Spore to be released on all 3 new consoles

Reaction score
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/spore/707976p1.html
It's also just a good interview in general.
Well, actually we are going to go on all platforms, but we will come out on PC first. We will even come out on cell phones and stuff. One of the things in the game is that as you go around and encounter things… creatures and plants, or whatever, you make trading cards of each thing.
He also had this to say about the Wii and PS3:
Six hundred bucks; that is a lot of money. I'm rooting for Nintendo.

Wow! Thats crazy! I wonder how well it will translate to the consoles...

I'm getting it for PC anyway. :thumbs:

I saw this a while back, atleast that comment about tading cards, on all platforms etc.:)
I'm not surprised, hopefully the 'ports' won't be as pisspoor as the console versions of The Sims 2 were.:p

I'm definitely getting it for the PC myself aslong as my shitty comp can run it..
Edit: I'll hopefully have a new comp when it comes out, Q1 2k7 or was it even Q2? March or w/e?:) So then I won't have to worry..

I wonder if the games will be cross compatible, allowing all versions to share user content and not just being platform specific.

Everyone loves Wii. XD

After stating before E3 that I would NOT be buying this game, Robin Williams presentation has convinced me to buy it (to clarify). Especially if it's for Wii. :O

Reginald said:
stating before E3 that I would NOT be buying this game
You should be hung for such a statement!!*Chases Reginald with a penis-shaped torch*

Yeah, creature creation will suck like hell on the PS3 and Xbox 360, and even worse on cell phones. They have the right idea making it for PC first, so they don't have to make compromises for the consoles' crappy control method. Although PS3 might have mouse and keyboard support in the future, so that would be cool. But MS decided to be jackasses and never support mouse and keyboard.

Should be a decent game but definately nothing I'd play on a console, PC all the way, even though I plan on getting a PS3.

I hope I can create so amny things my mind allow to do

I love games where you can customize so I am very hyped for this game...if my pc run it

<RJMC> said:
I hope I can create so amny things my mind allow to do

I love games where you can customize so I am very hyped for this game...if my pc run it

Trust me, I'm pretty sure ANYBODY will be able to play this game.

xlucidx said:
Trust me, I'm pretty sure ANYBODY will be able to play this game.
Indeed, The Sims 2 was pretty damn insanely scalable ontop of that, in terms of the engine.

PC would obviously control the best, but if the Rev version controls well and has the same features, I'll get it instead.

PC all the way :D

I'll take whatever is avaliable, i guess.

what I really want to know is that you can make the creatures whit any shape you want?

<RJMC> said:
what I really want to know is that you can make the creatures whit any shape you want?
Afaik, yes, think of it as you getting a blob, taking your hands, stretching it, squeezing it, penetrating it, giving it bones etc..
In the video presentation with Robin Williams, he made a creature so ****ed up it FROZE the game, I think that should give people an idea of how free it is for you to create the ingame creatures :p

Gargantou said:
Afaik, yes, think of it as you getting a blob, taking your hands, stretching it, squeezing it, penetrating it, giving it bones etc..
In the video presentation with Robin Williams, he made a creature so ****ed up it FROZE the game, I think that should give people an idea of how free it is for you to create the ingame creatures :p

It also shows that the game still needs quite a bit of work. D:

xlucidx said:
It also shows that the game still needs quite a bit of work. D:
If you're given almost unrestricted artistic capability and the game has to regenerate all the animations for the creature, I would not in any way be surprised that some totally insane creatures like the one Williams did will crash the game..
But yeah, we'll have to see how they'll solve that, will they manage to make it so that every single thing you create will work in the game, no matter how insane, or will they restrict it a bit to ensure it doesn't freeze?
Anyway, here's hoping it makes its Q1 2k7 release atleast, I want it soon :(

Gargantou said:
I'm definitely getting it for the PC myself aslong as my shitty comp can run it..
Edit: I'll hopefully have a new comp when it comes out, Q1 2k7 or was it even Q2? March or w/e?:) So then I won't have to worry..
I could be wrong, but I don't think you need bleeding-edge tech to enjoy this game. Run it in 800x600 and just ... have fun

Where Crysis got awards for technology achievements, Spore got awards for creativity and things like that.

But MS decided to be jackasses and never support mouse and keyboard.
Not true. One of the first games that came out for 360 has keyboard support. Final fantasy MMORPG.

I wonder if the games will be cross compatible, allowing all versions to share user content and not just being platform specific.
The 360 and PC

Gargantou said:

:naughty:

Back