Steam is temporarily unavailable, please try later

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had this error for the past 24 hours, when trying to get on Steam. It seems connected to the Steam UI beta. I've managed to resolve the issue. There are two things you can do if anyone else encounters it.

1. Delete clientregistry.blob, then start Steam. This may not work first time, I had to removed it 3 times before Steam started updating correctly.

2. Alternate solution, browse to the Steam executable and add -clearbeta to the end of the target. Steam will launch without the new beta UI (considerably quicker than backing up Steamapps and reinstalling).

Have the same problem here: The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes.

Deleting of ClientRegistry.blob did not help.
Didn't get how to do the solution 2.

Have the same problem here: The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes.

Deleting of ClientRegistry.blob did not help.
Didn't get how to do the solution 2.
Find the Steam executable (Steam.exe, probably in C:/Program FIles (x86)/Steam/), right click and create a shortcut (or click Send to->Desktop which will create a shortcut to Steam.exe on your desktop). Now right click the "Shortcut to Steam.exe" that you just created, and go to Properties. In the Target: field, it will say "C:/Program Files/Steam/Steam.exe" or whatever the route to your Steam.exe is. After the last " add -clearbeta (so it says "C:/Program Files/Steam/Steam.exe" -clearbeta). Now run the shortcut.

Back