• No

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Lucas ruined it for me!

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

SidewinderX

Reaction score
who has it? good?

(I have a gift certificate to B&N, and was thinking about getting it.

(and first post)

I'm more interested in that huge 10-disc Matrix boxset coming out Christmas.

So no, I don't have it. :p

i have it. there really isn't much noticable difference between this DVD boxset and the original trilogy that came out on VHS. there's probably only a handful of scenes throughout the trilogy that i could instantly recognise as new/changed scenes.

the only major change that i have any grievance with is at the end of Episode VI, where they've replaced the original actor who played Anakin with the hayden christiansen.

apart from that, commentary on all three films is worth listening to, and the bonus dvd is packed with a full history of Star Wars. well worth owning this trilogy. only thing missing is a 'deleted scenes' section.

yeah, I think I'm gonna go for this... unless you can think of a better way for me to spend $50 on barnes and noble.

I want this so much, should be buying it monday!

Nope. Don't have it, and don't intend on having it. I just don't find Star Wars that interesting or entertaining. That's just my two cents.

I might get the DVD box set...when it has everything in it(Inlcuding the latest 3 films). Much like this Matrix set coming out...

I bought the first day, haven't seen it yet. Bought a DVD drive just for it too :LOL:

Dedalus said:
i have it. there really isn't much noticable difference between this DVD boxset and the original trilogy that came out on VHS. there's probably only a handful of scenes throughout the trilogy that i could instantly recognise as new/changed scenes.

the only major change that i have any grievance with is at the end of Episode VI, where they've replaced the original actor who played Anakin with the hayden christiansen.

apart from that, commentary on all three films is worth listening to, and the bonus dvd is packed with a full history of Star Wars. well worth owning this trilogy. only thing missing is a 'deleted scenes' section.

I have it and it's great. The bonus features (unlike most DVD's) were really good too.

Re the issue of the change: I think Lucas is right on this one. His justification for it was that when Jedi die they revert the end point when they were Jedi (and Anakin as we all know died as a Sith and was last a Jedi when he was young in Ep 3).

Too expensive, I'd rather get Indiana Jones.

I have it too. I liked most of it. Picture quality is excellent. TOO excellent in some places. Lousy FX look terrible. Lasers look like they are made in Paint really. Sounds are quite good except for the 1977 quality of most talk in the first movie. Practically no surround effects whatsoever (lasers in particular need this).

Right now I'm anxiously waiting for the next revamp of trilogy. A change that equals the changes between 1977 & 1997. Then they may actually be worth it ;)

The bonus material is freaking nice though. Problem is that when you've watched everything, you just want more...

KagePrototype said:
I'm more interested in that huge 10-disc Matrix boxset coming out Christmas.
Have they done anything more to it than adding a few Behind The Scenes dvd's plus adding ETM content into Reloaded? I'd like some new effects to those movies too...

Tredoslop said:
They replaced Shaw with Christensen! What the hell...
Makes perfect sense. The only problem I have with is that Hayden is a clone of a former classmate of mine. It's eerie (sp?) ;(

I have to get it, don't have time though.
But I reeallllly don't like the changes at all, except the technical ones of course.

h00dlum: No nothing like that really. A few mishaps among the actors, Kurt Russell as Luke/Han (can't remember). There's a 2.5 hour long documentary about the trilogy with 100% new footage. And there's a documentary with different director's who give praise to Lucas, one about the awesome characters & finally one about the lightsaber. They are about 15 minutes each. And then there are lots of screen shots never seen before plus tons of trailers & tv spots (not that interesting).

you forgot the option.. gonna get it soon..
i've been a starwars fan all my life... so i'll definitly get it :)

Yeah he does but Han has the quickest reflexes I've seen so it looks like 2 shots at the same time almost.

Back