Steam Trading Now Out Of Beta

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
A mere month after it's first unveiling in Beta, Steam Trading has now been made official. Along with this news, Portal 2 and Spiral Knights items have been added to the Steam trading economy.
"The addition of Steam Trading is the latest example of how Steam continues to evolve with new features and functions developed based upon feedback," said Jason Holtman, director of business development. "We look forward to seeing how gamers and developers have fun and move this functionality forward."
Over the 4 weeks of trading over 1 million items and game gfits have been traded. An explanation of Steam trading can be seen here.

Apparently I have 21 items in Spiral Knights. They're probably not worth anything though. For some reason I had a feeling Spiral Knights would be the first to join this. There was already a lot of people trying to trade TF2 items for energy in SP so this will facilitate that a lot more safely.

I notice they also added a contact us section to the TF2 site with a new email option straight to the TF2 team. Seems like Robin is sick of his inbox being full :p

So does this mean I can finally get something for all my tf2 crates?

What on earth is steam trading?? :S

What on earth is steam trading?? :S
Go to your Steam friends list or someone you're in a chat with and invite them to trade. You can then trade spare Steam games, Team Fortress 2 items, Portal 2 items and Spiral Knights items with your friends securely. Trading TF2 items for games and Energy in Spiral Knights was already happening (seriously) so this just facilitates it officially and safely.

Sounds interesting, shame I was never able to unlock any TF2 items even tho I played for hours trying :(

so anyone want to trade me skyrim for a tf2 hat? :V

Back