Strange issues with mouse/keyboard.

Llama

Tank
Reaction score
I have no idea what's causing this.
Basically, my mouse will be really unresponsive and totally freeze for large amounts of time. The keybaord also doesn't respond until about 2 seconds after I press a key, although sometimes it's fine.

I have NO idea what's causing this :( but it's ruining the game for me.

It's not my ping or connection AFAIK, I get a ping of between 6 and 50 most of the time.

Any suggestions?

Comprutah specks?
Could be your computer being bogged down

Pentium 4 @ 2.8 Ghz
512 Ram
X800 GTO 256.

I dunno, I keep my settings at all lows and at 640x480

A probable fix could be... Setting your "HL.exe" process in your Windows Task Manager (ALT+CTRL+DEL) to a "Low" priority. Steps on how to do this if you are not sure:

Start the title with said issues -> Minimize the application with a CTRL+ESC keystroke -> Open Windows Task Manager with a ALT+CTRL+DEL keystroke -> Go to the "Processes" tab -> Locate and right-click on "HL.EXE" -> Go to "Set Priority" and click "Low".

Also, another possible fix
in case the previous one above is of no success, is to delete the ...\SteamApps\STEAM USERNAME\PROBLEM GAME folder. Make sure that Steam is closed during this process. If you have custom content such as models, sounds, or whatever, back those files up if you do not want to lose them.

Hope this helps. If not, run this Steam diagnostics tool, and make sure no obvious anomalies are present.(driver version for GFX card would be nice), along with any fixes you have already tried.
wb if this helps or not

Could you possibly have a wireless mouse with draining batteries, as this happens a lot for me.

Other than that, I don't know what will happen.

Back