Source SDK Tools Available Now

Damn cheap sellout Valve.
release it to everyone ones you first release something.

What?

Why would they release it to people without access to the engine? Its only 11 days before release anyway.

stolve..they released it to everyone who could USE IT. lol..
See, it wont know what to shade in hammer or anything like that if you havn't bought HL2 through steam yet thus there is no point in even releaseing it for those who can't use it..

st0lve said:
damn cheap sellout Valve.
release it to everyone ones you first release something.

this is just stupid.

No it isn't.

If you haven't bought their product yet, you can't complain.

"Damn, Microsoft isn't giving me updates, even though I didn't register my cd-key with them!"

That's just bull****
It's not like we aren't gonna but HL2, i cant buy it because i don't have a creditcard and i just wanna make maps for it and learn the tools abit.

O'Neill said:
That's just bull****
It's not like we aren't gonna but HL2, i cant buy it because i don't have a creditcard and i just wanna make maps for it and learn the tools abit.

Yes, but you still don't own Source engine rights yet.

I own Half-Life, Cs, Blueshift etc. I even bought Cs for xbox I expect something in return for all that money.
You can buy Valve Hammer Editor for free so why should i pay for the new source edition?

Yyyyyyeeeeesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooot Woooooooooooot!!!!! New It Getting It Nowowowowowo!!! Hammer!!!!! Is Here!!!!!

O'Neill said:
That's just bull****

Same here, although I'm not buying it until I get a new vid card because the one I have doesn't even support pixel shading.

It would be nice to get to learn the tools while I'm waiting.

O'Neill said:
I own Half-Life, Cs, Blueshift etc. I even bought Cs for xbox I expect something in return for all that money.
You can buy Valve Hammer Editor for free so why should i pay for the new source edition?

A) This a different product
B) You need the Source engine to use it.

so now we will finally see some custom Source maps :)
oh yeah.. can't forget the popular iceworld and snow maps being redone :E

Cool the SDK is finally out! Yesterday I already thought the SDK was coming because Steam didn't work yesterday as I said in this post. But with Steam nothing is sure, it could have been a bug too. But we finally have it so we don't have to wait long for al those fantastic mods that are planned.

im still scared shitless they'll try to force us into xsi in exchange for them making exp.
damn this is scary, i don;t want to learn that piece of uncustomzable crap, but its a good way for valve to garuntee that no one can move theri mod to another engine. then they completly controll you, read the eula

Wow,

O'Neill said:

Something in return for all that money? You already got it,silly. You got HL, CS, and blueshift. Congradulations on your purchase!

scuse me while I go call Mazda and demand they buy my a fancy stereo system to put in my car because after all " I spent all that money, they owe me something".

Geez people. If you have preordered Half-Life 2, it shows up... if not, then don't expect it to. Valve doesn't owe you anything if you didn't preorder.

This release is primarily for the Mappers and I believe Textures can also be compiled as well (haven't tried it yet). The full SDK with source code will come soon after HL2. That's when mods will get full production going.

gj valve for actually releasing something earlier than expected :cheers:

Trinityxero said:
yeah its for mappers... so why the !&#$*&%#()* dont i have it?

It's part of HL2 stuff which you haven't yet payed of. I can't understand ppl who think this is stupid or selfish from valve, they do business and make this stuff for living ffs. Why would they give ppl something they have worked for years for free? they don't know if you are going to buy HL2 or not. If you do, you will recieve the SDK after that, it's only 2 weeks...

you dont know how hard im trying to keep it all in... i should just :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cheers: :bonce: !!@@##@#@# :bonce: :bonce: :bonce: :imu: :imu: you outright now -.- ~kicks jerk in the $~

I had to restart Steam twice and now it's downloading. w00t \m/ Also it shows HL2 pre-loading the 7th pre-load...

It's nearly upon us...

Yeah. We're definately closing in :) This feels just like christmas.

NO! why would it let you use the SDK for an engine you dont have?!?! I'm begining to wonder if some people dont actually understand what an SDK is.

O'Neill said:

Well for all that money you got..Half-Life, Cs, Blueshift etc. and Cs for xbox.

So how about you stfu? and stop expecting everything because you brought some past games?

b...bb...bb...bbb.......MUUUUHHHAAAAAHHH!!!!

Back