So I was playing Civ4 the other day....

dream431ca

Reaction score
And Greece and Germany both declared war on me at the same time. Am I a bad person?

I haven't touched Civ 4 since the initial release. I have the collectors edition and everything too.

Are the latest expansions really fun?

Warlords sucks, but BTS is great. It's that simple really, most of the warlords content is included in BTS.

I bought the Civ4 pack off Steam and certainly have not regretted it. If other civs declare war on you at the same time it's probably a result of a negotiation between themselves (although I'm not sure if this is coded into the AI or not), a defensive pact or because one is a vassal of the other. The last one is a feature of BTS, but BTS also really adds a lot more from what I can tell (espionage, etc).

I always loved when world wars broke out in those games, usually due to entangling alliances. It would usually end up being a 3v3 or 3v2 war.

I know its really nooby, but I never got passed the learning curve of the civ games, I keep giving it a go, and then get pissed off when I get beaten down by the AI. I really wanna play it aswell, seems like such an awsome game.

Anybody know any good online guides for it?

Just go to the civfanatics forum. I learned a lot there, but it is hard not to go back and retry a lot of rounds.

I haven't touched Civ 4 since the initial release. I have the collectors edition and everything too.

Are the latest expansions really fun?

Get the expansions and try it out...they add a lot. It's still best when played with real people though. AI cheats. Or something.

I gave up on the AI when I declared war on a civ right next to me in the beginning stages. I think I had 3 Warriors. One single Warrior in Japan managed to kill all 3 troops. It was ridiculous :(

The battle probabilities can be messed up tbh. I don't expect to lose battles that are 90% in my favour 3 times in a round :|

I was a Civ virgin a month ago - well happy with my purchase of the Civ 4 pack, but it's just a matter of finding the time to play it. I also wish it was just a little more historical, although to be fair I haven't dabbled with many of the scenarios yet.

Back