suggestion...

F

Fjolle

I was sitting in irc, and i figured, that you for the moment really need some strict rules for the channels (and some ops to enforce them... :angel: )

also to clean up your main forum you should drop the redirects and make another forum where you put closed/dodgy threads in.

anyway... good work mates! :cheers:

Originally posted by Fjolle
I was sitting in irc, and i figured, that you for the moment really need some strict rules for the channels (and some ops to enforce them... :angel: )

also to clean up your main forum you should drop the redirects and make another forum where you put closed/dodgy threads in.

Yeah well, the mods have been doing that, its just 7 or 8 mods cannot control about 10 thousand people posting wierd stuff and any given time.

Regarding IRC, we have 20+ ops in the main channel although half of them aren't staff. Just random ops.

As for the a board where closed / deleted threads go - We have one, but you can't see it. :)

You could activate moderation on the forum, so new threads needs to be validated by the mods first.. this should filter most of the lame topics out..

You could activate moderation on the forum, so new threads needs to be validated by the mods first.. this should filter most of the lame topics out..

You want to give us heart attacks? That'd take alot of work.

it would be less funny and interactive. Also I don't think there aren't so many riots here to make them moderate every single topic :>

that would suck and take so much friggin time

Ive never seen this done anywhere before, so it probably wouldn't work. Its just an idea I got off the top of my head.

Why not have a voting system hidden in each thread, something where members can vote to have the thread automatically closed. So say if another delay thread comes up and maybe 30 members vote to close it then it will automatically be closed without the mods?

Something allong those lines may work.

But then again, unpopular but not necessarily "jerky" threads could be voted out.

maybe, but what if the mods had to approve a voted closing? Ah, well, probably too much work. Its a hard and pitiless life.

The number of votes required could vary depending on the number of replies the thread has recieved. The more replies often (but not always) means that the thread is not "jerky" therefore more votes to close the thread would be required.

There could still be some problems but it's a sound idea. It would probably just be best for jerky threads to remain in the forums unti la mod fixes although there has to be way for this to work :(

Back