Suicide over election

seinfeldrules said:
The topic said he killed himself over the election. Why should I assume otherwise? The topic reads: Suicide Over Election.

Because supposedly he committed suicide over the election.

Why is he selfish? He probably had a family who loved him dearly and now they have to find a way to cope with his death as best they can. Its an unfair burden. There are plenty of counselors and others willing to help you get through your problems, you just need to find the heart to put in your best efforts.

You apparently missed the part about mental illnesses.

I'm not going to say that suicide was the right choice. But you can't oversimplify it with "He was selfish, so who cares".

seinfeldrules said:
No, but read below.

The topic said he killed himself over the election. Why should I assume otherwise? The topic reads: Suicide Over Election.

Read a little into the article and you find this:

Read what I said again:

Neutrino said:
Do you know anything about clinical depression, bipolar disease, anxiety disorders, or any number of other serious mental illnesses?

You have no idea what this mans life was like or whether he had such problems or not. For people who suffer from them many things can act as a trigger for suicidal tendencies. I'm also really getting tired of hearing that suicide is purely selfish as if the person should be blamed for it. Spend years suffering from severe depression and get to the point where you hate life so much that you want to kill yourself and then tell me it is selfish.

Now maybe this guy didn't have any of those problems. I don't know and niether do you. But it's possible and I dislike judging people when you have no clue as to what they may have been going through.

seinfeldrules said:
Why is he selfish? He probably had a family who loved him dearly and now they have to find a way to cope with his death as best they can. Its an unfair burden. There are plenty of counselors and others willing to help you get through your problems, you just need to find the heart to put in your best efforts.

Believe me, that is far, far easier said than done. It also does not mean that it had a selfish motivation.

Its fun to read such ignorant posts, half of you people who call this man selfish more than likely have no idea what it is like to be depressed So, don't try to pretend you know what your talking about when you go and try to make him look like the "badguy" because he was so "selfish" to go and do such a "idiotic" thing, if you could have taken a walk in his shoes, so to speak, then maybe you would have a more educated response. BUT! all of what I am saying is just based on my own experiences and thoughts of the situation, maybe he did kill him self for the sole reason of bushy getting re-elected, WE DON'T KNOW. As stated before, it could have been the one something to just set off an already unstable state of mind.

Operator said:
Its fun to read such ignorant posts, half of you people who call this man selfish more than likely have no idea what it is like to be depressed So, don't try to pretend you know what your talking about when you go and try to make him look like the "badguy" because he was so "selfish" to go and do such a "idiotic" thing, if you could have taken a walk in his shoes, so to speak, then maybe you would have a more educated response. BUT! all of what I am saying is just based on my own experiences and thoughts of the situation, maybe he did kill him self for the sole reason of bushy getting re-elected, WE DON'T KNOW. As stated before, it could have been the one something to just set off an already unstable state of mind.

Depression is probably one of the most misunderstood illnesses that exists.

My dad committed suicide when I was 17. I was in the house and heard the gunshot. The image of going upstairs and finding my dad lying on the floor with a gun in his hand, nearly dead, along with standing outside his hospital room hearing his last labored breaths is burned into my brain. I can still see it as if it were just a few minutes ago, and it's been almost 15 years ago now. It is something I never want to go through again. I know from personal experience what the people this guy left behind are going through. I deal with a lot of suicidal people on the job, sometimes they mean it, sometimes they just want attention. We have people here that have been involuntarily admitted to the psychiatric ward 20-30 times for attempting suicide. Then there are those, like my dad, who just snap and do it with no indication they were going to. It's never a good thing, and not something to poke fun at.

Believe me, that is far, far easier said than done. It also does not mean that it had a selfish motivation.
I never said it was a motivation. It is a selfish act.

Also, this seemed more of a statement than an act triggered by a great deal of depression. Going from solely the article, the only information we have is that he commited suicide as "protest". All you are doing is speculating. If he killed himself over an election, as the article says he did, he is an idiot. If there were more information given, then I would easily agree with you.

seinfeldrules said:
Also, this seemed more of a statement than an act triggered by a great deal of depression. Going from solely the article, the only information we have is that he commited suicide as "protest". All you are doing is speculating. If he killed himself over an election, as the article says he did, he is an idiot. If there were more information given, then I would easily agree with you.

The article itself is speculating.

And again, you don't seem to realize that there's a difference between being an idiot and suffering from a mental illness.

NATURAL SELECTION!!! dur da hur! i'm so clever!! ... someone murder me violently plz :bonce:

anyway, i have to say, this was clearly bill clinton's fault..

DiSTuRbEd said:
Weed out the idiots, natural selection, I say.

If Natural Selection was so appropriate in every instance you'd be dead...Your statement "Weed out the idiots" seems to fit you more then you know. :cheers: I hope you have a huge epiphany and kiss a 12 guage and taste a shotgun slug, hey your such a strong believe in Natural Selection why go against what it stands for :imu:

The Silhouette said:
If Natural Selection was so appropriate in every instance you'd be dead...Your statement "Weed out the idiots" seems to fit you more then you know.

OMGAWWD YOU ARE THE FUNNEH! :rolleyes:

For some reason driving 900 miles and then killing yourself doesn't seem like somthing you just decided to do. He obviously planned this and wasn't just some spur of the moment depression thing.

For some reason driving 900 miles and then killing yourself doesn't seem like somthing you just decided to do. He obviously planned this and wasn't just some spur of the moment depression thing.
Ah didnt even notice that. Good point.

Back