So, guys. I'm being stalked.

Stylo

The Freeman
Reaction score
E-Stalked to be precise. Although this person has been in the same room as me before, he is literally a stranger to me and I have no idea who he is.

As some of you may know I play in a rock band. As most of you will also know, my band is not internationally acclaimed or anything (you'd bloody well know it if I was famous and shit). 2 years ago myself and my band of merry men played a gig at a venue and that. Some dude decided he was going to send us daily abuse about how shit he thought we were and about how much of a f*ggot I am etc.

After we did the gig and went down really well, that was the last we heard of it. But last month, this same dude resurfaced out of nowhere, having found me on Twitter and continued what he started 2 years ago. I mean, like... 2 years, guys. Anyways, after Tweeting at me and my band several times per day and being blocked by us both, this dude has now started creating multiple Facebook accounts just to get around the blocks etc.

Basically, I am being followed all over the internet by this one strange young man who has a lot of time on his hands. So ValveLife2.Net ... What do? He has recently started posting made up stuff about me but the worrying thing is, he's also posted stuff like where my parents live.

Frankly, I'm baffled this person is interested in me as thus far, I'm pretty much an average member of society. I'm known for the band stuff a bit in some areas but it doesn't class as fame in any way despite this person's apparent complete obsession with little old me and my unsigned band.

I have been ignoring it but it's getting slightly hard when said person has so much free time to spend on me that they create E-Mail accounts with the sole purpose of messaging me and my band with very odd things. The guitarist in my band is really irked about it.

TL;DR - How long before I get shot because I'm a phony?

Yeah I'm pretty sure you can be arrested for that in the UK. Call the police.

See, I have thought about that but I get the feeling I will be laughed off the phone / out of the station. Also, said stalker laughed when my friends suggested reporting him to the Police and then subsequently told me to report him because "I'm sure they're not interested in you."

I don't usually make mountains out of molehills about this sorta thing, we all get abuse and people that don't like us sometimes, just this is unlike anything I've ever witnessed. Fortunately my brother works for a law firm and he's quite savvy with his knowledge of the law so I've asked him if there's anything to it.

I have this weird feeling like it's actually a serious thing but other people won't see it that way.

Well, I know his name, where he's from and his actual accounts as opposed to the multiple fake ones he has. I did take the liberty of taking a few screenshots once it became a daily thing. Stuff like posting my parents' hometown, asking when my band are next playing because he "wants to see us" etc.

I just can't get my head around why me, considering I've also seen him abusing celebrities who obviously ignore him. Although those are few and far between. He messaged my band 3 times within the same hour at one point.

I'm a complete non-issue compared to those people but for some reason he takes a serious chunk of time out of his day solely to post defamation about my band and abuse to me, despite the fact we're not signed to a major label and have a cult following at best.

If you're gonna file a police report, do so sooner rather than later. In situations like these, victims can be prone to act rashly once they've reached a certain point of frustration, and respond with talk that, in the eyes of the law, could count as illegal threats. A girl I (somewhat) knew were subject to e-mail harassment almost daily from some stalker creep, and at one point her friends wrote back to the dude and told him they would break his spine if he didn't stop. Needless to say, they were reluctant to go to the police after that point, as what they had written would also come up in the investigation, and be liable for prosecution.

Moral of the story: call the cops before you yourself put yourself at risk for legal action!

If you're gonna file a police report, do so sooner rather than later. In situations like these, victims can be prone to act rashly once they've reached a certain point of frustration, and respond with talk that, in the eyes of the law, could count as illegal threats. A girl I (somewhat) knew were subject to e-mail harassment almost daily from some stalker creep, and at one point her friends wrote back to the dude and told him they would break his spine if he didn't stop. Needless to say, they were reluctant to go to the police after that point, as what they had written would also come up in the investigation, and be liable for prosecution.

Moral of the story: call the cops before you yourself put yourself at risk for legal action!
This is a good point. Most of my mates have been laughing it off but a couple have directly asked the guy what exactly is his point / motive. Fortunately none of them have said anything silly and I did tell everyone not to send any abuse on my behalf. I can only assume that giving the bloke massive amounts of attention would only serve to validate what he's doing in his mind.

I do know a couple of local rozzers myself so I'm gonna have a word with them and see if anything could be potentially done about it.

The police have to investigate any reports, whether they think it's pointless or not. Even if they start half assed looking into it, I assume they'll find all sorts on him by what you've told us. Who knows, the guy might not have any balls and back down as soon as the coppers warn him off.

If they don't investigate it and it gets out of hand and, gods forbid, something serious happens to you or your band, then the police have some major problems by not pursuing it and getting caught out. I had an issue with a neighbour a few months ago where I was being threatened with all sorts of 'action' all because of a simple misunderstanding that occurred when I wasn't even around (but I got the shit). Even though I didn't believe any of the crap I was hit with, I reported it anyway as my kids were around at the time and I didn't like the way they were exposed to arsewipes like that. The police, even though they thought it was a wind up, did their job and investigated and sorted it. They can't really afford to take the chance that the threats are false.

Hope you get it sorted out though!

hey mate! tell the police as soon as I would! this doesnt sound like a normal person (no shit some maight say! lol).... but best to try the police ino

Don't want a "Stylo was murdered" thread popping up. Contact the police if you're concerned about it.

No, they'd just harass him back. What we would do is nothing. Absolutely nothing, and then the guy would get bored and stop for awhile, and we'd look like hero's to Stylo and he'd write a song in our honor. But now you had to go and ruin that by making me explain it. You're why we can't have nice things. I wanted a song damnit.

Tweeting is a great word. Also, ValveTime is not your personal army... or something...

Give me a ride to your place,and just show me where he's at(not if you are in the balkans,cuz probably we'll die aswell)
After that,give me a ride back home,and your troubles will be gone :D

Well, I now have a gig booking in the making where this guy lives. Supporting the one and only Electric Six, of all bands.

I'll wear a bullet-proof vest but I'm not sure if he'd pay the £12.50 advance ticket price to murder me on-stage. We'll see.

Congratulations on getting a cool supporting gig. Don't die!

Well, if it comes down to it, you can murder him back.

Wait, why does George look so not like George?

Arrested for that in the UK? WOW. Talk about police state.

Just to be clear, I couldn't care less if someone doesn't like me or my band. It's the constant, unsolicited contact that bothers me. I get that people would be all like " Oh, you're being insulted, get over it, getting the cops for that, lame etc."

It's not that my feelings are being hurt or that I don't respect people's "freedom of speech" or whatever. If you're going to start a band and actually perform around your Country / Nation, you realise that someone, somewhere won't like you and will probably tell you that.

The thing is that for the past couple of months I've had to deal with an individual abusively contacting me in one form or another pretty much daily. If you were in the same situation, I'm fairly sure you'd get to a point at which you wanted something done about it. Especially when said person making contact talks about turning up in person to be near you. If this guy managed to get my phone number, he'd probably be ringing that as well.

It's f*cking annoying and to be honest, I don't think that I should be stopped from using Social Networking sites to promote my band and share experiences with other people purely because one complete stranger and assbag that I've never met nor contacted by any other means, for some reason I don't quite understand, has decided that I'm worth spending hours on finding ways to harass.

He may have a right to express his shitty opinions and I'm all for that, despite that they're all baseless, but I don't think that extends to taking away my right to regularly use the internet like anyone else can without being barraged with messages several paragraphs long that I don't even read, having to keep blocking and deleting accounts and removing unconstructive, defamatory content from wherever my band has a presence.

If I were signed to a record label or something, I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem as such individuals would be lost within a sea of other content anyway and I'd leave it to the opposing sides to pointlessly argue with each other about the merits of my work, whatever they think of that.

As it stands, I'm an average member of society, passionate about what I do and serious about taking it somewhere. My gigging prospects have recently taken an awesome turn, but I'm still nowhere near making it my full-time job.

As said average person, I feel pretty powerless to stop my wonderfully psychotic follower. Facebook and Twitter have report functions that get lost within millions and they don't really give a shit anyway. So it comes down to me having to spend my time dealing with it, which I could be spending doing far more productive things.

Take advantage of this. 'Member of small-time band raped and left for dead with 40% of skin peeled off!'

You'll get tons of publicity!

so you have no clue who the person is? or any idea where they stay or their real name IRL? You should just pay them a visit and handle the problem.

so you have no clue who the person is? or any idea where they stay or their real name IRL? You should just pay them a visit and handle the problem.
Know their name, know the city in which they live but not their address but that's only from the messages they've sent etc. Apart from that, never met them or contacted them (never responded to any of their rubbish) in any way.

As much as I have the option of saying "If you ever come near me I will smash your face in" or something similar, that's probably not wise because then that would incriminate me and I'd be pretty much encouraging him. Plus, violence doesn't come high in my priorities for problem solving and I'd hate to become the antagonist.

I don't see how. Unless he wants this to continue on forever. I never explicitly said for him to kill the guy or anything.
I like how you had to qualify it as you never explicitly said he should murder someone. Its also funny how you jumped straight to killing, when most of us probably assumed you just were implying a measure of non-lethal violence. But nope, clearly you were simply implying he kill the guy.

But its ok, its not like you explicitly said it, so its not like you're a borderline psychopath. Even with all your other posts you've made in the past about how you gotta kick people's ass all over Arizona to get justice, I just dont see a way for anybody to misinterpret you as being a violent vigilante-type personality.

I like how you had to qualify it as you never explicitly said he should murder someone. Its also funny how you jumped straight to killing, when most of us probably assumed you just were implying a measure of non-lethal violence. But nope, clearly you were simply implying he kill the guy.

But its ok, its not like you explicitly said it, so its not like you're a borderline psychopath. Even with all your other posts you've made in the past about how you gotta kick people's ass all over Arizona to get justice, I just dont see a way for anybody to misinterpret you as being a violent vigilante-type personality.
its a euphemism it doesn't have to mean literally murder the person. When you tell a little brother you're gonna kill 'em does it mean you're going to put him into an early grave? nah. I dont worry about justice so much as protecting my own. I dont think anybody who knows me would ever say vigilante :LOL:

Back