Steam Broadcasting Now Available To All Users

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
After only a month and a half in beta, the Steam Broadcasting functionality introduced to the Steam Client Beta back in December 2014 has been released to all users in the latest Steam update. The system allows any and all Steam users to host their own livestreams to other users across the world, as we explained following its original release last year.

steambroadcasting.png
After starting a livestream, hosts can interact with their fans and friends using a new Broadcasting window available on the Desktop or within the Steam Overlay. To get started, simply click the "Watch Game" option on a user's profile or your friend's list and wait for them to accept or deny your invitation. Alternatively, you may use the "Invite to Watch" option to ask your friends to come check out your sweet 360noscopes as you pwn some nubs in Call of Duty or something.

Today's Steam update also added some other fixes and features previously added to the Steam Client Beta, including a new in-game FPS counter used to track system performance, and numerous improvements to Big Picture Mode and In-Home Streaming.

Nice update! I'm enjoying watching some broadcastings of games that I don't have yet.

one of these days I'm going to have a decent internet connection

Back