Suggestion on the improvement of TF2

bbson john

Tank
Reaction score
There are 3 suggestions about some subtle things. You may or may not agree with me. These two things have been on my mind for quite a long time. Excuse me if they have been said before.

1. Achievements and unlocks should only be gained on official maps (including Valve selected community maps). This can avoid achievement grinding on skillfully crafted custom maps or stupid idle maps server.

2. Each selected community map should have a proper name. For example, cp_egypt_final is really an eye sore. It makes me think that it is some sort of beta map in test. The proper name should me "cp_egypt". It is more compact, formal, comfort to look at. This may involve overwriting or relocating the original cp_eygpt testing map some players may possess. Yet, I think the name change is feasible.

3. There should be an option which I can choose to reject duplicated items automatically if I receive ones during a game.

I don't know if Valve staff are free enough to take a look at our sit. Probable I am too lazy to email my opinion to Valve.

1. You shouldn't care about how others get their achievements.

2. Nothing to say about that point.

3. You'll want all those duplicates when item trading starts.

It feels better to you.

1. Achievements will soon just be a list detached from weapon milestones I believe so I don't think this will matter. Valve have started making the achievements much more doable from normal gameplay rather than grinding. Not necessary to change this in my opinion.

2. I agree. I'm not sure why they don't tidy the names up prior to official release.

3. You can, once you die the item pops up. You get 3 buttons. Equip this item now, look later (or something) or discard. You want 'discard'.

ad 1 - I agree. Or, it would be nice if each official map got its own set of achievments, not connected to player classes.

ad 1 - I agree. Or, it would be nice if each official map got its own set of achievments, not connected to player classes.
Awesome idea. Also, fixing up all the single-unit edges that I keep catching on in some of the official levels.

1. Seems like a good idea, but would stifle play on custom maps, and those keep the community lively.

2. Sounds good to me.

3. Definitely. I hate being at a critical point in a game when I find something that I have to deal with. (If there's a way to get around that quick, let me know.

Players should be rewarded with hats if they show skill, this random drop system is just beyond terrible. A friend of mine suggested a system that gives ''a TF2 dollar'' for each kill you make. Then there should be some sort of shop, where you can buy hats for TF2 dollars. Only downside is people will abuse this by joining server that have those bots lined up, build a sentry and idle away..

Oh boy, a system that allows better players to look stylish while abusing the newer, less fashionable players.

Players should be rewarded with hats if they show skill, this random drop system is just beyond terrible. A friend of mine suggested a system that gives ''a TF2 dollar'' for each kill you make. Then there should be some sort of shop, where you can buy hats for TF2 dollars. Only downside is people will abuse this by joining server that have those bots lined up, build a sentry and idle away..
Simple fix: Only count the TF2 dollar if the kill also results in the death of a second player logged into Steam.

Or, you get one TF2 dollar for every round in which you have higher kills than deaths.

But I have a hypothesis about the final Item Distribution System. Weapon "levels" will come back, and the "level" of the weapon you randomly get every 50-odd minutes is directly tied to how well you've played since you got your last item. At any time, you can "combine" two items in your backpack to create a new, random item. The higher the level of the items you combine, the higher the level of the new item (usually, but not always, i.e. 2% of the time you get a lower-level item). During the combination process, if the levels of your items are high enough and a certain "level threshold" is passed, the item created is a Hat.

Here's an idea: how about everyone not give a shit about something arbitrary like hats in an FPS game? That way I don't need "TF2 dollars" to buy "TF2 hats" and "TF2 shoes" and "TF2 handbags."

What about hairstyles.

Also, when can we expect socketable items? Item find helmets? Runewords? An + Oun + Cer word for double barreled rocket launcher, yeah.

Here's an idea: how about everyone not give a shit about something arbitrary like hats in an FPS game? That way I don't need "TF2 dollars" to buy "TF2 hats" and "TF2 shoes" and "TF2 handbags."

Because they add style and humor to the game and they're the ULTIMATE STATUS SYMBOL.

Do want for heavy.

On topic:

1- Fair enough I suppose, now that achievements are only the secondary method for gaining weapons, with random drops becoming a much more likely way for people to fill in their weapon gaps, achievements have really become just that: a way to show those special things you've achieved because you really did it (although some, admittedly, require straying from your usual gameplay style).

2 - Also fair enough, although not if you're counting in multiple versions of maps. cp_orange has plenty of versions and each have their own fun points, and you need some way to tell between them.

3 - Like others have said, keep them for when Valve implement their trading system.

Oh boy, a system that allows better players to look stylish while abusing the newer, less fashionable players.

Oh boy, a system that gives out hats totally random.

I rather see good players be rewarded instead of this random madness.

Back