So, is there any way to save Lazlo? Even with cheating?

Reaction score
Unfortunately, due to a bad stick of RAM, my gaming computer is down and out for the count until I can get it warrantied, leaving me with my laptop in the interim, which is unsuitable for half-living. So I can't find the answer to this question out myself at the moment...

Is there ANY way to prevent Lazlo from dying? Perhaps by noclipping above the scene and spawning some Barneys, Grigoris, or Alyxs armed with shotguns in a semicircle around the 'greatest mind of our generation' in hopes that they'll kill the antlions before they can gut him? Or would he die anyway, even if untouched my antlion fore-spines?

Anyone tried something like this?

I think he is meant to die.I used the SMG explosives and killed EVERY Antlion spawned before they even touched him.then suddenly he just "dies",Dont know how but he just dies sudddenly.

I think he is meant to die.I used the SMG explosives and killed EVERY Antlion spawned before they even touched him.then suddenly he just "dies",Dont know how but he just dies sudddenly.

haha im pretty sure you killed him

I think he goes into a death animation as opposed to actually being killed by the antlions, but I could be wrong.

He is intentionally set to die miliseconds after the antlions spawn, even if they dont have enough time to actually harm him.

Mine was the Xbox version.

The old Xbox, alot of difference from the Compy version. He got grabbed underground.

ahhhh.... see i do almost all my gaming on pc so i didnt know... my girlfriend has halflife for playstation 2 and when i heard that i go, OMG!!!

I slowed down time killed every antlion and he died must have been a heart attack.

Lazlo always dies, same with the prisoners in that building outside the Nexus. You kill the guard, no matter how fast, the rebel inside will always die.

^

*flies in with superhero cape
Those rebels are to provide reinforcements for the combine fight outside the nexus. If you have a full complement of rebels, then all the ones in that building will be dead when you get there. If you lost a bunch to the suppression device, then there will be live ones to join you in that building.

well... I think that's how it is. Could be wrong after all.
*flies off

^

*flies in with superhero cape
Those rebels are to provide reinforcements for the combine fight outside the nexus. If you have a full complement of rebels, then all the ones in that building will be dead when you get there. If you lost a bunch to the suppression device, then there will be live ones to join you in that building.

well... I think that's how it is. Could be wrong after all.
*flies off

what on earth are you talking about

I think there might be another guy who can't be saved in the Overwatch Nexus Shortly before you enter the actual building you pass through a sort of guardhouse in which a citizen is kept behind bars, I'm sure I stormed the place a dozen time, trying to down all the Combine before they had a chance to shoot him, but then I noticed he simply dies as you're coming into the room.

It's a rough life for a Resistance member on occupied Earth.

Let's not forget good old Chuck who holds the door on the Combine as you race towards the roof-tops.
"Go on Dr.Freeman! Head to the rooftops!"

Chuck? Is that his actual name? Did you get that from a sound file or something?

Chuck? Is that his actual name? Did you get that from a sound file or something?

No, but I called him Chuck when I first saw him. He kept holding back the door ordering me to run on, but I just sat down by him and started having a conversation.

Apparently, before the portal opening, he worked as a Financial Director for Ben N Jerry's Ice Cream.
Good guy.

Shame about the death.

Screw Lazlo, Smithers is clearly the greatest mind of our generation.

Spent ages attempting to save him. Reload after reload. It's scripted, trust me. Was another prisoner I attempted to save, and I know you can do it, but I didn't have enough explosives to save her.

Spent ages attempting to save him. Reload after reload. It's scripted, trust me. Was another prisoner I attempted to save, and I know you can do it, but I didn't have enough explosives to save her.

Well usually when there are AR2s on the wall racks it means that a new rebel is about to join you....

It was just after you come out of the bunker in front of the museum/nexus. You rush across to the door, it opens and they run out at you.

There were plenty of weapons on the walls. Just didn't have enough firepower :(

I know which one your talking about but I'm pretty sure I was able to save him on my first play through, mainly because I wondered why every time I went in there after in subsequent playthroughs the guy was already dead.

I like to believe Smithers is still in the ruins of post-nuclear holocaust Black Mesa, hidden atop the generator in the silo.
In HL3 we will return to the ruins of Black Mesa and discover a mutated super-Smithers who is, ironicly, completly blind and tracks you by sound all the while shouting
"IAMMA Not lEAviN MAH HidIN plACe"

LOL... damn lazlo thing has been buging me for ages. What was it all about!

Lazlo dying is a scripted sequence activated by a trigger, the trick is therefore to get through without activating the trigger. noclip + notarget should stop it activating.

But then you don't get to kill the antlions :(

Back