Stalker clear sky review from PC Gamer UK, it's not very good

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
I didn't know this game had a goddamn activation limit. Oh FFS!

So, with this DRM shit... you're essentially paying $50+ to f*cking RENT a game?! :|:|:|:|

So basically complain to steam when we burn them all out? And if that fails there's another option.

valve says that its not them and that they can not help. GSC will not help and tages says that its not them. Yet everyday on the stalker and steam forums people are posting about running out of activations.
So far no one has got helped by anyone. As soon as someone gets a crack out for this game ill start using it.

Basically they just gave their consumers a big "**** YOU!" sign.

The devs do not even post in the english clear sky forums. They talk to the russian speaking members in the russian side of the forum. From whats been passed is that a few people were fired at GSC and that they plan on patches in the next few weeks/months.

Why don't you people just freaking crack the game once you've hit the limit. Since you've bought the game legally, there shouldn't really be a problem. There ARE solutions to these problems.

patches to GTFO the DRM **** or the other 'problems' people are having with crashes or whatever?
Why don't you people just freaking crack the game once you've hit the limit. Since you've bought the game legally, there shouldn't really be a problem. There ARE solutions to these problems.
Yeah but would that pass the steam integrity check and all?

WARNING: checking out the english side of the steampowered forums can result in spoilers, even the titles that say they want help, they specify the point in game. I managed to stop reading before reading too much thankfully.

patches to GTFO the DRM **** or the other 'problems' people are having with crashes or whatever?

Yeah but would that pass the steam integrity check and all?

You can play it without starting steam. but it still checks with the tages master server. Also i do not know of a crack that works with the steam version.

some? Do you know what the UK got? I swear if my copy has either this limit or starforce I will ****ing take it back now. I haven't taken the plastic off yet :flame:

I love how the concept of an activation limit doesn't even come close to tackling piracy.

'So tell me mister Taigs/Tag-ess/Tayjes person, how do these pirates work and how will having your product on my game stop them?'
'Well you see, what pirates do is they circulate one physical copy of a game throughout the entire world - it goes from house to house, changing hands countless times, travelling the globe - ruthlessly taking advantage of the design flaw in games that lets them be installed over and over! but NOT ON OUR WATCH. We LIMIT the number of installs, so that this evil may not triumph'

It's a pity when good games are ruined by distribution stupidity. And it was the developer's choice right? Or some random scoundrels that you said got fired?

It's a pity when good games are ruined by distribution stupidity. And it was the developer's choice right? Or some random scoundrels that you said got fired?

The game right now at best is a late alpha/early beta. There are game breaking bugs all over the place.
They used a 3rd party beta test company that says they they found the last bug sometime in july.

You guys got starforce, we got tages. Also do not add any new hardware or tages will freak out! I added another secondary HDD and tages made me reactivate. So I now have 3 activations left.

I reinstalled it around three to four times so far and not once did I hit a problem.

Then again, this is Poland, where publishers care about their players.

The game right now at best is a late alpha/early beta. There are game breaking bugs all over the place.
They used a 3rd party beta test company that says they they found the last bug sometime in july.
I was referring to the decision to include tages.

EDIT: NVM I read the steam forum and it seems we have an install limit (don't know what it is). Why weren't we told about this!! Steam or the ****ING BOX should have a warning saying there is a ****ING install limit!!

At least EA told us :flame:

I reinstalled it around three to four times so far and not once did I hit a problem.

Then again, this is Poland, where publishers care about their players.

Starforce is a very shitty drm but it does not have a limit on key activations.

EDIT: NVM I read the steam forum and it seems we have an install limit (don't know what it is). Why weren't we told about this!! Steam or the ****ING BOX should have a warning saying there is a ****ING install limit!!

At least EA told us :flame:

Its 5 activations.

As a warning the fanboys are out in force today on the steam forum and the gsc forums.

fanboys? what defending this move or against it? I'm not a fanboy but I am totally against this (although everyone knows this by now)

EDIT: Wait clear sky only needs the cd key for multiplayer doesn't it? So in retail copies if I don't enter my key surely I won't lose an activation?

fanboys? what defending this move or against it? I'm not a fanboy but I am totally against this (although everyone knows this by now)

EDIT: Wait clear sky only needs the cd key for multiplayer doesn't it? So in retail copies if I don't enter my key surely I won't lose an activation?

See if you can install without using the key. For steam tages takes over the last bit of the install and forces you to activate.

If you do install look in the install folder for the tages files.

EDIT, Fanboys of GSC and the game. To them GSC is a godlike being, and there is nothing wrong with stalker.

Starforce is a very shitty drm but it does not have a limit on key activations.

There's not a mention of Starforce in the registry from what I see (and my computer is a fresh install).

This seems to make sense considering what Silver said:

You can put random numbers into the CD key, or leave it entirely blank. It will just continue with setup and work.

Maybe it will only prompt you for the key if you go to the multiplayer section.

This seems to make sense considering what Silver said:

Maybe it will only prompt you for the key if you go to the multiplayer section.

Then there is a differce between the cd and steam version. I am going off whats been said on the forums and from what I have seen.

If thats true, then I'll probably still get it. I dont care much for the multiplayer.

I figure I'm giving my money to a good game anyways. And if worse comes to worse...that which shall not be named is a good backup.

Does anyone known what the hell you're suppose to do once you're in the Red Forest? I have the task of finding the Space Anomaly but it's in a part of the Forest I can't even reach. The whole area is cordoned by a perimetre mound you can't climb and there's no passable way in. The only way in is through the Duty outpost but the gates are locked. The only other route I found was a pit in the mine near where the Compass artifact is but everytime I go down there I get raped by invincible Poltergeist mutants.

Good News. Some people have got reaplys from deep silver about tages. DS says that they are talking to GSC about adding more activations or dropping activations all together. :)

Does anyone known what the hell you're suppose to do once you're in the Red Forest? I have the task of finding the Space Anomaly but it's in a part of the Forest I can't even reach. The whole area is cordoned by a perimetre mound you can't climb and there's no passable way in. The only way in is through the Duty outpost but the gates are locked. The only other route I found was a pit in the mine near where the Compass artifact is but everytime I go down there I get raped by invincible Poltergeist mutants.

Have you followed the running man to the bridge? There's an entry gate there, to the right of the underground passage that goes 'sploadey.

I didn't see that opening at first, I went through the gate where the Stalkers were killed by mutants. I was actually having trouble reaching the area where the tank was but later found the tunnel in a heavily radiated area. Guess I missed it at first. :|

so I just installed the latest patch and now my game crashes after the opening scene. :|

For ****'s sake people.

Post the crashlog if you want help. Otherwise, go dive in an anomaly.

Back