Taking Barney through the game.

Matt

Space Core
Reaction score
I remember hearing someone in Valve (it may have been Gabe) talk about recorded playthroughs of the game in which the player would take a Barney through nearly the whole game. This was interesting to me, as it always seemed in Half-Life like you could get guards with you for quite a while, leaving them somewhere and going off where they couldn't follow, then opening the door to the previous room and having the guard take a shortcut. I've been looking, but I cannot find them anywhere. Do any of you have links?

It is impossible to take one Barney the whole way as there are many moments involving ladders, water and pits that only the player can navigate. There are some smaller sequences of two or three maps where you can keep them alive for a long time, to where you end up with four or five scientists and guards in a group.

It is impossible to take one Barney the whole way as there are many moments involving ladders, water and pits that only the player can navigate. There are some smaller sequences of two or three maps where you can keep them alive for a long time, to where you end up with four or five scientists and guards in a group.

I hate it when I collect as many as humanly possible and then see an elevator...

Still, I wonder if anyone has made a playthrough with one Barney following them around until the unbarneyable area, then grabbing a new barney.

You'd run through like 2 dozen Barneys. It's also pretty much just playing the game.

I've been looking but I can't find it - there's an image of every scientist and Barney standing around in a group, at the point where you have to jump in to the elevator shaft and grab a ladder.

Dang, surely they could form a human bridge and catch that damn scientist at that point ...

I've been looking but I can't find it - there's an image of every scientist and Barney standing around in a group, at the point where you have to jump in to the elevator shaft and grab a ladder.

That's awesome! Except you couldn't use every scientist/guard up to that point, 'cause apparently they can't jump over rubble.

I remember I gathered a ton of scientists and guards then i got to that elevator you had to jump in

Back