So, you're not enjoying L4D2...

Reaction score
First of all let me say i owned both the PC version and the 360 version of L4D, i loved every minute of it, nothing else was played on my Xbox for over 6 months, the game was just sublime to me.

The problem i have is that i'm not enjoying L4D2. It's not that it's a bad game, it's probably just as good as the first game but i'm having a really hard time finishing any campaign on Expert.

It's not that i'm not good enough, when you play L4D for 6 months straight you pretty much have all the skills necessary to play L4D2 but i'm finding a lack of good players to play with a massive setback.

I know that a load of people are going to wade in with "OMG buy t3h 4 pack for yuor buddies" but the thing is i don't really have many real life friends that would want to play it. The Xbox live system is rubbish and i'm sick of getting matched to American games (no offense, just high ping and disconnections frustrate me).

There are so few expert games it frequently gets me to make my own lobby, and then there's team killers / 6 year olds / rubbish players that were all present in the original game, but are somehow more of an annoyance in this game and i find that the difficulty of expert is harder compared to the original, making it even more of a frustration.

I have loads of Xbox live friends, but they're all playing MW2, i added a load of players from HL2.net but they never seem to be online or are more interested in playing geometry wars on XBLA.

So i guess my question is, should i give up on L4D2? I don't enjoy it as it is because of all of the above, should i sell my soul and go and play MW2, or should i try the PC version?

Bad times, i wanted to like this game so much :angel:

The problem is (like everyone before me stated) that you play on Xbox live.

You see, this is a typical console player:
homo_erectus2.jpg

While this is what a Pc gamer looks like:
portrait-gentleman-bw.jpg

You disagree that i dislike playing L4D2? That's an odd position to take...

:|

You knew what I meant. Actually I was being a bit harsh, the game on Xbox is still good. But as you say the players can ruin it. My friend has it on the 360 but luckily he has a regular group of friends that he plays it with so still gets on quite well.

homo_erectus2.jpg

portrait-gentleman-bw.jpg
That's not fair. Console gamers don't have the necessary skills to fashion sticks into spears.

*well, we already saw the pic... snipped it out...*

*ditto*
Hahaha, you had me lol quite loud!

OK, back to the main topic. While I don't have any experience playing L4D2 (don't own it yet), the fun I have playing L4D is, frankly, dwindling. The number of experienced players grows, and unfortunately, so does the number of inexperienced, new players. Or so it seems... Maybe I should start refraining from playing pub games?

Anyway, that's when looking at Versus, which of course differs from normal campaign play.

One of the reasons I never got L4D2 to is because its basically L4D at its heart and I barely play the first L4D as is.

Being basically L4D I am making the assumption L4D2 is at its heart a good game but as fun as L4D was it doesn't have the lifespan of other games.

I just got L4D2 on Xbox today and I love it. Haven't done the MP, but I can't believe how good it is. It definitely wouldn't have been as awesome without some of the weapons (melee stuff, and the godly AK-47).

Def. better then MW2.

The above.

Valve should show IW how its done for connectivity. Its certainly worlds better then the original L4D before matchmaking came in.

at least Valve was man enough not to attempt the PS3's crazy coding issues and make a crappy port

Is that really the best zinger you could think of?

Well, guess who's now got MW2 to play for the Xbox?

I'm not giving up on L4D2, i have a new mouse coming and then i might even build a new PC to game on my Plasma.

I started L4D2 (PC) a couple weeks ago and love the game. Never played L4D (1), but just bought it on the steam-holiday-sale.

Expert is hard as shit, I think it's supposed to be that way, I look at it as a challenge. The hard part though is getting a team that's good enough. When I notice skilled & fun players, I add them to my friends list.

So far two expert games sucessfully completed (with me dying at the end). Since I'm still new, I'm learning the strategy and teamwork, but it feels good to be a killing machine (especailly with the sniper).

I'm rambling, but yes, I love the game. I think complaining about the hardest difficulty setting being hard is a little silly. Unless it's simply impossible (Which it's not).

...I'm rambling, but yes, I love the game. I think complaining about the hardest difficulty setting being hard is a little silly. Unless it's simply impossible (Which it's not).

What? Did you read my post at all? :LOL:

I'm not complaining that the game is too hard, i beat the original on all expert campaigns on both pc and 360, the original was too easy. My main complaint is that the quality of connections is now so poor, and the people you have to play with are morons and there is no way to punish the people that play like idiots.

My copy finally came a few days ago and I'm loving every minute of it. It's like the original but better in basically every conceivable way.

Just beaten the first campaign on Hard, singleplayer.

Jesus that was tough. First time playing through and I chose Hard, which was a mistake haha. Didnt know where I was going, what I was doing in each area etc. I mean 'collect the coke bottles' kind of made me step back in confusion. Wasnt expecting it considering the objectives in the previous games.

Though alot of things are different from the first that make me surprised. Didnt look into any of the new zombies that had been added, so practically jumped out of my chair when the charger first took me. And wtf is with the jockey!? Its like having the Joker on your back with all that laughing.

Enjoying the melee weapons, if ridiculously overpowered. 'Oh no here comes a line of horde spawning into the corridor...samurai sword and click as fast as I can'.

Looking forward to the other campaigns. They seem longer somehow as well.

And its about time we had proper dismemberment and gore. More satisfying.

Back