid could've been better though.

Apparantly these guys are making money from these ventures. For the XBox 360 they received over $400 in donations to do it, they then only bought a core XBox 360 system which retails at $299 so they've basically made a $100 just for smashing up an XBox 360.

that was awesome.....people are so ****ing obsessed with material things this time of year, I'm glad to see someone destroy that useless machine. It pleases me.

Solaris said:
:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:
Ey? Ey?

He must mean the force feedback function on his controller.

I loved the random guy after they'd smashed it asking :"Can I have your controller?" :LOL:

that's a pretty silly thing to do, if they actually wanted to make a statement they should have given it to a poor family for the holidays

generous people FTW

The premise is ****in' great, but there was a distinct lack of angry fanboys in the video...

jondy said:
The premise is ****in' great, but there was a distinct lack of angry fanboys in the video...

yeah I thought that. all that trouble just for a hand full of people to look on thinking "wtf"

Ben Esposito said:
that's a pretty silly thing to do, if they actually wanted to make a statement they should have given it to a poor family for the holidays

generous people FTW

How would the poor family afford games for it :| and what if they didnt have a TV :|

craig said:
yeah I thought that. all that trouble just for a hand full of people to look on thinking "wtf"

Yeah. It would have been a lot better if they did it by more people. Still kind of funny, though.

"Can I have your controller at least?" :LOL:

funny idea, but the video wasnt funny at all.

(franz ferdinand is cool though)

Da-Muffin-Man said:
How would the poor family afford games for it :| and what if they didnt have a TV :|

lol all poor families have TVs. It's a fact.

Ben Esposito said:

generous people FTW
I think it was more for the hillarity factor.

And also I doubt Xbox360 is on priority for items needed by a poor family. LOL

edit: Video was lame. They were supposed to do it in front of like an entire waiting line that gets all offended. Not in front of 4 people in the parking lot who dont even care.

RakuraiTenjin said:
I think it was more for the hillarity factor.

And also I doubt Xbox360 is on priority for items needed by a poor family. LOL
Tbfh it would make your day if you could only afford a f***g carrot to give to your kids for chrismas, and maybe a snakes a ladders board, and then some guy comes along and gives you a xbox360 to give to your kids. It would make there christmas, and you'd be really happy, instead of the kids asking for something, and its breaking your heart that you can't get it them . :(

Solaris said:
Tbfh it would make your day if you could only afford a f***g carrot to give to your kids for chrismas, and maybe a snakes a ladders board, and then some guy comes along and gives you a xbox360 to give to your kids. It would make there christmas, and you'd be really happy, instead of the cards asking for something, and its breaking your heart that you can't get it them . :(
Yeah I'd probably hope my dad would pawn it so we can afford heat over the winter. Kinda got my priorities set towards more important things...

Better than that - Give a poor family a 360 who don't have a TV or any electricity!

RakuraiTenjin said:
Yeah I'd probably hope my dad would pawn it so we can afford heat over the winter. Kinda got my priorities set towards more important things...
Well anyways, there are alot of poor decent folk in america, who can't afford much for there kids, so giving them an Xbox 360 would be really kind.

Solaris said:
Well anyways, there are alot of poor decent folk in america, who can't afford much for there kids, so giving them an Xbox 360 would be really kind.
YEah that'd be cool and considering how gay the movie turned out that'd have been cooler.

If the video had been entertaining for me I'd rather them have still smashed it. A little selfishness for the win

N.P.C. said:
Better than that - Give a poor family a 360 who don't have a TV or any electricity!
Yes yes! Holiday spirit ftw, give your xbox 360 to a guy living in a cardboard box. :p

Uh how about stupid? If they wanted to make a statement, they should form an anti-Xbox paramilitary terrorist force and hit Microsoft headquarters and kidnap their VIPs whicle discovering a vast conspiracy involving the secret societies that control the world.

Yeah video sucked.. those guys didn't give a shit around them.

DreadLord1337 said:
Yeah video sucked.. those guys didn't give a shit around them.
What would have been better is if they got a lot more donations and bought all the Xbox 360s at some place, then took them out front and in front of the 200 people in line who couldn't get one, destroy every single Xbox.

that would be funny. although mean.

DeusExMachinia said:
Uh how about stupid? If they wanted to make a statement, they should form an anti-Xbox paramilitary terrorist force and hit Microsoft headquarters and kidnap their VIPs whicle discovering a vast conspiracy involving the secret societies that control the world.
Again, I think it was more about great entertainment value by making people pissy who were waiting for an xbox by destroying one right in front of them.

Except they failed by doing it in front of 4 people who didn't even care.

and we all know Google runs the world not Microsoft geeze get a clue.

that is way better, at least they actually had a plan and got fanboys in the picture =\

EDIT- oh btw nat, where is ur sig from?

They aren't making a statement, this is why they did it:
This is only a social experiment, for the entertainment of the donors, and visitors of this site.

I would have done it in a minute if I thought of it first.

Muffin Man said:
that is way better, at least they actually had a plan and got fanboys in the picture =\

EDIT- oh btw nat, where is ur sig from?

My new one or old one? My old sig was from some ridiculous essay I had to read for writing class. My new one is just Bush being Bush.

Back