Some new screenshots

Sweeet! I forgot how much I loved these forums! I'm hooked again!!

looks good ... but teh boat looks bland ... but its probably just the angle or something ... HL2 rules ... everything about it rules ... theh graphics rule ... theyre really good graphics and everyone will be amazed ... k ... later :afro:

God, how I want to play this game, for some reason Doom III made me want to play it even more. ARGH... :(

In the helicopter pic, you can actually see the whitehot bullet hitting the water, with the trail behind it.

hey guys ... sorry im not a 1337 oober hacker like some of you ... SO ... i was wondering how i can see the pic of the g man and the bird thing?? could you explain in detail? like what page do you view the source on? thanks ...

Platinum said:
hey guys ... sorry im not a 1337 oober hacker like some of you ... SO ... i was wondering how i can see the pic of the g man and the bird thing?? could you explain in detail? like what page do you view the source on? thanks ...

Right click, View source

Watchout, im a 1337 HaX0r

ON WHAT PAGE???? i told you im not a 1337 h4x0r ... and ouldnt that just open notepad ??? grrrr you have NO idea how frustrated i am right now

Platinum said:
ON WHAT PAGE???? i told you im not a 1337 h4x0r ... and ouldnt that just open notepad ??? grrrr you have NO idea how frustrated i am right now
The page with the screenshots...

Platinum said:

i thought i was pretty clear

right click on the page with the screenshots (not on the actuall screenshots, somwhere on the background) and scroll down to "view source". it will open note pad. there is a picture of a bird, and the gman. if this isnt clear enough i dont know what is...

I really hope valve has done something to make the combine's A.I ace. The A.I. in Far cry was okish, in Chronicles of riddick it was slightly better, D3's was unfortunately meh. So PLEASE valve make HL2's enemies HARD AS HELL!...they should be tactical, hard and bad ass, all at the same time. Please!

lans said:
I really hope valve has done something to make the combine's A.I ace. The A.I. in Far cry was okish, in Chronicles of riddick it was slightly better, D3's was unfortunately meh. So PLEASE valve make HL2's enemies HARD AS HELL!...they should be tactical, hard and bad ass, all at the same time. Please!

I didn't see any improvement in the A.I in Chronicles Of Riddick compared to Far Cry, Far Cry has way better A.I.

Anyway, judging on that coastline video with the rollermines the A.I looks alot better then all the games mentioned above. Especially since its on easy

Sparta said:
I didn't see any improvement in the A.I in Chronicles Of Riddick compared to Far Cry, Far Cry has way better A.I.

Anyway, judging on that coastline video with the rollermines the A.I looks alot better then all the games mentioned above. Especially since its on easy

Riddick's A.I still worked tactically - Far cry's A.I. was at times very riddiculous.

a) throw rock in room
b) A.I checks it out
c) shoot idiot

That happened so much - the foolish A.I. fell for it so many times, I just had to stand in the corridor and shoot whoever came out from the door. See the attachment for proof.

Also, they did the stupid tango - running side to side, even if there WAS NO cover nearby, which made them look stupid.

Attachments

• farcrydopes.jpg
    farcrydopes.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 394
lans said:
Riddick's A.I still worked tactically - Far cry's A.I. was at times very riddiculous.

a) throw rock in room
b) A.I checks it out
c) shoot idiot

That happened so much - the foolish A.I. fell for it so many times, I just had to stand in the corridor and shoot whoever came out from the door. See the attachment for proof.

Also, they did the stupid tango - running side to side, even if there WAS NO cover nearby, which made them look stupid.

lol! oh man that attached image made me choke on an ice-cube, dear lord Ians you almost killed me :O

Alright I don't get the opportunity to post here often so here is my piece to this hellishly long post (I suffered through all 26 pages to get here...hehe oh well killing time at work anyway)

1.) Half-Life 2 is coming along nicely the screens prove it even though there are smacktards nitpicking every detail. I am sure Greg didn't sit there and say "Gee should I release these screens because there is no reflection here and here and oh damn what about that one pixel jaggie on that wall over there?" C'mon people they are working on VALVe's biggest project to date...give em some slack they are probably sleep deprived and don't need your shit right now...lol

2.) You people are probably right about VALVe distracting us with these screens to divert attention from the CS:S delay. Hey all I can say is good job hehe...I am content for the time being!

3.) Yea VALVe has made some huge PR (public relations) blunders this year. What company hasn't? I just hope VALVe holds true to their original design...if they do everything will be awesome and we will be fragging with an up-to-date engine in no time...

Thanx Greg they Rock! :naughty:

Don't knock it until you've tried it. And if you're not a illegal Source code downloader, or priviliged journilist, you haven't.

Don't knock what...

Oh Just realized the game....I am not knocking it...I am probably one of the most pro HL2 people here right now...

No... it was a general thing to all valve knocking people... I knock on doors too... with my head...

In the last screenie, did anyone notice the fence on the far right was not reflected in the water. I hope they fix that in the final release.

I hope that floor's not dirty, otherwise Napalm's gonna need a shower... You're at work right? Sometimes janitors don't do a very great job...

Hehe I am an intern so we are the bitches in charge of keepin our office clean lol

Yep....gotta do what the "Man" tells us to unfortunately. Apparently he believes cleaning floors is Information Technology related lol....oh well getting paid!

PulpDood said:
In the last screenie, did anyone notice the fence on the far right was not reflected in the water. I hope they fix that in the final release.
That's a function of the auto-LOD that keeps framerates up throughout the game.

You see this Valve, over 18000 views of this thread, all we want is just a couple screenshots a week. We'll over-analyze them and then be left waiting for more, just have a set thing like releasing a couple screen every week and our excitement will keep up.

Don't do that VALVe! As much as I like screens you need to be focusing on getting the game on our shelves! If that means no news/updates for a week...so be it....JUST GET IT TO US PLEASE!!!

Hehe....you know I doubt that would totally derail their process. :D
I'm sure theres at least a few people hanging around whose job is done even.

Maybe so...but still...the rest not working can push the others to work harder :D hehe...

Napalm said:
Maybe so...but still...the rest not working can push the others to work harder :D hehe...

with the use of whips and a banana on a fishing line !

:d

Direwolf said:
Hehe....you know I doubt that would totally derail their process. :D
I'm sure theres at least a few people hanging around whose job is done even.

Haha, yeah - They are hanging around there just to play the most recent CS:S Beta at lunch!

/me wishes he was a CS:S Beta tester....

Napalm said:
Don't do that VALVe! As much as I like screens you need to be focusing on getting the game on our shelves! If that means no news/updates for a week...so be it....JUST GET IT TO US PLEASE!!!

So you are trying to say that the game can get delayed by just pressing F12 to take a still shot and uploading it on the server within a minute?

Sometimes Valve needs to Cntrl-Alt-Dlt their life then press Alt-F4 when they are being jackasses.

Back