Star Wars Holiday Special

h00dlum

Reaction score
Star wars holiday was a two-hour television special broadcast on November 17, 1978 on CBS.

I got a hold of a copy of it today, the quality of it is ludicrious but anyway, has anyone of you guys seen this? ROFL its so horrible. Its about Chewies family celebrating "Life Day" and some music acts and a cartoon. Chewies father is the most ugly wookie ive ever seen! Lucas hates this and regret that it was ever made so its pretty hard to come by but you can find it on p2p programs, i can recommend you to watch it just cuz its so bad..!

For more info check out http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com

edit: Btw has anyone here seen those Ewoks tv movies?

h00dlum said:
Star wars holiday was a two-hour television special broadcast on November 17, 1978 on CBS.

I got a hold of a copy of it today, the quality of it is ludicrious but anyway, has anyone of you guys seen this? ROFL its so horrible. Its about Chewies family celebrating "Life Day" and some music acts and a cartoon. Chewies father is the most ugly wookie ive ever seen! Lucas hates this and regret that it was ever made so its pretty hard to come by but you can find it on p2p programs, i can recommend you to watch it just cuz its so bad..!

For more info check out http://www.starwarsholidayspecial.com

edit: Btw has anyone here seen those Ewoks tv movies?

heh I remember seeing that special on tv ...even though I was pretty young I do remember how cheesy and corney it was ...thanks for bringing up bad memories ;)

The Star Wars Holiday Special is crappy, but canonical... Lumpy, Itchy and Mala feature in the books (and boy, Itchy is one ugly old dude, isn't he?).

And the Ewok movies (Caravan of Courage and Battle for Endor) are rather good, IMHO.

I think I watched the Ewok movies when I was a kid, they were pretty cool I guess. It confused me a lot when I watched the originals a few years later. I was waiting for the parts with the kids and the Ewoks.. and it never came :p

Star Wars Holiday Special, eh? I think I'll pass for the moment :p

I believe that the Ewok movies were actually supposed to have happened before Return of the Jedi...

Back