Some probably dumb questions about removing mods

angela_sasser1

Infected
Reaction score
First off I am VERY new to Steam and I've recently downloaded Skyrim Legendary. There isn't really a guide I can find that details how to remove mods. From what I understand one can't simply unsubscribe and be rid of a mod. I'm having multiple crash issues and I want to undo everything I did out of stupidity. I have used other software with Oblivion in the past where I had to manually install mods and sort the order and it was pretty easy to figure out problem mods. There is no safety net here. I need a point in the right direction at least.

I could have sworn unsubscribing removed the mod for me when I was doing it with Skyrim. Its been awhile though. Does the start screen when you launch Skyrim still have the "Data Files" option? I'm pretty sure you can uncheck mods from there too, but I dont know if its in the legendary edition.

mhaLnez.png
Do what Krynn said. Click "Data Files".​
dAh6Yd2.png
Then simply untick whichever mods you think are causing issues, this will stop the mods appearing in your game, and they can be reactivated at any time by reclicking the selection box.. Clicking a mod and then clicking "Delete Selected" deletes the files from your PC all together.​

Thanks for the help guys. Un-checking them does keep them from being loaded with the game but I get the same crash every time I try to go into Breezehome even if I un-check them all. I located the folder they're in, but it's the same folder as my dawnguard/hearthfire/dragonborn files are in and I'm afraid of deleting things out of there willy nilly. I know these games can be temperamental at times especially when working with mods. I downloaded this game however instead of my usual way of buying a hard copy and so I'm afraid if I screw it up beyond on recognition, it's going to be a pain to uninstall and reinstall because I don't hard the hard copy, my internet is atrocious as well and I can't stand the thought of waiting 2 more days for the game to download. So for the moment things stay as they are and I avoid breezehome. It's a shame I can't complete the quest associated with it though. I should have bought the house and entered it before applying mods. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Why don't you try movetoqt for completing the quest?

Also,read this, it might help you next time you are stuck(skyrim is a really buggy game)

Back