• Leopold Fitz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jemma Simmons

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Ikagara

Vortigaunt
Reaction score
So, I have been watching Agents of SHIELD and just watched Captain America 2. If you haven't seen either and you are interested. watch the SHIELD tv show up to episode 16, then watch the movie, then continue with the tv show.

Now for those who have watched them, and are up to date, or don't care about spoiling everything.

So that happen. Looks like the agency is disbanded and it puts the tv show in a very interesting and intense position. Hopefully this will bring back fans who dropped off SHIELD, they where planning this from the beginning of the show.
Later stumbling around on the net i found this article (and others citing this one) http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/04/06/captain-america-agents-of-shield-tv-series/7313369/ in the article, it confirms that there will be "at least one major betrayal". I can only assume that they mean that one of the team is a hydra member, or working for them in some way since May is already in deep trouble. So then the question is, who is the one who will betray the team, working with hydra?
The poll question is: What team member is the major betrayal?
Dont vote if the episode airs and you know the answer :x

Heres my theory, assuming that a member is working with hydra in some way from least likely to most. Phil Coulson is obviously out, he is the one who is going to have to deal with the betrayal. Melinda May is the least likely, even though the show so far has put her in an extremely awkward position, we know that she is not reporting to hydra(or the clairvoyant, same thing) but instead reporting to Nick Fury, or someone reporting to him. Skye, well she is not a agent of shield, until episode 16 and I feel that her backstory, being the 804, helps her case. Grant Ward is made to seem the second most likely candidate of being the traitor behind May, and he may be it, but i hesitate to make him the most likly assuming May is not it. The reason why he is even a suspect is because he pulled the trigger on what they thought was the clairvoyant. I don't believe he was ordered to do so, but was manipulated using his attachment to skye. This leaves Fitz and simmons. Throughout the series, i have always saw them as a single character split in to 2 people but we can only pick one. What makes me think its one of them is that they are the least suspecting to be the traitor, however fitz i don't think is the one. Jemma Simmons with her behavior in recent episodes has me worried. ever since Tahiti she has been putting too much pressure on getting back to HQ and run analysis on the blood, and in episode 16 it seems convenient that she is ordered back, allowing her to do the tests she wanted to do, and the clairvoyant said that he now knew how he did it.

maybe I'm paranoid and I'm completely off. or maybe the traitor doesn't have to do with hydra.

I've seen the film, and it's great. After finding out what happens, I was actually curious to find out how, if at all, it would affect the TV show. I'm glad to see this kind of linked internal consistency for two totally different products both out there around the same time, it doesn't happen all that often.

However, I never really wanted to get into Agents of SHIELD, I saw a large chunk of the first episode and it just seemed really dumb and weak in comparison to the much higher quality films it's supposed to be supporting.

the beginning of the tv show was a bit meh at times, but the last few episodes have gotten really interesting when they get in to learning how exactly coulson "survived", and seeing how the show ties in to Captain America really made it worth it if it wasn't starting out.

There is also that blue alien (maybe its a kree) in an unmarked lab that no one (shield or hydra) knows anything about.

I've been a Marvel fanboy since age 4, but I couldn't bring myself to continue watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. after episode 3. It wasn't that it was bad, exactly. It just seemed so inane compared to the original comics and the movies. I haven't seen the new Captain America movie yet (because I live in a city with no cinema), but I am distinctly looking forward to it.

Even with such a glowing recommendation, though, I'm not sure I can commit myself to watching the show again. However, I will now consider it.

The show has gotten progressively better since the pilot episode, but is it the next Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad? Probably not, if you love the movies, I say give it a shot (even if /co/ absolutely hates the show). I haven't watched Cap2 but I really want to see that movie (CA:TWS and Guardians of the Galaxy are my two most anticipated movies of the year), so I don't know what happens in that story arc of Phase Two - but a theory is that SHIELD has been infiltrated by HYDRA (leading up to Avengers Age of Ultron with Baron Von Strucker).

Yup, just watched the latest episode. everything is turned upside down.

DAMNIT WARD AND GARRETT HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US!? I still have my suspisions about Simmons, idk why, but something in my cant trust her.

The show has compleatly turned around leading up to cap2, and definatly after with how the movie has effected the shield agency. I wasn't impressed ether with the start of the show, but Im glad I stuck though it now. Poor Coulson....

Avoided the new episode before watching the movie, saw the movie today. Absolutely loved it, by far my (new) favorite comic comic book movie yet. Marvel domination with GOTG, Avengers AOU, Antman movie, a few tv series (including a netflix series) in the works and a Dr Strange movie. Phase 2 has kinda been a little disappointing but Cap TWS changes every thing, really ups the ante.

I wonder if Project Insight (which is about seeing the future) has something to do with the "real" clairvoyant, really excited to see Maria Hill and Director Fury in the next episodes. I wonder how Stark feels now that his repulsor tech is now used by HYDRA.

I think Ward will have second thoughts about joining HYDRA though, especially since he is in love with Skye and looks up to Coulson alot.

I wish i could nest spoiler tags.
I wonder how Stark feels now that his repulsor tech is now used by HYDRA.
Technology eventually makes it to others eventaly, it was a mater of time. as for how he feels, i imagin he would be pissed since it was used to make a flying death sniper fortress of absolute doom.
I think Ward will have second thoughts about joining HYDRA though, especially since he is in love with Skye and looks up to Coulson alot.
There are 3 thoeris regarding wards actions.
1) He is a hydra sleeper.
2) hes following his SO, because of who he is to him.
3) Hes doing this to protect skye somehow.

Just imagine how coulson would feel once he got word that ward did this though, regardless of intention. everything he trusted and looked up to, is a lie, except skye. Shes the only thing coulson has left to belief in.

Phase 2 has kinda been a little disappointing but Cap TWS changes every thing, really ups the ante.

Phase 2 has been more consistent so far than Phase 1, it's 2 for 2 with Ironman 3 and TWS. The First Avenger and Incredible Hulk were let-downs.

There are 3 thoeris regarding wards actions.
1) He is a hydra sleeper.
2) hes following his SO, because of who he is to him.
3) Hes doing this to protect skye somehow.

People are that dumb? Ward is Hydra, end of. He may have some personal conflict about it, but that's all.

I like the contrast this show has got from the first episodes to now. In the beginning it was full of corny jokes, which sometimes was too much i think, but there's absolutely no more jokes.
People are that dumb? Ward is Hydra, end of. He may have some personal conflict about it, but that's all.

It may just be people with wishful thinking who really like(ed) ward, hoping he still has some good in him.

So do you think the show will get another season? and if so, what will its new name be?

As I thought, Skye almost certainly
an Inhuman

Good finale. Quite a Joss-esque scene for Garrett near the end there.

Back