Suicide over election

ya I saw that on the news this morning ...man, talk about making a political statement

Some people just take this too far.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Weed out the idiots, natural selection, I say.

Why would you even bother to comment? If bush himself killed a man for simply having a different viewpoint from him you'd immediately side with bush and call the murdered man a stupid liberal. So whats your point? Why do you even bother?

So, whats your point? ^ Are you mad because the taboo of natural-selection can insert itself unto these consequences?

Bush did'nt murder anyone, and besides, this thread is about a suicide. Tragic to say the least, but I would'nt kill myself for anything not worth it.

OMG and you kerberos, you are trying to say I said bush murdered someone!!!!! You cannot communicate well with other people, please, please please please read an entire post before trying to reply to it. I wouldn't kill myself either, but that wasn't the point of my post.

Fact of the matter, someone is dead, and he was an ass about it. I called him on it, saying no matter what the circumstances were if it came down to degrading george bush or degrading an innocent dead guy, he would choose to degrade the dead guy because bush is infallible to him.

Do you understand? Please say you do because I can not explain it any more clearly than that.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Weed out the idiots, natural selection, I say.

So it's not appropriate to make a topic about when Bush might/will get killed.

But it's ENTIRELY appropriate for a caustic commentary about a man's suicide?

You're a real wonder, buddy.

K e r b e r o s said:
Bush did'nt murder anyone,

Debatable.

and besides, this thread is about a suicide. Tragic to say the least, but I would'nt kill myself for anything not worth it.

Well, that's the point. This man obviously thought it was worth it.

K e r b e r o s said:
Bush did'nt murder anyone, and besides, this thread is about a suicide. Tragic to say the least, but I would'nt kill myself for anything not worth it.

His agenda has murdered many Iraqi civilians.

One less stupid human to provide for \o/

Kangy said:
His agenda has murdered many Iraqi civilians.
Ugh....Looks like this is gonna lead to another Iraq war debate... :rolleyes:

Natural selection, nothing more needs to be added to this thread.

It's good to see that human life is valued on this forum. I guess I can see why Bush won.

Absinthe said:
It's good to see that human life is valued on this forum. I guess I can see why Bush won.
Why should his life be valued?

Foxtrot said:
Why should his life be valued?

Some people would say the same of Bush. But ooooh noooo, that's entirely unacceptable. Interesting double standards right there.

The man had his beliefs. Now, he either chickened out because he couldn't stand four more years of Bush, or he felt that an act of martyrdom was necessary. Regardless, he's dead and it's a tragedy. So you can show a little respect or you can continue to sit there and look like a prick.

Absinthe said:
Some people would say the same of Bush. But ooooh noooo, that's entirely unacceptable. Interesting double standards right there.

The man had his beliefs. Now, he either chickened out because he couldn't stand four more years of Bush, or he felt that an act of martyrdom was necessary. Regardless, he's dead and it's a tragedy. So you can show a little respect or you can continue to sit there and look like a prick.
I will show no respect to him at all, he was a complete moron. He could have tried to kill the president, or at the least made a suicide not. But he still would have been a moron for doing that, because you have to be mentally retarded if that is your best option. If he wanted to get somthing done, there are many, many, many other legal ways he could have done it.

Foxtrot said:
I will show no respect to him at all, he was a complete moron. He could have tried to kill the president, or at the least made a suicide not. But he still would have been a moron for doing that, because you have to be mentally retarded if that is your best option. If he wanted to get somthing done, there are many, many, many other legal ways he could have done it.

There are legal ways, but would they have been as effective?

I thought that a plane flying into a building made a louder statement than the morning news clips of people saying "Death to America".

Nice protest, now people will see Bush haters as somewhat more extreme than they would prefer. Congradulations moron. :upstare:

Absinthe said:
There are legal ways, but would they have been as effective?

I thought that a plane flying into a building made a louder statement than the morning news clips of people saying "Death to America".
Protests are just as useless, what they need to do is somthing political. Terrorism is just going to get them dead, but they are far too dumb to figure that out.

I'm betting he had some mental issues. Whether you disagree with the elected president or not, killing yourself is just downright moronic. I agree with the President's views on most issuers, but this guy, he could've fought for change, strived to have his people elected. Also by killing himself he just made the left look a little more extreme, alienating some more people in the middle ground.

RakuraiTenjin said:
I'm betting he had some mental issues. Whether you disagree with the elected president or not, killing yourself is just downright moronic. I agree with the President's views on most issuers, but this guy, he could've fought for change, strived to have his people elected. Also by killing himself he just made the left look a little more extreme, alienating some more people in the middle ground.
Exactly, I bet he didn't even help Kerry's campaign.

Innervision961 said:
Why would you even bother to comment? If bush himself killed a man for simply having a different viewpoint from him you'd immediately side with bush and call the murdered man a stupid liberal. So whats your point? Why do you even bother?
The guy did take it a little bit too far Innerversion, sort of like people suggesting moving to Sweden :LOL:

seinfeldrules said:
The guy did take it a little bit too far Innerversion, sort of like people suggesting moving to Sweden :LOL:

Yes because as you know, joking about moving to sweden and killing ones self are one in the same
:rolleyes:

I never said this guy didn't take this to far. Infact, I agree that he did take it to far, I also agree that he probably had some underlying mental issues. But I do not agree with calling him an idiot, or disrespecting him because of what he did in favor of a phoney texas millionaire and his pretend religious crusade for oil, sorry.

If I hear one more comparision between natural selection and suicide, I'm going to flip out.

I never said this guy didn't take this to far. Infact, I agree that he did take it to far, I also agree that he probably had some underlying mental issues. But I do not agree with calling him an idiot, or disrespecting him because of what he did in favor of a phoney texas millionaire and his pretend religious crusade for oil, sorry.
If you kill yourself over an election, he is an idiot. People who lose children dont commit suicide, so I dont think he has anyright to be so selfish over an election.

ummm no, i've heard of people losing children then killing themselves, in fact what about that guy who was told his son died in iraq and went irate and set that marines van on fire didn't he end up killing himself? You are NOT an idiot if you kill yourself, you ARE troubled. There is a difference. You ARE an idiot if you send other peoples children to die for your own profit however, lets see you argue that.

Well, if this is true and whatever this guy's problems were, he sure as hell didn't value his life that much. Therefore I don't care about him.

And your swollen hate filled head trumpts common sense and compassion once again. Good job!

ummm no, i've heard of people losing children then killing themselves, in fact what about that guy who was told his son died in iraq and went irate and set that marines van on fire didn't he end up killing himself? You are NOT an idiot if you kill yourself, you ARE troubled. There is a difference. You ARE an idiot if you send other peoples children to die for your own profit however, lets see you argue that.
Of course people do kill themselves when they lose a child, but they have a reason. It also doesnt happen all the time, I was referring to the instances where it doesnt happen. My bad for not specifying This guy was just selfish.

seinfeldrules said:
If you kill yourself over an election, he is an idiot. People who lose children dont commit suicide, so I dont think he has anyright to be so selfish over an election.

seinfeldrules said:
Of course people do kill themselves when they lose a child, but they have a reason. It also doesnt happen all the time, I was referring to the instances where it doesnt happen. My bad for not specifying This guy was just selfish.

Do you know anything about clinical depression, bipolar disease, anxiety disorders, or any number of other serious mental illnesses?

You have no idea what this mans life was like or whether he had such problems or not. For people who suffer from them many things can act as a trigger for suicidal tendancies. I'm also really getting tired of hearing that suicide is purely selfish as if the person should be blamed for it. Spend years suffering from severe depression and get to the point where you hate life so much that you want to kill yourself and then tell me it is selfish.

Now maybe this guy didn't have any of those problems. I don't know and niether do you. But it's possible and I dislike judging people when you have no clue as to what they may have been going through.

Neutrino said:
Do you know anything about clinical depression, bipolar disease, anxiety disorders, or any number of other serious mental illnesses?

You have no idea what this mans life was like or whether he had such problems or not. For people who suffer from them many things can act as a trigger for suicidal tendancies. I'm also really getting tired of hearing that suicide is purely selfish as if the person should be blamed for it. Spend years suffering from severe depression and get to the point where you hate life so much that you want to kill yourself and then tell me it is selfish.

Now maybe this guy didn't have any of those problems. I don't know and niether do you. But it's possible and I dislike judging people when you have no clue as to what they may have been going through.

You hit the nail on the head.

No, but read below.

The topic said he killed himself over the election. Why should I assume otherwise? The topic reads: Suicide Over Election.

Read a little into the article and you find this:
Veal's mother said her son was upset about the result of the presidential election....

"I'm absolutely sure it's a protest," Mary Anne Mauney, Veal's supervisor at the lab, told The Daily News. "I don't know what made him commit suicide, but where he did it was symbolic."

Why is he selfish? He probably had a family who loved him dearly and now they have to find a way to cope with his death as best they can. Its an unfair burden. There are plenty of counselors and others willing to help you get through your problems, you just need to find the heart to put in your best efforts.

seinfeldrules said:
Why is he selfish? He probably had a family who loved him dearly and now they have to find a way to cope with his death as best they can. Its an unfair burden. There are plenty of counselors and others willing to help you get through your problems, you just need to find the heart to put in your best efforts.

I can personally tell you that the apparent cause isn't the true cause. It was merely the straw that broke the camel's back. A person when depressed doesn't think clearly. What maybe symbolic to you has a completely different meaning to a depressed person.

It doesn't matter how depressed he was or what kind of clinical illness he had. If he didn't care enough to continue living his life, why should we, or myself, care? I wouldn't go as far as calling him selfish or stupid because I used to be deeeeeep in the sea of depression myself. I'm still a little bit of a depressed person from time-to-time, but I'm much better than before. I never once thought about killing myself though; I figured, "Why should anyone care about me if I don't care enough about me to want to live?"

Back