System Requirements?

k3ithrm

Reaction score
Has the system requirements for L4D been released yet? If not, does anyone know what it might be?

I doubt they will be too demanding.

You should probably expect the same specs as CS:S

More like the settings of EP2 considering it runs on that engine.

This is just a guess, but I would say that it will be the same as orange box or perhaps a little more...
mainly because in all the footage I have seen there are dynamic shadows and light sources, motion blur and perhaps even depth of field...
There also seems to be more advanced physics on the character models...
Big blobby dude's fat jiggles...
Big huge zombie dude's muscles move...
Lots of detailed, individual sprites on screen at the same time...

This is just a guess, but I would say that it will be the same as orange box or perhaps a little more...
mainly because in all the footage I have seen there are dynamic shadows and light sources, motion blur and perhaps even depth of field...
There also seems to be more advanced physics on the character models...
Big blobby dude's fat jiggles...
Big huge zombie dude's muscles move...
Lots of detailed, individual sprites on screen at the same time...

this sounds accurate. a little. thanks.

*gets ready for teh storm*

I'm sure there will be an option to turn details down, but a safe bet will be if you run Orange Box, L4D works just fine.

There are many zombies onscreen at the same time, and more than 1 dynamic light source. In ep2 it was only your flashlight I think, but in Left 4 Dead, if the 4 players turn on their flashlights at the same time it gets very demanding (for a source game). Of course you can turn down the details, I don't think you should worry about that unless you have a very old PC. The Source Engine has always been very nice to everyone.

Hopefully the Source engine will have decent multi-core support by then.

2Gb seems quite alot to me. I suppose there is alot going on at the same time though.

There are many zombies onscreen at the same time, and more than 1 dynamic light source. In ep2 it was only your flashlight I think, but in Left 4 Dead, if the 4 players turn on their flashlights at the same time it gets very demanding (for a source game). Of course you can turn down the details, I don't think you should worry about that unless you have a very old PC. The Source Engine has always been very nice to everyone.

Only the flashlights of other players don't cast dynamic shadows.

I wouldn't say that just yet, everything is guess work and speculation until an official announcement.

Only the flashlights of other players don't cast dynamic shadows.

They don't? Really? Oh well it would be so nice. The flashlights shadows from the other players would keep distracting me while the infected attack over and over and over again... would be so nice...

Maybe this will be like in TF2 where Valve focused on the gameplay instead of showing off the engine. I mean that's what hl2 episodes are for, right?

Well, I think the Left 4 Dead graphics are the best source engine graphics I have seen yet.

Back