Solftware engineering

AceofSpades

Headcrab
Reaction score
Hello I was curious about me submitting an application for Solftware engineering. The question was after I gain my experibce to meet he requirements in trying to think what if possibly do working at valve. Would I get involved with map design, animation, supporting with others in projects for games. As we all know valve has "wheels" on their desks.

YA7uCHg.jpg

Aside from game development stuff, there's also all the aspects of Steam that needs engineering/maintenance - store, community, support, infrastructure. Also there's VAC. Internal tools like data analysis. Game tools. Business tools.

Last edited:
Aside from game development stuff, there's also all the aspects of Steam that needs engineering/maintenance - store, community, support, infrastructure. Also there's VAC. Internal tools like data analysis. Game tools. Business tools.

I understand. So I'd be Involved with game development and maintain/fix/upgrade the store etc. I was curious what I'd be doing as one. Thanks for the support.

You'd get hired to do whatever you're good at. Valve hires people with a very diverse range of skillsets, particularly when it comes to software engineers. I would worry more about developing skillsets that interest you right now than I would about what your role would be if Valve were to hire you, because otherwise you're putting the cart before the horse so to speak.

Back