Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]As promised, Valve's shot the Team Fortress 2 trailer our way this fine afternoon. It will be made available through Steam in approximately 50 minutes, at 11AM PST - but you can get it at Gamespot or ModHQ right now. The trailer showcases the classes in Team Fortress 2, done in a fresh, cartoony style. It's shaping up to be amazing, and the instant we get more news, you'll know it. Also, thanks to Chepito for the screencaptures.

Ennui you referred to "shooting it" twice in that news post. And the topic was just made about the Wankathon.

D:

Sexeh trailer nonetheless.

didnt show much gameplay but it was cool not the less :p

Great that one of our members Spied this before it was publically released. He must have been Scouting around the site for ages looking for the short, but incredibly formed Demo of the game to come with Episode 2. It's a bit sad though, that people thought the whole thing, especially the first screenshot to come out, was Doctored, but I for one knew that VALVe is a company that would never Engineer their media to look better than it is. Ah well. It will still be a while before the game comes out, and if this is the last teaser to come for a few months we'll have to just Soldier on until the next piece of Pyrotechnic beauty.

love the style; it'll be a refreshing change

Great that one of our members Spied this before it was publically released. He must have been Scouting around the site for ages looking for the short, but incredibly formed Demo of the game to come with Episode 2. It's a bit sad though, that people thought the whole thing, especially the first screenshot to come out, was Doctored, but I for one knew that VALVe is a company that would never Engineer their media to look better than it is. Ah well. It will still be a while before the game comes out, and if this is the last teaser to come for a few months we'll have to just Soldier on until the next piece of Pyrotechnic beauty.
You have to much time... :p

Great video, although no gameplay I am hoping that it's going to look close to that ingame.

Wow thats very refreshing from gritty sci-fi. Cannot wait.

Can you think of a better package than the excellent Episode 2, amazing looking Portal and this brillant new take on Team Fortress.

I’m loving the look and feel of Team Fortress 2. It just has that over the top feel that was found in movies like The Incredibles, and I think Valve is doing a stupendous job of bringing it into the Source Engine.

I applaud Valve for what must be the best looking game to be on the Source Engine thus far.

I just hope they keep the original gameplay i.e. red dots for snipers, det packs, 3 stage sgs, concs, granade priming, despensers/teleports etc.

Cool I wonder if we get to see the updated HL2 EP2 trailer with the cinematic physics tomorrow ...

Next time, DO NOT DIRECT LINK TO MY FILES!

And fix the post please.

Thank you.

Just looks so awesome. It reminds me of "The Incredibles" movie, does it for anyone else? It looks so similar to it.

I'm going to love this game so much and I think there is more in-game footage in the trailer than people might think.

Just looks so awesome. It reminds me of "The Incredibles" movie, does it for anyone else? It looks so similar to it.

I'm going to love this game so much and I think there is more in-game footage in the trailer than people might think.

LOL 4real yeah :LOL:

And the point of that is? It's been fixed as I requested in case you didn't notice so why are you bringing it up again?

I have no idea what Al3xand3r is talking about but ok!

Anyway, if anyone is wondering what the map spots are in the trailer, one of our highly knowledgeable TF players can fill you in on the scoop. Note, this is not official, but it comes from a person who is very seasoned player.

elwood (TFC player on FF forums) said:
Yes, the map is definately 2fort, but this is where i see the players located:

Hwguy is red side yard (you see both mini-entrances to red base and bridge)

Spy is located just past the bottom elevator in the basement of the blue base where the basement spawn connects to the basement room. ( At first you can see a little portion of the bottom elevator. Then as the spy leans around the corner you see long hall entrance to flagroom and also the bottom spiral exit)

[EDIT] The scout is in his own basement running toward the spiral.

Engineer has to be on some part of the sniper tower. Maybe outside the battlement spawn.

The medic is definately top spiral. Which is a really nice looking spiral. Very wide and with a high ceiling (makes offense fun and easy)

Sniper is battlements (great looking water pond indeed )

The soldier is very hard to determine... but my guess would be blue base upper elevator shaft room. Very hard to tell imo.

Pyro is just in the yard then the last clip with him spraying the flame thrower is just valve doing what they do best (cgi work)

And the point of that is? It's been fixed as I requested in case you didn't notice so why are you bringing it up again?
I just thought you were pretty hostile towards Ennui (or whoever fixed it). You could have been polite about it instead of shouting at him in the first sentence.

hopefully everyone downloaded the high-res version off of fileplanet its teh sex!

Back