Steam Dev Days Media Released

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Following the highly successful Steam Dev Days conference last month, Valve have released 28 new video recordings of sessions presented at the event. The videos cover "a wide range of game development topics", including virtual reality, Linux, graphical optimisation, Steam Machines and the Steam Controller, alternate reality games, and the evolution of gaming hardware. An introductory video was also released, highlighting many of the core events and speakers from the conference.

All 28 of the brand new, never-before-seen videos are now available in a playlist on the new SteamworksDev YouTube channel, which we highly recommend checking out if you're looking to find out more specifics regarding the various topics discussed, many of which include appearances from Michael Abrash, Gabe Newell, Mike Morasky, Joe Ludwig, and many more. A large variety of PDFs are also available over on the Steam Dev Days website, as well as in the video descriptions for each relevant talk on YouTube, which provide interesting insights into the presentations used to accompany many of the talks.

Naturally, you'll probably need to find a decent gap in your schedule to be able to fit in even a single video, as most average around 30-40 minutes, making the total playlist around 19 hours and 38 minutes by YouTube's estimation. Stay tuned to ValveTime for more news about Steam and Valve in the near future.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 6,976
Was the slideshow-PDF not consider newsworthy? It looked really interesting and i would have loved to hear the actual narration and explanation of the slideshow.

19 hours is a lot......I sure hope they guys here are full of curiosity and actually take the time to watch it all.

Great suggestion. I didn't know which one you were talking about, though, because there are dozens of presentation slides available at www.steamdevdays.com that cover various topics. I suppose the post doesn't do a good enough job of highlighting that, so we might want to edit it or we'll do a follow up post.

And we're certainly considering doing a dissection of some of the topics that we find most interesting. I prefer written content, so if I end up doing an analysis, it will be posted here soon. And our media team might do a video-based analysis for YouTube, but I haven't spoken with them so I dunno. Sidedraft

Ok cool. I would have loved to be in that audience while it the presentation was actually given.

Was the slideshow-PDF not consider newsworthy? It looked really interesting and i would have loved to hear the actual narration and explanation of the slideshow.

It's also worth noting that each YouTube video description for the talks contains links to that specific talk's presentation slides in both PDF and PPT format. I've updated the post to reflect that.

Hey guys doesn't this image look familiar :D -
urr5XBs.png

For those who want to know where it is, its on the video talking about tf2 and portal 2 args.

Heh, they harken back to the damn HL2 website ARG at around the ****ing 44 minute mark. That shit did creep me out. Good times.

Back