Strange Face on Advisor Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Eli, and unfortunately this isn't new either. I've having difficulty finding the thread back it was discussed not long after the Half-life 2 release. Thus, this picture has been sitting in the .gcf's for a good few years. This means that certain events with Eli and Combine Advisors in Episode 2 are well AFTER this picture was created.

As said above we got the same feedback from Valve about this picture being one of those random flashes of confusing pictures advisors seem to cause us to see when we are in their near vicinity.

I find it funny and kind of sad how everyone goes on speculating despite the fact that he posted this. ;)

It's not Eli, and unfortunately this isn't new either. I've having difficulty finding the thread back it was discussed not long after the Half-life 2 release. Thus, this picture has been sitting in the .gcf's for a good few years. This means that certain events with Eli and Combine Advisors in Episode 2 are well AFTER this picture was created.

As said above we got the same feedback from Valve about this picture being one of those random flashes of confusing pictures advisors seem to cause us to see when we are in their near vicinity.

I've looked into the entire Half-Life 2's content GCF's and I can't find that picture anywhere. Also, which is interesting, if this picture is as old as HL2, how come the actual model of the advisor is the newer designed model from episode two. Not unless you meant a different picture.

I find it funny and kind of sad how everyone goes on speculating despite the fact that he posted this. ;)

I still think there's plenty room to speculate mate ;)

It's just that when the mods post something, it's either locked or it's disproven right then and there.

No worries mate. I've searched all of hl2's content and I can't see it anywhere. If i'm wrong though, someone please tell me the exact directory :)

I'm positive that advisor is the newer designed one from the orange box.

I've just checked the HL2 gcfs and indeed the picture isn't in there. Although as advisers have become a more central part of the HL2 storyline saga it's purely logical these could been moved into the Episode 2 shared gcf instead, especially with the nature of Steam updates for Half-life 2, Episode 1 and 2.

The reason I say this is because I'm certain we discussed this picture a good while back, and recall the jpg very clearly. Speculate, please do, but I must insist this picture was created long along.

Maybe it's Shephard.
Gordon just remember him from the void...

Maybe it's Shephard.
Gordon just remember him from the void...

...Shephard has nothing to do with Valve's half-life. Gearbox created Shephard as one of their own characters, and besides that, Gordon wasn't in the void for more than a few seconds for all he knows. It's not shephard. And iirc, Shephard had a mask, not glasses.

After playing a little with the color balance and levels, one can clearly see the face was intentionally put there, even brushed over (probably to hide persistent colours). This is definitely not Cohrt nor Eli, it's a photo of a real man. Please observe the lip stripes, the shadows are much too real, also the shadows on the face are way too real for a 3d character from the game.

I think it's one guy from the Valve team, aware of the fact that his image will be showed in-game, trying to get his "signature" in an invisible way... This is the best explanaition so far. It would be too paranoic to think the dude is some unrevealed character in the upcoming games of the Half Life Series, as much as we like to think that Valve would insert hidden illustrated messeges in the game directory.

Attachments

• advis.jpg
    advis.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 256
...Shephard has nothing to do with Valve's half-life. Gearbox created Shephard as one of their own characters, and besides that, Gordon wasn't in the void for more than a few seconds for all he knows. It's not shephard. And iirc, Shephard had a mask, not glasses.

this again? -_-'

valve has said, as many times WE have said, that the everything in Half Life: Oposing Force is CANNON to the half-life univers. :sleep:

Rampant speculation; Eli's been turned into an advisor... Or... An advisor absorbed Eli's mind so he's not really dead... Or... Eli's ghost is haunting the advisor that killed him?
Edit: Also... Who is Cohrt?
Chort was a scientist in the Beta but was cut out.

this again? -_-'

valve has said, as many times WE have said, that the everything in Half Life: Oposing Force is CANNON to the half-life univers. :sleep:

That would be "Canon." And please, don't misunderstand me. I didn't mean that OP4 has nothing to do with Half-Life, all I'm saying is that Shephard has nothing to do with it. Some parts of OP4 and Blue Shift were true to the story, but, for the most part, both of the games are just mods. I believe Valve has also said that Blue Shift's Barny Calhoun has nothing to do with HL2's Calhoun. Might as well expect the same about Shephard. It could just be put down as a simple newbie's misunderstanding of the story, rather than a resurrection of an old argument. :)

Yes of course, Valve has hidden clues as a JPG file in the GCF of the game, this is very interesting and amazing.

It vaguely resembles Breen concept art, but we've all seen how concept art can evolve. No telling what it is now.

Very cool.

I'm glad this thread was revived. It's an interesting picture that needs to stay up to date. Any new info on it?

It's very very old and there is nothing new to it I'm afraid. Please stop reviving this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back