Stay Classy Day-Z. 15% price hike immediately followed by 15% "sale" on Steam

Eejit

The Freeman
Reaction score
Pretty sure that's illegal in a bunch of countries and some US States...

Pretty sure that's illegal in a bunch of countries and some US States...
It's definitely illegal in the UK, there was a big uproar about supermarkets doing it a while back.

I've read that it's illegal in certain states, though not all. Apparently Washington doesn't allow it?

I've read that it's illegal in certain states, though not all. Apparently Washington doesn't allow it?
I just did some hasty research. The trend appears to be that it's illegal in most 'blue' states, while it is mostly legal in 'red' states. Don't quote me on it, though. Could be wrong.

http://dayz.com/blog/dayz-moving-into-2015

I was pretty disappointed that they intend to sell the final finished product of this game at $50, But to be completely fair, they are promising a lot of new content they will add to their game.
well thats how Early Access is supposed to work originally. You pay less but get early access, or pay more but get later access. The way minecraft did it and with that system early access wouldnt be as bad as it is, but most devs just make their game full price as early access.

Well that Dean dude had made posts explaining why they want to price it at $15 USD. After this price hike and people calling him on that he deleted the reddit account he used when talking about that.

Staying classy.

well thats how Early Access is supposed to work originally. You pay less but get early access, or pay more but get later access. The way minecraft did it and with that system early access wouldnt be as bad as it is, but most devs just make their game full price as early access.

let me try and phrase what I originally said differently, I'm a little disappointed they settled on a price so high. Sure it's not as high as most brand new AAA games, But it's not a AAA games, Lets be real here it's a completely reworked mod. And the arma 2 engine (or at least in the current build that doesn't have the new direct x) hasn't aged as well graphically. But once again to be fair, It's at least a year before that day will come.

Well that Dean dude had made posts explaining why they want to price it at $15 USD. After this price hike and people calling him on that he deleted the reddit account he used when talking about that.
Funny thing is, Dean plans to leave the development team after New Year, meaning the features promised to be included in the game are far from concrete. It's entirely possible the development of DayZ could just...stop.

And yes, I know that's not saying much given how slow new content has been released over the past few years.

Luckily it's a hype train I never boarded. Some fairly sketchy shenanigans though.

Funny thing is, Dean plans to leave the development team after New Year, meaning the features promised to be included in the game are far from concrete. It's entirely possible the development of DayZ could just...stop.

And yes, I know that's not saying much given how slow new content has been released over the past few years.
its one of the most popular games on steam and Im sure many people are just waiting for the full release or beta to try it out, they wont just stop development

It's definitely possible.

To play devil's advocate if the team has over-promised, over-estimated their own capabilities then they may well "cut and run" with the pile of dough they've made from their sales so far - I heard in the region of 2m units?

Back