Source Mod 2013 (MP) - Adding weapon_physgun

opticalprocessor

Headcrab
Reaction score
Hey all!

I'm fairly new to coding / mod creation and I want my first project to be a multiplayer game similar to gmod (except HEAVILY simpler).

I have already downloaded Source 2013, Visual Studio, etc and found a improved version of weapon_physgun from the Half Life 2 Leak in early 2003 ( I think?).

My question know is how I might get it to work inside Source 2013.

I'm pretty sure that the code I'm using has networking stuff added into it but my main problem is adding it to c_weapon_stubs_hl2.cpp.

Using the line
Code:
STUB_WEAPON_CLASS( weapon_physgun, WeaponGravityGun, C_WeaponGravityGun );
fails to compile inside Visual Studio.

If anybody could help me with this issue, please tell me!

Thanks!

Hey all!

I'm fairly new to coding / mod creation and I want my first project to be a multiplayer game similar to gmod (except HEAVILY simpler).

I have already downloaded Source 2013, Visual Studio, etc and found a improved version of weapon_physgun from the Half Life 2 Leak in early 2003 ( I think?).

My question know is how I might get it to work inside Source 2013.

I'm pretty sure that the code I'm using has networking stuff added into it but my main problem is adding it to c_weapon_stubs_hl2.cpp.

Using the line
Code:
STUB_WEAPON_CLASS( weapon_physgun, WeaponGravityGun, C_WeaponGravityGun );
fails to compile inside Visual Studio.

If anybody could help me with this issue, please tell me!

Thanks!

Hey optical:

I think the physgun is already in SDK 2013/Multiplayer:

src/game/shared/hl2mp/weapon_physcannon.cpp

The mega physcannon isn't in MP, but you could probably port the code. I happened to borrow the looks/animations/sprites from the mega physics canon in my own mod, but my weapon was based off of the crowbar, lol :)

Back