Stalker clear sky review from PC Gamer UK, it's not very good

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
:D Why thank you

Just so everyone can disregard that non-sensical review by PCG UK, if they already havent.

The time you mentioned above in the third vid, twas a blowout amirite?

You obviously haven't played the FEAR expansion packs.

They arnt made by Monolith,

btw, that 1 bad review is like when someone gave Half-Life 2 a 70 or 80 its like are you seriously going to bass your decision on some opinions..?

That guy in the videos reminds me of a more toned down version of Keanu Reeves.

I feel so much better after that pc zone review :D

It's just a shame cos I've basically always trusted PC Gamer reviews, oh well *shrugs*

btw, that 1 bad review is like when someone gave Half-Life 2 a 70 or 80 its like are you seriously going to bass your decision on some opinions..?

No, but they were written by Monolith employees.

From what I've read a lot of the original team behind STALKER have left, so Clear Sky for the a large part is not made by the same people either.

wow someone on the gamefaqs clear sky board copied my description of the review to the letter :LOL:

There's no way he can talk in even more of a perfect monotone than Keanu Reeves.

I was talking more about his mannerisms. Like when he talks and wants to emphasize a certain word or phrase, he does the same kind of head move as Reeves, only not as dramatic. He also looks kind of like Keanu Reeves.

The time you mentioned above in the third vid, twas a blowout amirite?

Umm that time if I recall was just them demonstrating volumetric fog or something, but it proves how dark the game can get. Apparently blowouts are going to look somewhat similar to the blowouts in Oblivion Lost, except you will have less time to seek shelter (which is conveniently marked on the map).

Wanted Bob provides again!

edit: Holy ****! i like that; the days dark! get going!

Notice how just before it blacks out all the birds drop out of the sky. They are indeed forms of wildlife that have health and whatnot. In another video I saw someone aim a potshot at a raven, dropping it out of the sky.

Oh, just for you Koola, here is a video (part 2 of 3, the rest are in the related section) that has a bit of everything. Blowouts, ravens, beast combat, faction combat, improved dialogue, and showing new music. I love the music, detracts from the immersion but I love it still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKq_12tgv4&feature=related
EDIT: Aww well, here is the next vid, its really good too. Love the bit in the bog at the beginning with the boar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3nn1ERpbZU&feature=related

As a heads up, I think the part 1 vid may have story spoilers, so I didnt post it.

Those are from that "First 25 minutes of Clear Sky" video. Which can be found Here

Just finished the first one, can't wait for this.

Don't care, Wanted Bob went the extra mile for a very, very good reason :D

cheers mate

That looks incredible, Bob.
Wow... I didn't really have any interest in the game before, but wow.
The camps look incredibly cozy and the game just overall feels as immersive as the last.

Just might pick it up after I beat the first game.

DP, i know...but it's released on friday...

...is Hl2.net as excited as i am?

Pre-ordered, but it was delayed. FFS

**** retail, at least release it on Steam ON ****ING TIME FOR THE US YOU STUPID ****ING ****WITS WHO CAN'T PUT CD KEYS ****ING ****** ****SHITS ****.

**** retail.

It's a bit shabby that they use the same sound fx for changing weapons etc. from the first game. I always hated the sound it makes when you change your weapon... it's pretty cheap... :(

Isn't it the sound of metal on nylon or something?

Somebody write a hack for DX10 effects in DX9 like in Crysis pleaskthx

i think the ign reviewer is full of crap, honestly.

oh boo hoo, random blowouts! I've been playing with random blowouts in stalker mods for months, the tension they add is fun.

baaawww ai throwing grenades make it hard! Haven't we been asking for this for a while now?

IGN reviewer doesn't give Clear sky a better review because he sucks at the game, thats how i see it. Or hasn't been paid off by the publishers.

Back