Steam Update with preview

achilles_d

Reaction score
New Steam update

Friday, April 6 2007

Recently we invited members of the press out to Valve to play Team Fortress 2. Game Informer has published a huge story broken up into three parts. You can read part one, which focuses on the history of Team Fortress. Part two is centered around some of the new features people will get to see in Team Fortress 2. The third part is a write up of Game Informer's play experience based on a match we played with them for about two hours. Apparently some people around the office didn't "get the memo" about going easy on the press in the playtest. We thought the article might be in jeopardy when our guys playing as spies repeatedly backstabbed the reviewer playing as a sniper. Luckily, we showed him how to clean up by placing sentry guns as an engineer... Spy soup is best served cold.

Dude, modify your links. I don't want to have to open Steam everytime I click one.

Mmm nice picture...
tf2guy3.jpg

achilles_d,

I got news of this new thread through my Google alert. I read the Game Informer articles the day they were posted (and then proceeded to let every forum I take part in, know about them). I look forward to any little scrap of news/info you guys (Valve) can give us.

I am strictly a console gamer, and so I was delighted to find out about HalfLife 2 Orange a couple of months back. You have no idea how much I am looking forward to Team Fortress 2. The artistic direction you have chosen will sell you millions of copies. All of us raised on cartoon violence can really appreciate the humor.

Hey, is there any chance that you could provide a high resolution (2560x1600) copy of the Team Fortress 2 press picture? I have a 30" monitor, and I would love to make that picture (or any new art - hint hint) my desktop. Right now, I have an action screen of Halo 3. I would gladly swap that out though. ;)

Anyway, keep working hard. There are lots of us really looking forward to your game.

Cheers,
Michael
http://3suns.blogspot.com/

Erm, you do know that he copied the update that is from Steam and doesn't work for Valve right? You sure made it sound like you thought he was a Valve employee. :p

At first (when I posted), I did think he was a Valve employee. Later, I realized that he probably wasn't. I am definitely new around here. Anyway, nobody seemed to be monitoring the thread anyway, so I just left it. ;)

hurry up and release the game already achilles

Say goodbye to conc jumping and grenades guys! Lets hope that turns out well :). If it doesnt, its easy to switch to fortress forever or back to TFC.

I remember seeing a guy conc jump the water in 2forts after the second or third day that TFC was released. I went underwater to see how he did it and then when I tried it on other servers I got kicked for cheating. But man, those snipers must have shit themselves the first time a medic flew up into their balcony and infected the lot of them.

After that was the elevator conc and the ledge to ledge conc across 2forts to make the medic virtually unbeatable.

Back