Super Mario Galaxy

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
Woo! I just got it yesterday, and I have had so much fun! Damn, I didn't think it would be this great, heh, Ray Surfing, anyone?

Maybe someone from the stuff can merge this thread with the previous one? Ray surfing was unnerving, I wasn't smooth at it at all; I was always on the verge of falling. Not good for the heart, I say!

I love the ray surfing, it's smooth if you consider the fact that the waves bump you around, I don't think some people understand that, and fault it as bad controls.

Anyways, love the game, love the variety of levels, love how gravity was implemented, can't wait to beat it, not before i get all 120 stars though, i'm at 103!

I personally love the rolling ball bonus level. At first I thought the controls would be utter shit, but they did a very good job with it.

The game gets bloody hard at about 100 stars purely because you leave all the hard comets and purple coin missions till the end. D:

The second ray-surfing mission was awesome though. :E

I loved ray surfing. My best on the first course was like.. 1:07 or 08 and 70 ms.

Ray surfing makes me want a Wii Wave Race even more.

OT: Hi Cormeh, haven't seen you for a while.

It's not that it's bad per se, it's just I'm horrible at it. Mario took many a plunge to his grave on "Surfing 101".

OT: Hi Cormeh, haven't seen you for a while.
Hewo there, Xune. :imu:

I like it a lot. I'm happy that it has minimal gay Wiimote-twirling action integrated into the gameplay. I have problems with my wrist and had surgery over the summer which makes it painful to use, so I was really paranoid that I wouldn't be able to play it at first.

I love this Mario entry, but I'm sorry to say that overall it was easier than Mario 64. I was able to get all 120 stars within a couple days of on and off play. Purple coins didn't make it any more difficult, they just took longer to get. I also hate what they did to wall-jumping. It's way too easy to do and Mario grabbing onto walls when I'm trying to double jump near one annoys me to no end.

The use of the Wiimote in Galaxy is genius. Hoovering up starbits sounded like a gimmick, but it's so subtle you hardly notice you're doing it or how satisfying it is. The spin attack and jump also feel great.

Can't wait until finals are over...want to play this game so bad. I'm only at 27 stars :(.

I have all 120 stars with mario and now 11 stars in with luigi. Luigi controls differently, so I'm still having fun.

Did you just give away what happens when you get all 120? =(

I was purposefully not looking into that.

Cool game, think I left it at 80 stars or so when I started playing Assassin's Creed recently. Should go back and finish it.

My friend who owns it just finished the whole lot, all 240 coins (120 twice through). Trust me - it's not ****ing worth it. =/

That's not a spoiler, trust me.

Yes it is. Most can only guess as to what occurs when you get all 120 stars. In Mario 64 the prize wasn't all that impressive, but people were still excited to find Yoshi on top of the castle (unless, of course, someone had already given it away). This time around, the reward is much bigger.

Then what are you doing in this thread?

Back