StarCraft2: A lost cause

DEATH eVADER

Space Core
Reaction score
Its seems that subconsiously, I was really hoping for this game, however, years have gone by and there has been no official word that its in development. I remember back in 2000, there was a rumour that it was in development, but now, its seems unlikely.

In saying that, the reason that it hasn't been in production is because blizzard has been working on Ghost for the past years. After all, do you really think that Blizzard would ignore their devoted fans, after all, they have a lot of things at their desposal.

New creatures and characters from Ghost
Official Novels on the Universe
Fan Fiction
Off course, not to mention the new technologies that they can play around with.

If they indeed make a sequel, I only ask three things of them:

Don't make it look cartoony like they did in Warcraft3
Redo the original campaign with the new tech
AI (the proper stuff)

Diablo 3 in 3rd person would be ace, I'd admit, do special combos rather than pressing LMB about a 1000 times

Redo it? I want that damn campaign continued! I wanna know wtf happens after bw x_X. To much of a cliffhanger...a great cliffhanger. Kerrigan has risen, samir duran is creating hybrids which can only think that he is apart of the Xel'Naga, etc..

God damn.... I must find out :(.
DAMN YOU BLIZZARD FOR MAKING ME WANT TO FIND OUT SOOO BADLY. WHY HAVN'T YOU MADE SC2 YET. IMA KILL YOU!!..or I would but you still have to create sc2..

blizzard has been working on Ghost for the past years.
Wrong blizzard is the CO-DEVELOPER. They made out of game videos and watched over the project nothing more. Nilhilistic was making it until blizzard booted them off and put swinging apes in charge of it.

swinging apes havn't released anyhing special on Sc:G since they have had it, and blizzard is also in charge of press annoucments.

Never thought I would a Sc2 forum on this forum... god x_X

JUST WAIT TILL E3!!! If it aint there then.....then we can blow up blizzard.

I would like them to continue the campaign, not re do it, there's still a hefty plot in there to build on.

I couldn't care less about whatever crappy plot it has.... but RTS games have gone nowhere but downhill after Starcraft, so it'd be nice to see what Blizzard would do...

It doesn't have a crappy plot :(

You are right in saying, however, that they have gone downhill, somewhat, but i personally think that Dawn of war was at least a hint of things to come in thenear future, because i loved it.

If Blizzard threw in that kind of detail in Starcraft 2, then it would be great, seeing a Goliath bieng smashed to pieces, or a Zergling bieng smeered across the wall :D

Plus, Mengsk is still around, thats good enough reason to continue the series.

Plus, Mengsk is still around, thats good enough reason to continue the series.
Mengsk, raynor, kerrigan, rest of UED, zeratual, artanis, samir duran, HYBRIDS!!(huge part there), possibly Xel'Naga....etc
Starcraft infact has ONE GREAT CAMPAIGN AND STORY.
The background info..like any blizzard game... is breathtaking. Each race has a written history on them in the sc manual.

As zeratul said to Samir Duran,
"Have you any conception of what you've created here? Do you have any idea what this... this Hybrid is capable of?"

Sc2 - Who is samir duran? Will the zerg fall, will the hybird rise, and of course...... who will die?

I have a feeling some of you didn't play the secret level in brood wars... lets just say Zeratul went to find artanis and stumbled upon a moon... a huge mind controlling mission..very fun.
(Mission is achived by having xx(I forgot the number try 15)minutes on the clock when u beat the 2nd last zerg level using any cheat but level auto win cheat)

Eventually zeratul finds statis accross the planet, he destroys one and you get to see zerglings and a high templar pop out, then you eventually find another stasis...and there Samir Duran talks to you

It goes like this:
ZERATUL
Is this Kerrigans work?

DURAN
No. Young Kerrigan could not have engineered this grand experiment. Although her rebirth into the Zerg Swarm has sped up my progress, I can assure you that this endeavor is quite beyond her narrow understanding.

ZERATUL
If you are not her pawn, then what are you?

DURAN
I am a servant of a far greater power. A power that has slept for countless ages. And is reflected in the creature within that cell.

ZERATUL
Have you any conception of what you've created here? Do you have any idea what this... this Hybrid is capable of?

DURAN
Of course I do. This creature is the completion of a cycle. It's role in the cosmic order was preordained when the stars were young. Behold the culmination of your history.

ZERATUL
All I behold is an abomination.

DURAN
Your violence, young prodigal, is typical. As is your inablility to comprehend the greater scheme of things. You can destroy all of the specimens here. It will do you no good. For I have seeded the Hybrid on many, many worlds. You will never find them all before they awaken... And when they do... your universe will be changed... forever.

Mengsk. Should die, i hate him. Goddam him. Raynor, on the other hand, is my favourite character, i felt somewhat sorry for him during the course of Brood war.

They are taking to long, I would have preferd a Starcraft 2 or Warcraft 4 than WOW

Starcraft 2 if done right would sell like hot cakes.

The koreans would be all over it like flies on shit.

WoW is currently giving blizzard a 78 million a month income, they are sitting pretty :D Do it for meeeee Blizzard!

By deatheVader:
They are making a sc mod for C&C generals, so just play that.

Anyway, I think they are very carfull with SC, cause it is considerd by many the best RTS of all time, lest be hinest the hopes will be very, very, vewry high for a sequal, and Blizzard does not want to dissapoint. So we'll probably waut another 3 years before there is a chance that it will coem out.

Samon said:
The thread name got me exited.... :(

spellcheck: excited, not that anyone cares, i have trets syndrome..... no actually i don't. im serious, i just wanted to post to get 701 posts.

Darkknighttt said:
spellcheck: excited, not that anyone cares, i have trets syndrome..... no actually i don't. im serious, i just wanted to post to get 701 posts.

Twa's a type i'm sure :p

For your effort at providing me with a spell check however, have spamsandwhich ;)

They are making a sc mod for C&C generals, so just play that.
Wrong blizzard shut that down. Plus it looked like shit..
Project Revolution, which blizzard hasn't and probably wont shutdown is coming out for Wc3. It's just revamping sc in 3D. It looks...right on with the sprites...
http://revolution.wc3campaigns.com

I have wanted starcraft 2 for a long time now. It was not cartoony like warcraft and had a lot of depth and a great multiplayer. Starcraft 2 should have professional voice actors, better unit scale (imagine a battle cruiser 1000x bigger than a marine instead of 4x bigger) also great graphics, sound, new battlenet features, map editor and continuation of the broodwar campain and revamped starcraft campain fully redone with new models and textures. It would be great and i bet many many people would buy it. Lots of people still play battle net many years after its release so it sould be profitable

At least you guys have a chance.

There is no chance of a Total Annihilation 2.

if starcraft is anounced it will be like the anounce of HL2 believe me

Didnt like the 1st starcraft but a 2nd part would kickass for sure.

SearanoX said:
There is a mod coming out that's porting the game to a new engine...so at least that's kind of close. It's a shame that Cavedog died, out though. TA was an awesome game.

There's actually rumours now of StarCraft: Ghost being brought over to the upcoming consoles. If that's true, it'd be a great business move for Blizzard. Having a StarCraft game as a launch title would only do well for them.

Oh, and as for StarCraft 2, it's certainly coming, just not soon. I'm expecting a Diablo III first, myself.
Cavedog is back I think, I read it in CGW maybe..... I dont know I really liked TA, those were massive battles.

What happened to raynor? I seem to remember him having his command center blown up.

And what is this about Duran? is he for or against kerrigan? I cannot remember for the life of me.

<RJMC> said:
if starcraft is anounced it will be like the anounce of HL2 believe me

It would be bigger.

Kommie, you sure Cavedog is back ?

if it aint broke, dont fix it. i dont think id like a sequel. the only thing id like to see is a graphical update maybe. its still one of the most played online games, and has been for years. its incredibly solid as it is.

ShinRa said:
if it aint broke, dont fix it. i dont think id like a sequel. the only thing id like to see is a graphical update maybe. its still one of the most played online games, and has been for years. its incredibly solid as it is.

wait, there are still people playing it ? i used to all the time but i stopped .. i don't know why :x i got soo many demos from ta recorder somewhere.

note: samson rushes are soo lame.

And what is this about Duran? is he for or against kerrigan? I cannot remember for the life of me.
Most people believe Duran is apart of the Xel'Naga. He is not for kerrigan obviously. He is most likly apart of the Xel'Naga. You see in the secret mission he is creating the hybrid. The Xel'Naga strived on created the perfect species. (Xel'Naga created protoss home planet(auir)...left came back and found a species there..named them Protoss(First Born), and steered there evolution, eventually the protoss started losing there psionic link and the Xel'Naga were going to leave, the protoss attacked as the Xel'Naga were leaving. The Xel'Naga then went to create the zerg, and eventually the overmind found out that the Xel'Naga were clouding its powers...weakening it.. so it attacked killing the greater whole of the Xel'Naga...no one knows of the Xel'Naga after that. they did not create the terran though).
The hybrid I guess is to be the "Unstoppable species". As duran said..
"It will change your universe, for ever".
Duran most likly serves the Xel'Naga, as it wouldn't make sense any other way.

man I just go to look for screenshots of starcraft and a lot of memoryes comes back and I just want to say

we need a starcraft2

Back