Some first info on the new DLC.

T-6000

Reaction score
A little before Gametrailers TV debuted info on the Left 4 Dead DLC, PC Gamer released some info on the DLC from an interview with Valve:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/21/interview-valve-on-their-new-left-4-dead-dlc/

The DLC, entitled "The Sacrifice, will be available on October 5th. And if I am reading this interview right, it looks like it'll be available for Left 4 Dead 2. But sometime before the comic's release, valve plans on releasing a large 190 page comic to explain the events leading up to the Sacrifice.

You got to love Valve: "We gonna support Left 4 Dead, so here is The Sacrifice and No Mercy campaigns for Left 4 Dead 2".

What a joke. Also don't watch the Gametrailers video, it shows how Bill dies.

Valve really ran into a trap with their eagerness. They wanted so much to expand on what they had with L4D that they shipped a second game and their fans expect them to support both when all they wanted to do was expand on their original idea.

Yeah, they should have just released it as an expansion pack and incorporated all of the new features into the original game like so many of us suggested. Now, i don't play either game because one lacks the new fun features while the other one lacks the atmosphere and characters.

Will you play No Mercy/The Sacrafice in L4D2?

Everyone will play them in L4D2.

My point being will they bring him back to L4D2 seeing as he says he finds it lacking in good characters and atmosphere.

Two questions:

1. Why hasn't this been posted on the front page?

2. Anyone reckon Valve could be pursuaded to, say, add something like Realism Versus to L4D1? Would make the first game much more fun for veteran players. (If anyone still plays it, that is. I haven't played either game for some time)

Heh, doesn't seem like anyone still is into L4D here...

I play it from time to time. It's still got something when everyone's got mikes and they've decided not to shoot you.

Tried to play it yesterday, but I couldn't find many games... L4D reported only about 3500 people were playing it. If that was a world wide figure, it'd be only natural most of these people weren't in my vicinity to play with, I guess...

Back